Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mimo app keeps disconnecting from Osmo Pocket
123Next >
27243 103 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  I am getting so annoyed!  When my iPhone XS Max is physically connected to the Osmo Pocket, I frequently get “phone has disconnected@ over and over.  

I have made sure the lightning plus is secure on the osmo and that’s it’s fully inserted into the phone.  

I am holding by the phone (or with both hands one in phone one on osmo) but never a single hand on the osmo only.  

I’ll get the disconnected error, then it will sometimes recover on its own, many times not.  If it doesn’t reconnect on its own, I have to physically remove the phone from the osmo, then force close the app on the iPhone and reconnect.   Then after a few minutes it will happen all over again.  

Osmo and iPhone batteries fully charged.   Osmo upgrades to latest FW (I think 1.20?) right after I activated it.  iPhone XS MAX at latest 12.1.1
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry to see you all have the same issue, we have released a new DJI Mimo V1.0.2, could you please update to the latest version and let us know if the issue persists? Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
fans727d5526
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

When I got mine today, it also was not always launching the app and lost connection. I looked at the lightening connector adapter on the OSMO and could see that it had just a little bit more to snap fully into the correct place/position. After that mine worked fine, launches Mimo, update went fine, no disconnects. I know you stated that the lightening connector is secure on OSMO, just mentioning that I thought my connector was fully in as well, but it was not.
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi

Is there  a phone case stopping from fully connecting to osmo pocket?

does Iphone vibrate when connecting to osmo pocket?

2018-12-13
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-13 06:38
Hi

Is there  a phone case stopping from fully connecting to osmo pocket?

No case (hate cases).  Yes it dings and vibrates when it’s connected.  Just disconnects randomly for seemingly no reason.  

Guess I’ll have to return it.  Not ready for prime time
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. I understand that the DJI Mimo application keeps disconnecting from DJI Osmo Pocket. Since this issue is happening the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for you. After creating a case. Please PM me the case number for us to follow this case up. Thank you.

2018-12-13
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 08:25
Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue with your new DJI Osmo Pocket. I understand that the DJI Mimo application keeps disconnecting from DJI Osmo Pocket. Since this issue is happening the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support and create a case for you. After creating a case. Please PM me the case number for us to follow this case up. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks but it’s WAAAY easier just to return it to Best Buy for another one rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for DJI to look at it
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 12-13 08:54
Thanks but it’s WAAAY easier just to return it to Best Buy for another one rather than waiting 2-3 weeks for DJI to look at it

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, you may return the DJI Osmo Pocket to best buy for a replacement and could you please kindly PM me the serial number of the DJI Osmo Pocket that you have before returning it? Thank you for your support.
2018-12-13
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Have you checked the iPhones charging port? (I realize this might not be the case since your iPhone is quite new). But I've had experience where my iPhone won't transfer any data because of dust stuck in the charging port. Might be worth giving a try. Anyhow; I hope you get a quick fix for this!
2018-12-13
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-13 09:12
Have you checked the iPhones charging port? (I realize this might not be the case since your iPhone is quite new). But I've had experience where my iPhone won't transfer any data because of dust stuck in the charging port. Might be worth giving a try. Anyhow; I hope you get a quick fix for this!

Interesting. Hadn’t considered that.  Will look into that.  Thanks!
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_M7EgNxUOdbVp
lvl.1
United States

I’m having the exact same issue. I received mine tonight and after installing and updating, it constantly disconnects from the app at random times. I’m using an iPhone X, there is no case in the way, it is fully attached and still it will randomly disconnect quite often. I then have to pull the camera off and reattach it to get it to reconnect. I also tried it on my wife’s iPhone X to make sure it wasn’t my port.
2018-12-14
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 12-13 09:35
Interesting. Hadn’t considered that.  Will look into that.  Thanks!

Blew out the lightning connector but no joy.  Still disconnects at random intervals.  
2018-12-14
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 09:04
Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, you may return the DJI Osmo Pocket to best buy for a replacement and could you please kindly PM me the serial number of the DJI Osmo Pocket that you have before returning it? Thank you for your support.

Hi.  Please inform your engineers about this problem.  As you can see below, another person with an iPhone X series is having this random disconnection issue.  

I really like this camera but I think the firmware is still a little wonky
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_oeYSp3ddSyCr
lvl.1

United States

Same problem for me.  Sheesh.   Worked for about an hour but now either will not connect or keeps disconnecting from software ... not a physical disconnect.   Bops me off.  My iPhone 10xs is  fully charged.  No case.  This acts like software bug rather than connection of the plug.
2018-12-14
Use props
djiuser_oeYSp3ddSyCr
lvl.1

United States

I plan to return this one to DJI by mail and buy another at Best Buy.  If that doesn't work as expected, it will go back as well.
2018-12-14
Use props
flyboy707
lvl.2
Flight distance : 224196 ft
Australia

I’m having this issue as well. iPhone 7 Plus. iOS 12.1.1
Firmware 1.02.00.20
Serial 0W7DFBE0120423
Makes the connection sound on the iphone, but disconnects from Mimo after 2-4 seconds. Day two. Worked perfectly first day...
2018-12-14
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.1
United States

Mine has done that a lot, too. iPhone 6
2018-12-14
Use props
fans5fcfc424
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33921 ft
Australia

Might have a solution for now. The phone and Osmo Pocket work seamlessly inside my apartment but when I get outside my WiFi range and switch to 4G mobile network the disconnecting begins. Turned on airplane mode and it hasn’t missed a beat. Thinking this might be a problem with either Mimo or the firmware or both. Anyone else able to confirm my suspicions?
2018-12-15
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fans5fcfc424 Posted at 12-15 02:59
Might have a solution for now. The phone and Osmo Pocket work seamlessly inside my apartment but when I get outside my WiFi range and switch to 4G mobile network the disconnecting begins. Turned on airplane mode and it hasn’t missed a beat. Thinking this might be a problem with either Mimo or the firmware or both. Anyone else able to confirm my suspicions?

I’ve only been inside my house using this so far.  I will try using airplane mode and see (but I sure shouldn’t have to do that!)
2018-12-15
Use props
jamesba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1736188 ft
Australia

Same problem for me using an iPhone 8+.  Works OK in the app, and then randomly disconnects.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans5fcfc424
lvl.1
Australia

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 12-15 03:28
I’ve only been inside my house using this so far.  I will try using airplane mode and see (but I sure shouldn’t have to do that!)

You absolutely shouldn’t have to. Don’t disagree with you there but it’s the only thing that’s making my Osmo / IPhone combo work at this stage so it’s not a hardware issue for myself at least (can’t speak for you. It could be completely different source of the problem). Hope this at least is a band aid fix for you until this gets resolved by DJI
2018-12-15
Use props
fans45534087
lvl.1

Belgium

Same issue here with a brand New iPhone xr without The case
2018-12-15
Use props
fans45534087
lvl.1

Belgium

fans45534087 Posted at 12-15 06:41
Same issue here with a brand New iPhone xr without The case

And apparently indeed the workaround suggested above to turn on airplane mode works! Thanks for the suggestion!
2018-12-15
Use props
fans45534087
lvl.1

Belgium

Had the same issue. Worked on in-house wifi. Did not work when phone was outside on 4G. Had random loss of connection between app and Osmo Pocket. Turned on flight safe mode and it worked consistently. Cannot imagine this is as designed but in the mean time it’s goid to know a fix. Thanks!
2018-12-15
Use props
fans5fcfc424
lvl.1
Australia

fans45534087 Posted at 12-15 10:22
Had the same issue. Worked on in-house wifi. Did not work when phone was outside on 4G. Had random loss of connection between app and Osmo Pocket. Turned on flight safe mode and it worked consistently. Cannot imagine this is as designed but in the mean time it’s goid to know a fix. Thanks!

Thanks for confirming my suspicions! Yay I got something right. Hopefully there’s a patch coming through soon from DJI. A bit of relief that it’s not a loose physical connection and fixable software issue.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans5fcfc424
lvl.1
Australia

fans45534087 Posted at 12-15 10:19
And apparently indeed the workaround suggested above to turn on airplane mode works! Thanks for the suggestion!

Happy to help stranger! Hopefully there is a proper fix on the way from DJI. The work around is less than ideal but at least it works for now. Happy filming
2018-12-15
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same problem here. Worked perfectly at first. Now the disconnects.

Found a solution.

Put the phone into flight mode.  Works fine. Something is tripping out the phone. Not sure if it’s Wifi/Bluetooth or a combo of both of them.
Either way - it’s more likely an app issue and the flight mode is a temp fix until DJI fix it.
2018-12-16
Use props
i hate to regis
New

United States

Just got mine today and its a brick. First off the force me to register and waive all my rights to privacy. Then the device will not activate. I'm not a nubie this thing is not working.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 12-14 17:29
Hi.  Please inform your engineers about this problem.  As you can see below, another person with an iPhone X series is having this random disconnection issue.  

I really like this camera but I think the firmware is still a little wonky

Thank you for the additional information you have given us today. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product and to check the recommended mobile device list as well. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-17
Use props
Mike_in_Letcombe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 421821 ft
United Kingdom

iPhone X. Continuously disconnects, which makes Mimi useless. Highly annoying.
2018-12-18
Use props
Mike_in_Letcombe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 421821 ft
United Kingdom

Satureyes Posted at 12-16 05:51
Same problem here. Worked perfectly at first. Now the disconnects.

Found a solution.

Heh! Well done whoever found this. Mine now working (most of the tine). And I have a case on my iPhone X.
2018-12-18
Use props
MalM61
lvl.2
Flight distance : 409557 ft
Australia

Received my Osmo Pocket yesterday and I am having the same disconnect issue with the Mimo App when the Osmo Pocket is connected to my iPhone X.  The previously mentioned work around (swicthing to Aeroplane Mode on iPhone) has temporarily solved the issue so it's not a hardware issue.  Let's hope the DJI Brains Trust can come up with a resolution to this issue soon.  Apart from this issue I'm loving this new product DJI. My only other gripe is that Osmo Shield is not available in Australia.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans5fcfc424
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-17 09:09
Thank you for the additional information you have given us today. Rest assured I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product and to check the recommended mobile device list as well. Thank you for your support.
Hi Stephen! I’m the person who found the airplane mode work around. I’ve got further information to pass on. I was out of the city limits and my phone only had 3G connectivity and no 4G. The Mimo app worked correctly. As soon as my phone picked up 4G the disconnections began again. Hope this helps narrow down the possible culprit for this issue! For reference I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans5fcfc424 Posted at 12-19 05:54
Hi Stephen! I’m the person who found the airplane mode work around. I’ve got further information to pass on. I was out of the city limits and my phone only had 3G connectivity and no 4G. The Mimo app worked correctly. As soon as my phone picked up 4G the disconnections began again. Hope this helps narrow down the possible culprit for this issue! For reference I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus.

Thank you for the information you have given us. Please Pm me the details for me to forward this information to our DJI R&D Team. Thank you for your support and happy holidays.
2018-12-19
Use props
Antony
New
Canada

got my Osmo pocket yesterday and have the exact same problem with the unit keeps disconnecting from my iphone. funny that I met another guy who got his one yesterday too AND had the exact problem.
sent a request to dji support and wait for the response.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_PqOEfuQdWFYX
New
United States

Purchased my Osmo pocket yesterday from Best Buy and i have the same problems my iPhone X disconnecting from the app. Contemplating on returning this item. Tested the airplane mode trick and the Mimo app connection with the iPhone and Oslo was steady. Luckily I came across this thread. This is a major issue coming straight out the box. Consumers can find this very confusing like I did. I was thinking my iPhone lightning port wasn’t working properly.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8eea1404
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112310 ft
Finland

Antony@BSG Posted at 12-19 13:28
got my Osmo pocket yesterday and have the exact same problem with the unit keeps disconnecting from my iphone. funny that I met another guy who got his one yesterday too AND had the exact problem.
sent a request to dji support and wait for the response.

Same issue for me with iPhone X.
Special phenomena: after lost connection the osmo pocket does in most of the cases not reconnect again, unless I turned it off for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I can reconnect but only in case I have not touched the touchscreen prior to the reconnection attempt.
I contacted the support and they meant it could be related with the lightning connector and they will sent a new one - suspicious about that but let's give it a try...
2018-12-20
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Seems my S8 is now doing the same thing, randomly disconnects while filming or just on standby!
Fully connected ok, no case, no other device does this with my phone. Another issue for DJI to figure out I guess.
2018-12-21
Use props
Op Sakiya
lvl.1
United States

Trying to use it for the first time on the slope, snowboarding, the app was totally useless. I have iPhone XR, and am experiencing the exactly same problem.  Mine've never stayed connected more than a second. I can confirm switching to airplane mode did something on my setup and it stay connected.

Firmware: 01.01.00.10
Camera Firmware: 00.00.00..01 01.00.32.95
Gimbal Firmware: 01.00.01.12
2018-12-23
Use props
Op Sakiya
lvl.1
United States

Trying to use it for the first time on the slope, snowboarding, the app was totally useless. I have iPhone XR, and am experiencing the exactly same problem.  Mine've never stayed connected more than a second. I can confirm that switching to airplane mode off definitely did something on my setup and it stays connected. Hope your R&D can figure it out really soon.

Firmware: 01.01.00.10
Camera Firmware: 00.00.00..01 01.00.32.95
Gimbal Firmware: 01.00.01.12

2018-12-23
Use props
Klaus W.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118366 ft
Germany

Might have a solution for now. The phone and Osmo Pocket work seamlessly inside my apartment but when I get outside my WiFi range and switch to 4G mobile network the disconnecting begins. Turned on airplane mode and it hasn’t missed a beat. Thinking this might be a problem with either Mimo or the firmware or both. Anyone else able to confirm my suspicions?

Seems like I’m running out of old iPhones. Have one attached to each of my drones already. Now I need another one dedicated to the Osmo Pocket since running around in airplane mode is not what I bought the XS for!
2018-12-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules