61627 46 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Connecting USB-C to my mac and the Osmo doesn't show as a connected device. Nowhere.
Without pulling out the card - how am I meant to get the full res footage off my Osmo?

DJI's help files say to connect the USB and turn on the osmo and the files will show. They dont.

Mimo App doesn't download the 4k files - so the only solution is to pull the card in and out all the time?

Help please!
2018-12-12
Use props
fans727d5526
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Same is happening with me. The OSMO Pocket is connected and is charging. I shot a quick video to test and my Mac (Neither iMovie or Photos) see the device. I also tried plugging it directly into my Mac (incase the USB Hub was the issue, but it still does not see it as a video source. Tried it with both the pocket on and Off and neither worked.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans727d5526
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Yes,after removing the phone adapter,data is avaible to transfer via the bottom usb-c.

There is also tips showing on osmo pocket screen when connected to pc
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you!
This is a stupid design quirk.
2018-12-12
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 12-12 20:13
Thank you!
This is a stupid design quirk.

Actually - you dont need to remove the phone adapter - you just can't have it 'sticking out' ready to dock - it can be reversed and stored on the Osmo.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Satureyes, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion with checking your files from your computer. There are three types of ways on how to export the photos and videos from your Osmo Pocket.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.
2. When the Osmo Pocket is powered on, connect it to the PC with the Type-C USB cable. Then the photos and videos can be checked.
3. Power on the Osmo Pocket, then connect the Osmo Pocket to a mobile device with the smartphone adapter and download the original media.

Hope this helps. Should you have any questions, concerns, don't hesitate to reach again. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 06:24
Hi Satureyes, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion with checking your files from your computer. There are three types of ways on how to export the photos and videos from your Osmo Pocket.

1. Power off the Osmo Pocket, remove the SD card, insert it into a card reader, connect the card reader with a PC then export the files.

Actually you are not 100% right.

The smartphone adapter has to be removed from the Osmo Pocket (or put into storage position  - reversed) or the connection between the USB-C in the base of the Osmo Pocket will not work to the computer. It WILL charge but the disk will not show until the smartphone adapter is either removed or reversed into the storage position.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Satureyes Posted at 12-13 07:06
Actually you are not 100% right.

The smartphone adapter has to be removed from the Osmo Pocket (or put into storage position  - reversed) or the connection between the USB-C in the base of the Osmo Pocket will not work to the computer. It WILL charge but the disk will not show until the smartphone adapter is either removed or reversed into the storage position.

Hi Satureyes, yes that's correct. You the orientation of the smartphone adapter should put into  storage position, otherwise it will not work when trying to access the files to your PC or Mac. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 07:15
Hi Satureyes, yes that's correct. You the orientation of the smartphone adapter should put into  storage position, otherwise it will not work when trying to access the files to your PC or Mac. Thank you.

Probably be helpful if this was actually on the FAQ or in the pdf manual. It’s a very strange ‘feature’.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Satureyes Posted at 12-13 14:02
Probably be helpful if this was actually on the FAQ or in the pdf manual. It’s a very strange ‘feature’.

Hi Satureyes, thank you for your feedback. I will introduce this for a possible update. We appreciate it. Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 19:49
Yes,after removing the phone adapter,data is avaible to transfer via the bottom usb-c.

There is also tips showing on osmo pocket screen when connected to pc

I connect mine on a Imac and nothing appear with or without the lightning adaptor. Do I have to go somewhere in the Osmo Pocket settings to do it ?
Please help me, because it’s not really easy to put out and in the little Micro SD card...
2018-12-23
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Connect with pc, switch the Pocket on, wait 3-4 seconds, tap on "connect with pc" on the Pocket-screen, ready.
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

fans727d5526 Posted at 12-12 18:31
SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.

Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

fans727d5526 Posted at 12-12 18:31
SOLVED: I tried on a whim to remove the lightening adapter on the pocket and then got the prompt "Connect to computer?". Obviously the Osmo Pocket has to be on as well. I think the device defaults to thinking you are hooked up to your iPhone when an adapter is mounted onto the OSMO Pocket. Once that adapter is remove and Pocket is powered on you should get the prompt within 3-5 seconds. Imported footage into iMovie no problem.

Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?
2018-12-23
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I haven’t tried it yet. But, I would assume the prompt would be on the Pocket’s screen. Give that a tap and see.
2018-12-23
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR Posted at 12-23 17:37
Are you on PC or Mac ?
Where is the prompt you're talking about ? On the device or on the Mac ?

Plug in the OP to your Mac, then turn on the OP. The OP starts up normally and you see on the OP screen whatever the lens is pointed at for a couple of seconds. And after a second or two you should see a pop-up on the screen of the OP asking you if you want to connect to the computer. On the screen of the OP you tap on connect and it mounts the micro sd card disk. I have a MacBook Pro with only USB C ports. I used a cable with a USB C on one end and a USB A on the other and had a little USB C adapter. At first it didn’t work so I switched the cable around plugging in the ends the other way (adapter to Mac and USB C end to OP) and it worked. Since then I picked up an Apple USB C charge cable and it mounts the disk right away. So if you have no luck, try a different cable.
2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same problem...
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_aQ4S0NDLutGR
lvl.1
Canada

darrins Posted at 12-24 00:13
Plug in the OP to your Mac, then turn on the OP. The OP starts up normally and you see on the OP screen whatever the lens is pointed at for a couple of seconds. And after a second or two you should see a pop-up on the screen of the OP asking you if you want to connect to the computer. On the screen of the OP you tap on connect and it mounts the micro sd card disk. I have a MacBook Pro with only USB C ports. I used a cable with a USB C on one end and a USB A on the other and had a little USB C adapter. At first it didn’t work so I switched the cable around plugging in the ends the other way (adapter to Mac and USB C end to OP) and it worked. Since then I picked up an Apple USB C charge cable and it mounts the disk right away. So if you have no luck, try a different cable.

You were correct, I change the cable, put the lightning adaptor in storage position and it's work...! Now,  is anyone can tell me with way it's more faster for transfert... Bye the cable or insert my Micro SD card in an adapter...?  UHS-1V3
2018-12-27
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-12-14 01:32
Hi Satureyes, thank you for your feedback. I will introduce this for a possible update. We appreciate it. Thank you.

Hi, it would be even more awesome to bypass initialising the gimbal  when plugging into computer to offload media. This way the device could rest in the case, cable plugged in, screen pops question to 'Connect to computer?' and that's it. Thanks for considering this.
2019-2-22
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

Hi, it would be even more awesome to bypass initialising the gimbal  when plugging into computer to offload media. This way the device could rest in the case, cable plugged in, screen pops question to 'Connect to computer?' and that's it. Thanks for considering this.
2019-2-22
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

2019-2-22
Use props
suhaid
lvl.1

Hungary

sorry for flood, was not intentional
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

suhaid Posted at 2-22 00:37

Hi there, we really appreciate you for being interested with DJI Product. This suggestion will be forwarded for future reference as well. Thanks!
2019-2-22
Use props
Manuel Sevilla
New

Philippines

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-22 08:10
Hi there, we really appreciate you for being interested with DJI Product. This suggestion will be forwarded for future reference as well. Thanks!

This is all good but even if you are connected to iMac or PC, the computer will not recognize the stitched panorama pics or the timelapse videos we captured. it'll all be captured frame by frame which is very frustrating. DJI should have a Mac OS app or this purpose for easy editing of our videos and panoramic shots.
2019-8-12
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

I do many time lapses. I simply offload the DCIM file, from the Pocket, to my iMac, and I have both the individual images, and the videos.

As far as panos go, I would prefer the individual images.
2019-8-12
Use props
hendrikehlersmac.com
lvl.1

Namibia

Not only is DJI unwilling to deliver a firmware patch to enable the Pocket as a webcam (other DJI product can!), now I have a MacBook Air M1 which runs IOS apps including Mimo, but the camera does not connect. How little consideration do you have towards the people spending their money to buy your products?
2021-2-10
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

hendrikehlersmac.com Posted at 2-10 01:20
Not only is DJI unwilling to deliver a firmware patch to enable the Pocket as a webcam (other DJI product can!), now I have a MacBook Air M1 which runs IOS apps including Mimo, but the camera does not connect. How little consideration do you have towards the people spending their money to buy your products?

If you have been using Mac for some time, how many of your 32-bit apps have died and not been upgraded since Catalina rolled into town !?!

Have you actually contacted DJI? You may also want to contact Apple. What has changed is your computer.

You are dealing with a proprietary chip that was released less than 3 months ago. It will be interesting to find if any other peripherals may also cease to function.

In any case, if it is a hardware/firmware conflict, it might take more than 3 months to discover and resolve.

2021-2-10
Use props
hendrikehlersmac.com
lvl.1

Namibia

Not only is DJI unwilling to deliver a firmware patch to enable the Pocket as a webcam (other DJI product can!), now I have a MacBook Air M1 which runs IOS apps including Mimo, but the camera does not connect. How little consideration do you have towards the people spending their money to buy your products?

Hello DJI, any news on the issues ?
2021-3-9
Use props
hendrikehlersmac.com
lvl.1

Namibia

Curt1591 Posted at 2-10 02:01
If you have been using Mac for some time, how many of your 32-bit apps have died and not been upgraded since Catalina rolled into town !?!

Have you actually contacted DJI? You may also want to contact Apple. What has changed is your computer.

That answer is not correct, as the DJI Mimo did nor run on earlier Macs either. On top DJI PR says it runs on Mac M1s. That is true, you can open the app and then do nothing with it. Great stuff !
2021-3-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Apparently, it doesn't run all IOS apps. This is what happens when new tech rolls out.

I doubt DJI is going to update their firmware.
2021-3-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Not only is DJI unwilling to deliver a firmware patch to enable the Pocket as a webcam (other DJI product can!), now I have a MacBook Air M1 which runs IOS apps including Mimo, but the camera does not connect. How little consideration do you have towards the people spending their money to buy your products?

Does the M1 run LumaFusion? That would score with me!

Why a desire to run Mimo on a laptop?? The compactness of the system seems to be the point of the device.
2021-3-10
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mimo is not anywhere close to being even a "basic editing app" (NLE) nor was it intended to be. It's main purpose is to "assist" you with capturing your image as opposed to the thumbnail screen on the Osmo. I personally don't have any issue at all popping the SD card and copying to my Mac, Gnarbox or iPad Pro for editing. It's just too damn easy to do it...
2021-3-10
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Gulfstream Posted at 3-10 14:31
Mimo is not anywhere close to being even a "basic editing app" (NLE) nor was it intended to be. It's main purpose is to "assist" you with capturing your image as opposed to the thumbnail screen on the Osmo. I personally don't have any issue at all popping the SD card and copying to my Mac, Gnarbox or iPad Pro for editing. It's just too damn easy to do it...

I offload by connecting directly to my old fashion Intel Mac and offloading my videos/images. I have never even considered Mimo for editing.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_ElHSrFCdX0KT
New

United States

I am having this same issue. I have only successfully connected the Osmo Pocket to my Mac (running MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3) one time to transfer my videos. Every other time I have tried, it either doesn't even prompt me to connect or it offers to "Connect to Computer" and I choose "Accept," then the Osmo Pocket's screen goes black and the front facing LED flashes green like it's charging. But them microSD card doesn't show up in my finder and I can't even get the Osmo Pocket to respond. This is really frustrating. I am using the USB-A to USB-C cable that came with the Osmo Pocket, but have tried a couple others to no avail. I don't have the Lightening adapter in at all. What can I do other than buying a separate card reader?
2021-4-25
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

What "Mac" is it? Does it have a card slot? Did your Micro SD card come with an adaptor?

OS is becoming more squirrelly with every update.

By "doesn't show up in my finder" are we talking desktop or actual finder.
If the former, click on the finder on the dock and see if it shows up there.

Because of the big leap that is Bug Sur, I haven't updated yet. But, even with Catalina, I had to tweak my settings to get it to function in a way I'm more comfortable.
I'd check system preferences and see if there might be some permissions or other settings that could affect connected drives.

2021-4-25
Use props
Tau Myx
lvl.1
United States

I figured it out.  The USB-C cable supplied with the Pocket 2 supports power, but not data!  I got the Pocket 2 drive to show up using a different cable.
2021-8-29
Use props
Tau Myx
lvl.1
United States

Tau Myx Posted at 8-29 17:42
I figured it out.  The USB-C cable supplied with the Pocket 2 supports power, but not data!  I got the Pocket 2 drive to show up using a different cable.

Correction - the supplied cable works for data if I plug it directly into my Mac.  If I go through my USB 3.0 hub, it only supplies power and does not transfer data.
2021-8-31
Use props
Maxime Chauvineau
New

France

Hello, I have the same problem. When I put my osmo pocket 1 on my mac M1 with an adapter. I see on the osmo screen "connect to computer". But when I put "yes", I can't see anything on my mac. There is nothing ! what can I do ??? help
2021-10-16
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Maxime Chauvineau Posted at 10-16 09:34
Hello, I have the same problem. When I put my osmo pocket 1 on my mac M1 with an adapter. I see on the osmo screen "connect to computer". But when I put "yes", I can't see anything on my mac. There is nothing ! what can I do ??? help

Don't know how familiar you are with Mac OS. So, I will show one possibility.

Open your Finder and see if it shows as an external disk. If it does, you have found it. If you want it to show on your desktop, click that in the finder Preferences.

If not in the Finder, maybe someone can come up with plan B.
finder.jpg
finder_prefs.jpg
2021-10-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules