Universal Mount .. Functionality, Price and Options?
736 5 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For the Universal Mount,
Looking at AUD $ 300 for what is essetially a mounting bracket and power passthrough....don't you recon that's a little pricey?

2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the sharing your thoughts here. We could forward your feedback with our team for consideration. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks @DJI Tony, I have some more questions regarding the accessory:

What is the Accessory Part Nr for the included D-tap cable, and replacement price?
Will there be an accessory cable that can power the Universal Mount from the original handle grip battery?
Will there be an accessory cable to use my existing Mavic Pro Batteries?
2018-12-13
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

AVsupport Posted at 12-13 14:55
Thanks @DJI Tony, I have some more questions regarding the accessory:

What is the Accessory Part Nr for the included D-tap cable, and replacement price?

1) replacement price - my guess 79$
2+3) i think they want you to use the ronin 2 battery cradle with inspire 2 batteries so they probably won´t make an adapter or adapter cable to get power from some other source  ... my two cents ....

but you still could try to make your own cables but maybe not if those mavic batteries are "intelligent" ... read this post why I gave up on something similar https://forum.dji.com/thread-173980-1-1.html
let us know if you gonna build something !!!
2018-12-13
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

interesting thread @Flo the Pirate,
I did notice that the supplied cable was to use with Ronin2..( I looked up the product manual and searched in the DJI store for 'P-Tap Power Cable') which gave me the only product
https://store.dji.com/product/ro ... lete&position=0
Which is IMO a little strange as you would think that you would make a product being compatible with itself (that being its battery grip) first before you do anything else..

they way I look at this at the moment, with price and accessories available, I'm not yet sold.
2018-12-13
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Trying to get to a meaningful solution so that the RoninS can get mounted on a gimbal arm quick release.
Ideally at a high center of gravity and in-line with the gimbal to stop unwanted Roll error movement as they do occur when the gimbal is mounted on the bottom with battery grip attached.
Work in progress until I see the Universal Mount options developing..

current SmallRig solution

current SmallRig solution
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules