Mimo app keeps disconnecting from Osmo Pocket
27251 103 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EllaE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 02:24
Hi all, sorry to see you all have the same issue, we have released a new DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists? Thank you.

I have a different issue. I downloaded mimo app but when I connect my Osmo pocket nothing happened. I tried 3 different phones and it doesn't work. Do you have any suggestion?
2019-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EllaE Posted at 2-26 12:47
I have a different issue. I downloaded mimo app but when I connect my Osmo pocket nothing happened. I tried 3 different phones and it doesn't work. Do you have any suggestion?

Hi EllaE, sorry to hear that, may I verify what mobile devices you have tried? There are two phone adapters included--Lightning and Type-C, did you try both of them?
2019-2-27
Use props
EllaE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-27 01:33
Hi EllaE, sorry to hear that, may I verify what mobile devices you have tried? There are two phone adapters included--Lightning and Type-C, did you try both of them?

I tried on just iphones
2019-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

EllaE Posted at 2-27 06:28
I tried on just iphones

Any chance to try a Type-C mobile phone? If it is working, it is possible the issue of the Lightning adapter.
2019-3-1
Use props
fans2026270b
New

United Kingdom

Hi all.  So I had this same issue.  I researched on YouTube and found a video that offered a solution.  I had no hope with it as it seemed odd.  But I tried never the less.  And it only went and worked!!!  

So.  Eject the micro sd from your Osmo Pocket.  Plug it into your computer.  Save any images and then format it.  Pop it back in your Osmo Pocket and it should work!  Mine did.  Seems strange but worked for the guy on YouTube and it has just worked for me!!
2019-3-13
Use props
ghenghis748
New
United States

I have similar issue with Osmo Pocket disconnecting from my iPhone 6S Plus but now it just won't connect at all.  I will try to connect with another iPhone to see if it is my phone issue. If it still won't connect i would like to know what is the return policy for Osmo Pocket? I would like to try another Osmo Pocket to see if it is my Osmo Pocket that is having an issue. It was a Christmas gift so I have had it for 3 months now.  It's so frustrating because i still can record and see the footage i have shot but cannot get into custom settings when it's not connected to the phone.
2019-3-18
Use props
fans3a5ff519
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Brand new Osmo Pocket will not register with DJI...My account works for other DJI products but Osmo will not register. .......   Any suggestions?
2019-4-6
Use props
fans505bb6e3
New

United States

Just bought this today before boarding a ship for work. Disconnecting like other describe! Hope I get back in port before the return policy runs out.

I’ve run the updates and it makes a good connection to my IPhone XS Max.

So frustrating!
2019-4-10
Use props
Yani223
New
Philippines

Ugh! I have the same problem. I am on vacation and it's annoying that it disconnects randomly., esp when i am trying to transfer files. I am using iphone 8plus with moment case that has enough space at the charging buttom. I checked it thoroughly and the case is not touching the osmo pocket at all!

Hello DJI! Are we expecting updates soon?
2019-4-25
Use props
fans492f0f13
New

United States

Bought an Osmo Pocket 2 days ago and haven’t been able to record even one second of footage. You can’t use the camera unless it’s activated with your mobile device. I’ve got an iPhone X and the Osmo disconnects itself every time I get to the activation screen. I’ve tried airplane mode, nothing works. This is my first DJI purchase and will most likely be my last after this awful investment.
2019-5-10
Use props
djiuser_vT9Aj35iVqOb
lvl.1
United States

This is happening to me as well. Any way I can help with the videos etc to debug before I ask for a replacement? It’s been updated to latest firmware and app versions
2019-6-1
Use props
Nadrul Jamal
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi,

I have just bought an osmo pocket this week. I got same problem: device keep disconnecting from phone while using smartphone adapter. Had a hard time just to activate the device since it require connection thru the adapter. Now I'm trying to update the firmware, but never successful since it always disconnect, never reach 30% of progress.

Any advice or solution available?

Regards,
Jamal
2019-6-12
Use props
TracyCox
lvl.1
Canada

I’m having the same disconnection problems with iPhone 6 Plus. It used to work perfectly.
2019-6-20
Use props
TracyCox
lvl.1
Canada

Actually it’s now saying that my device is not supported when I try to connect! iPhone 6 plus
2019-6-20
Use props
TracyCox
lvl.1
Canada

DISCONNECTION  ISSUE SOLVED!!  To stop random disconnection issues when Osmo Pocket is tethered to my iPhone I put the iPhone on airplane mode!!
2019-6-20
Use props
fans7ee7fb25
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

That the stupidest thing I have ever heard
2019-6-22
Use props
fans409ce55b
New

I have the same issue. My OP used to work fine with my iPhoneX but recently it just keep disconnecting. Some times can’t even find the device. I don’t have case on my phone. What do I need to do? Please help!
2019-9-8
Use props
andyswe
New

SOLVED. I experienced the exact same issues as described above on my brand new Osmo today in September of 2019 when trying to connect it to my phone for the first time and initiate a firmware upgrade.

I disconnected the Osmo from the phone, closed the app after having downloaded the currect firmware, entered Flight Mode on the phone, reconnected the Osmo to the phone thus starting the app and was then able to install the firmware on the Osmo. After firmware install the Osmo is properly connected to the phone with 4G, wifi and Bluetooth active on the phone again.

I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL phone but I realized the workaround after reading about the iPhone users above.
2019-9-11
Use props
Aisha Gothey
New

Tanzania

Jambo from zanzibar.  So I bought the dji mobile 3 about 3 weeks ago ..and I have the mimo app on my android phone .. the gymbal was working and all of a sudden it keeps disconnecting from the app. I have updated everything but still disconnects and it's really annoying me. Help
2019-11-1
Use props
djiuser_LQHSTo8TuxwW
New

Singapore

I have the osmo pocket 3, and same issue persist. Using the samsung s10+ and still the app and the device just keeps on disconnecting
2019-11-14
Use props
Mario C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132648 ft
United States

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem except I'm using a Samsung Note 9. I've had the camera for about a year but have only used it for a total of around an hour. Now i can't use it because i can't stay connected. WHY, WHY, WHY can't DJI have better software developers?!?
2020-10-30
Use props
greghack
New

Australia

I’m having same issues randomly disconnected from phone. I don’t move the phone or camera, updated latest firmware still constantly disconnects have to remove camera and connect again happens randomly every few minutes. iPhone 8 Plus very annoying and incredibly disappointing for such an expensive product. Osmo 2
2021-2-11
Use props
fans5e8d3757
New

United States

I am also having this issue with an iPhone 11 max. Everything is updated. I even brought it to the apple store to get the lightning port cleansed. They said it was clear and cleaned it anyway. Still the same problem. I make sure to have it securely plugged in. I use it for real estate and it really makes a problem for me when it disconnects on the job. Any ideas will be appreciated
2021-7-1
Use props
fans80c532df
New
Australia

My action 2 camera keeps disconnecting from the Mimo app after about 5 seconds of connecting. Cannot record videos or photos from the phone. Can’t even playback or transfer media through the app. Keeps showing current app version or DJI Mimo not supported. Very disappointing experience. Literally the camera is useless like this.
2022-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules