Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mac and Osmo Pocket
16020 25 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198351 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Connecting USB-C to my mac and the Osmo doesn't show as a connected device. Nowhere.
Without pulling out the card - how am I meant to get the full res footage off my Osmo?

DJI's help files say to connect the USB and turn on the osmo and the files will show. They dont.

Mimo App doesn't download the 4k files - so the only solution is to pull the card in and out all the time?

Help please!
2018-12-12
Use props
fans727d5526
lvl.4
United States

Same is happening with me. The OSMO Pocket is connected and is charging. I shot a quick video to test and my Mac (Neither iMovie or Photos) see the device. I also tried plugging it directly into my Mac (incase the USB Hub was the issue, but it still does not see it as a video source. Tried it with both the pocket on and Off and neither worked.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans727d5526
lvl.4
United States

SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209103 ft
  • >>>
China

Yes,after removing the phone adapter,data is avaible to transfer via the bottom usb-c.

There is also tips showing on osmo pocket screen when connected to pc
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
This is a stupid design quirk.
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 20:13
Thank you!
This is a stupid design quirk.

Actually - you dont need to remove the phone adapter - you just can't have it 'sticking out' ready to dock - it can be reversed and stored on the Osmo.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Hi Satureyes, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion with checking your files from your computer. There are three types of ways on how to export the photos and videos from your Osmo Pocket.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.
2. When the Osmo Pocket is powered on, connect it to the PC with the Type-C USB cable. Then the photos and videos can be checked.
3. Power on the Osmo Pocket, then connect the Osmo Pocket to a mobile device with the smartphone adapter and download the original media.

Hope this helps. Should you have any questions, concerns, don't hesitate to reach again. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 06:24
Hi Satureyes, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion with checking your files from your computer. There are three types of ways on how to export the photos and videos from your Osmo Pocket.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.

Actually you are not 100% right.

The smartphone adapter has to be removed from the Osmo Pocket (or put into storage position  - reversed) or the connection between the USB-C in the base of the Osmo Pocket will not work to the computer. It WILL charge but the disk will not show until the smartphone adapter is either removed or reversed into the storage position.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Satureyes Posted at 12-13 07:06
Actually you are not 100% right.

The smartphone adapter has to be removed from the Osmo Pocket (or put into storage position  - reversed) or the connection between the USB-C in the base of the Osmo Pocket will not work to the computer. It WILL charge but the disk will not show until the smartphone adapter is either removed or reversed into the storage position.

Hi Satureyes, yes that's correct. You the orientation of the smartphone adapter should put into  storage position, otherwise it will not work when trying to access the files to your PC or Mac. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
Satureyes
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 07:15
Hi Satureyes, yes that's correct. You the orientation of the smartphone adapter should put into  storage position, otherwise it will not work when trying to access the files to your PC or Mac. Thank you.

Probably be helpful if this was actually on the FAQ or in the pdf manual. It’s a very strange ‘feature’.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

Satureyes Posted at 12-13 14:02
Probably be helpful if this was actually on the FAQ or in the pdf manual. It’s a very strange ‘feature’.

Hi Satureyes, thank you for your feedback. I will introduce this for a possible update. We appreciate it. Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 19:49
Yes,after removing the phone adapter,data is avaible to transfer via the bottom usb-c.

There is also tips showing on osmo pocket screen when connected to pc

I connect mine on a Imac and nothing appear with or without the lightning adaptor. Do I have to go somewhere in the Osmo Pocket settings to do it ?
Please help me, because it’s not really easy to put out and in the little Micro SD card...
2018-12-23
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 323661 ft
Germany

Connect with pc, switch the Pocket on, wait 3-4 seconds, tap on "connect with pc" on the Pocket-screen, ready.
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

fans727d5526 Posted at 12-12 18:31
SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.

Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

fans727d5526 Posted at 12-12 18:31
SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.

Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?
2018-12-23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I haven’t tried it yet. But, I would assume the prompt would be on the Pocket’s screen. Give that a tap and see.
2018-12-23
Use props
darrins
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR Posted at 12-23 17:37
Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?

Plug in the OP to your Mac, then turn on the OP. The OP starts up normally and you see on the OP screen whatever the lens is pointed at for a couple of seconds. And after a second or two you should see a pop-up on the screen of the OP asking you if you want to connect to the computer. On the screen of the OP you tap on connect and it mounts the micro sd card disk. I have a MacBook Pro with only USB C ports. I used a cable with a USB C on one end and a USB A on the other and had a little USB C adapter. At first it didn’t work so I switched the cable around plugging in the ends the other way (adapter to Mac and USB C end to OP) and it worked. Since then I picked up an Apple USB C charge cable and it mounts the disk right away. So if you have no luck, try a different cable.
2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same problem...
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

darrins Posted at 12-24 00:13
Plug in the OP to your Mac, then turn on the OP. The OP starts up normally and you see on the OP screen whatever the lens is pointed at for a couple of seconds. And after a second or two you should see a pop-up on the screen of the OP asking you if you want to connect to the computer. On the screen of the OP you tap on connect and it mounts the micro sd card disk. I have a MacBook Pro with only USB C ports. I used a cable with a USB C on one end and a USB A on the other and had a little USB C adapter. At first it didn’t work so I switched the cable around plugging in the ends the other way (adapter to Mac and USB C end to OP) and it worked. Since then I picked up an Apple USB C charge cable and it mounts the disk right away. So if you have no luck, try a different cable.

You were correct, I change the cable, put the lightning adaptor in storage position and it's work...! Now,  is anyone can tell me with way it's more faster for transfert... Bye the cable or insert my Micro SD card in an adapter...?  UHS-1V3
2018-12-27
Use props
suhaid
lvl.2

Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-12-14 01:32
Hi Satureyes, thank you for your feedback. I will introduce this for a possible update. We appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi, it would be even more awesome to bypass initialising the gimbal  when plugging into computer to offload media. This way the device could rest in the case, cable plugged in, screen pops question to 'Connect to computer?' and that's it. Thanks for considering this.
2-22 00:37
Use props
suhaid
lvl.2

Hungary

Hi, it would be even more awesome to bypass initialising the gimbal  when plugging into computer to offload media. This way the device could rest in the case, cable plugged in, screen pops question to 'Connect to computer?' and that's it. Thanks for considering this.
Use props
suhaid
lvl.2

Hungary

Use props
suhaid
lvl.2

Hungary

sorry for flood, was not intentional
2-22 00:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

suhaid Posted at 2-22 00:37

Hi there, we really appreciate you for being interested with DJI Product. This suggestion will be forwarded for future reference as well. Thanks!
2-22 08:10
Use props
Manuel Sevilla
New

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 08:10
Hi there, we really appreciate you for being interested with DJI Product. This suggestion will be forwarded for future reference as well. Thanks!

This is all good but even if you are connected to iMac or PC, the computer will not recognize the stitched panorama pics or the timelapse videos we captured. it'll all be captured frame by frame which is very frustrating. DJI should have a Mac OS app or this purpose for easy editing of our videos and panoramic shots.
8-12 04:07
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I do many time lapses. I simply offload the DCIM file, from the Pocket, to my iMac, and I have both the individual images, and the videos.

As far as panos go, I would prefer the individual images.
8-12 04:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules