Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mimo app keeps disconnecting from Osmo Pocket
884605 884605 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea344b73
New

New Zealand

Same issue. Keeps disconnecting from the iPhone . Very frustrating.
2018-12-25
Use props
Paul
New
Flight distance : 262 ft
Italy

Same issue for me, new iPhone XR and constant disconnects,
2018-12-25
Use props
fans8201f657
New
Flight distance : 36476 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue on iPhone XS
2018-12-29
Use props
kiki4438081
New
France

Hi same issue from a samsung galaxy note 9, with mode airplane on, it seems to work.
Meme problème avec un samsung Galaxy note 9, pas de retour video, écran noir, déconnection . Avec le mode avion, cela semble fonctionner.
2018-12-29
Use props
fans273b66b9
lvl.1
United States

I think it is Gr8 that someone has found a workaround for the dropped connection issue. Unfortunately this is just another case of a company delivering a product to market that they either have not validated correctly or just decided to ship it anyway knowing of the issue. I for one am tired of being the quality control department for these types of issues.

Yesterday I decided to use my brand new Osmo Pocket to record the events of a 50th wedding anniversary party for a good friend. Due to this dropout issue and not knowing the workaround I missed a significant portion of the events of the party. Have to say I am really upset !!

DJI should be responsible to communicate this issue to potential new purchasers since they have known about this issue for awhile now. Letting us find out for ourselves is paramount to fraud !!
2018-12-30
Use props
fans273b66b9
lvl.1
United States

I decided to return my Osmo Pocket to Amazon since I was still within the return period. The device is not at all reliable when connected to the phone and that is how I intend to use so I decided to return it. Shipped it back yesterday.
2019-1-1
Use props
Allen Albano
New

United States

I am also having issues staying connected.  I would hate to return it.
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_kTsPtJGwlnVl
New
United States

Same problem here, using an iPhone 8 plus. Will return it tomorrow and get another one, but, after reading the other comments here, my expectations are low. It seems the connector is the issue, it seems a little loose all the time.
2019-1-5
Use props
fans75420bd1
lvl.2
United States

I am having exactly the same issue. Very annoying. I tried it on my iPad and that seems OK, but I’m not taking my iPad with me.
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry to see you all have the same issue, we have released a new DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists? Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans75420bd1 Posted at 1-6 08:34
I am having exactly the same issue. Very annoying. I tried it on my iPad and that seems OK, but I’m not taking my iPad with me.

Hi there, please update DJI Mimo to V1.0.2 and let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_kTsPtJGwlnVl Posted at 1-5 19:17
Same problem here, using an iPhone 8 plus. Will return it tomorrow and get another one, but, after reading the other comments here, my expectations are low. It seems the connector is the issue, it seems a little loose all the time.

Hi there, we have released DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and try again? It is recommended to hold the Osmo Pocket and the mobile device with two hands for filming.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Allen Albano Posted at 1-2 19:03
I am also having issues staying connected.  I would hate to return it.

Hi Allen, sorry to know you have the same issue, could you please update to V1.0.2 and let us know if the issue persists?
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans273b66b9 Posted at 1-1 08:41
I decided to return my Osmo Pocket to Amazon since I was still within the return period. The device is not at all reliable when connected to the phone and that is how I intend to use so I decided to return it. Shipped it back yesterday.

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we will keep improving it to make you have a better experience in the future.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kiki4438081 Posted at 2018-12-29 18:58
Hi same issue from a samsung galaxy note 9, with mode airplane on, it seems to work.
Meme problème avec un samsung Galaxy note 9, pas de retour video, écran noir, déconnection . Avec le mode avion, cela semble fonctionner.

Hi there, sorry to know you have the same issue, could you please update DJI Mimo to V1.0.2 and let us know if the issue persists?
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Paul@colton.net Posted at 2018-12-25 10:05
Same issue for me, new iPhone XR and constant disconnects,

Paul, we have released a new DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists? Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_kTsPtJGwlnVl
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 03:16
Hi there, we have released DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and try again? It is recommended to hold the Osmo Pocket and the mobile device with two hands for filming.

I returned the unit and got another one. Maybe I am biased, but the whole unit seems “newer” for some reason, and the connector seems much less loose than the other. Used the whole day and worked perfectly. So far, so good!
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_kTsPtJGwlnVl Posted at 1-7 16:50
I returned the unit and got another one. Maybe I am biased, but the whole unit seems “newer” for some reason, and the connector seems much less loose than the other. Used the whole day and worked perfectly. So far, so good!

Glad to know you got another one, we have released new firmware and APP, please update to the latest version and let us know if there is any further issue.
2019-1-7
Use props
fans4bac3722
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1464925 ft
United States

I am having the same issue with my iPhone XS Max 512GB I thought it was just me but glad to here it’s a DJI problem and will return mine back to Best Buy for refund until they get this sorted out!!
So annoyed with the lack of QC for a product like this.
2019-1-9
Use props
fansd66249fd
lvl.1
United States

Hi!
I have the same issue even after updating both app and firmware. I use a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Funny thing is that if I connect my phone by cable it works perfectly. Could it be a hardware issue? Would you suggest I return for a new one?
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_QmJWq0M31Ttw
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 02:24
Hi all, sorry to see you all have the same issue, we have released a new DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists? Thank you.

i just bought Osmo Pocket and get latest version of app and updated firmware. But still i have same issue.every 1-2 min disconnected.help me.
2019-1-11
Use props
mlauzon.me
lvl.1
Flight distance : 417795 ft
Canada

Hi,

I have the same problem with my gear.  All is updated to te last firmware snd software.  When my Osmo Pocket is connected to my iphone i remark the charge symbol appears on my screen that’s normal?

A+
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_QmJWq0M31Ttw Posted at 1-11 19:35
i just bought Osmo Pocket and get latest version of app and updated firmware. But still i have same issue.every 1-2 min disconnected.help me.

Thanks for your feedback, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mlauzon.me Posted at 1-11 19:35
Hi,

I have the same problem with my gear.  All is updated to te last firmware snd software.  When my Osmo Pocket is connected to my iphone i remark the charge symbol appears on my screen that’s normal?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, the issue has been escalated to our engineers for further analysis, I will keep you updated once I hear anything from them, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd66249fd Posted at 1-10 01:59
Hi!
I have the same issue even after updating both app and firmware. I use a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Funny thing is that if I connect my phone by cable it works perfectly. Could it be a hardware issue? Would you suggest I return for a new one?

Hi there, may I verify which cable you are referring to?
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4bac3722 Posted at 1-9 06:57
I am having the same issue with my iPhone XS Max 512GB I thought it was just me but glad to here it’s a DJI problem and will return mine back to Best Buy for refund until they get this sorted out!!
So annoyed with the lack of QC for a product like this.

We are really sorry for the trouble caused, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will keep you updated in this thread once we figure out what happened.
2019-1-11
Use props
fansd66249fd
lvl.1
United States

I attached a usb-c to usb-c cable from the bottom port of the Osmo Pocket to my phones usb-c charging port. So, could it be that somethings wrong with the regular port or adapter?
2019-1-11
Use props
jirkadus
New
Czechia

Hi,
I have very similar issue with my Android LG G5 - after connecting to Osmo, phone keeps vibrate in 1 second intervals and drains osmo's battery. The only time it gets connected is only for first time after phone restart. But I will not restart the phone every time I want to shoot a video. I have MIMO DJI 1.0.2 and 1.03.00.20 Osmo firmware.  I tried it on a different G5 and have the same results.

Any ideas what to do?
2019-1-12
Use props
Harald_C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112310 ft
Austria

fans8eea1404 Posted at 2018-12-20 01:32
Same issue for me with iPhone X.
Special phenomena: after lost connection the osmo pocket does in most of the cases not reconnect again, unless I turned it off for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I can reconnect but only in case I have not touched the touchscreen prior to the reconnection attempt.
I contacted the support and they meant it could be related with the lightning connector and they will sent a new one - suspicious about that but let's give it a try...

Hi just received the new lightning connector from the DJI support (yes took quite some time) and I can confirm that this solved the issue for me - now perfectly stable connection :-)
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Harald_C Posted at 1-14 10:02
Hi just received the new lightning connector from the DJI support (yes took quite some time) and I can confirm that this solved the issue for me - now perfectly stable connection :-)

Hi Harald_C, glad to know your issue has been figured out, hope you have a great time with Osmo Pocket.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jirkadus Posted at 1-12 17:41
Hi,
I have very similar issue with my Android LG G5 - after connecting to Osmo, phone keeps vibrate in 1 second intervals and drains osmo's battery. The only time it gets connected is only for first time after phone restart. But I will not restart the phone every time I want to shoot a video. I have MIMO DJI 1.0.2 and 1.03.00.20 Osmo firmware.  I tried it on a different G5 and have the same results.

Hi jirkadus, sorry to read your unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, we will need a short sample video for further analysis, any change to provide us a short video? Thank you in advance.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd66249fd Posted at 1-11 23:25
I attached a usb-c to usb-c cable from the bottom port of the Osmo Pocket to my phones usb-c charging port. So, could it be that somethings wrong with the regular port or adapter?

Our engineers will need a short sample video of the disconnection issue for further analysis, any chance to provide us a short video?
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry that the disconnection issue persists after the firmware and APP update, our engineers need a short sample video for further analysis to locate the problem, any chance to assist? Thank you all in advance.
2019-1-14
Use props
fansd66249fd
lvl.1
United States

On the DJI store usb c dongles are out of stock. Since mine doesn't work could you guys just send a new one?
2019-1-14
Use props
Antony
New
Canada

got my replacement unit and the new unit works just fine now!
2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Antony@BSG Posted at 1-22 19:50
got my replacement unit and the new unit works just fine now!

Glad to hear that Antony, hope you have a great time with Osmo Pocket.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd66249fd Posted at 1-14 21:01
On the DJI store usb c dongles are out of stock. Since mine doesn't work could you guys just send a new one?

Hi there, may I verify when did you purchase and any chance to share us a short video for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-1-23
Use props
fansc75e84c4
New

United States

I’m having the same issue with my iPhone XS Max staying connected to my OP. Both devices have been updated to the latest firmware. iOS 12.1.3 & Firmware 01.40.00.20.
2019-1-30
Use props
fansc75e84c4
New

United States

The Mimo app will connect but after some use, I’ll get the “device disconnected” error message. There’s no case on my iPhone and the lighting adapters is completely connecting and flushed against my phone.
2019-1-30
Use props
lmrab
New

Malaysia

unfortunately i have the same issue
and i want to update the firmware manually trying to fix this problem but i couldn't find any links! in the website
2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules