Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem of fly safe in indoor
974 16 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneTalos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45079 ft
  • >>>
France

Problem of fly safe in indoor while the zone is to unlock impossible to take off

how to avoid blocking?

Thank you
2018-12-13
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Mine work if I hold it in my hand, indoors, and run around with it.  I would not fly indoors, unless you have excellent gps reception, which almost never happens.
2018-12-13
Use props
DroneTalos
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

It is not normal for the drone to be locked in indoor, because there is no gps signal
2018-12-13
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

DroneTalos Posted at 12-13 02:47
It is not normal for the drone to be locked in indoor, because there is no gps signal

I would not know your specific set of signals, but my drones would also not take off indoors, as they could not log onto enough satellites to be able to fly, and fly safely.
Maybe remove the roof of the indoor area, to improve satelite reception.....
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DroneTalos. Thank you for the inquiry. The drone has GPS module, once the drone itself detects it is in the No Fly Zone, it will lock itself automatically. We do not  recommend using the DJI Mavic Pro Indoors due to its size and specifications. We suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Please take good care of your drone for personal safety and enjoy flying. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

it is not advisable to fly a mavic indoors
2018-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Charissa Posted at 12-13 03:06
I would not know your specific set of signals, but my drones would also not take off indoors, as they could not log onto enough satellites to be able to fly, and fly safely.
Maybe remove the roof of the indoor area, to improve satelite reception.....

Your Mavic should be capable of flying indoors if needs be, if no Satellites then it will use 'OPTI' mode if there is enough light, not enough light it will switch to ATTI mode (best avoided). In OPTI mode the VPS will then stabilise the position of the aircraft, but that can be dependant on the contrast of what it sees below it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id=66041&pid=647519

2018-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you saying your house is in a No Fly Zone ?
2018-12-13
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 12-13 02:41
Mine work if I hold it in my hand, indoors, and run around with it.  I would not fly indoors, unless you have excellent gps reception, which almost never happens.

I fly indoors a lot including inside a metal building (church rec center) with zero gps signal. As long as you have everything set up correctly for indoors - prop guards on, obstacle avoidance off, loss of signal hover and RTH altitude less than the ceiling height,, you should be good. Just take it slow and easy.
2018-12-13
Use props
DroneTalos
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Aardvark Posted at 12-13 17:03
Are you saying your house is in a No Fly Zone ?

The mission was in a fly safe as I did not have satelite even in ATTI or OPTI I could not take off
2018-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There’s no real problem flying indoors your craft is equipped with all that’s necessary to complete flight indoors, if you start in gps mode and gps drops, your craft will auto enter opti mode stable flight will be helped by vision sensors, there are certain conditions you will need , ie good light good textured surface etc.
I suppose you should ask yourself why you are flying indoors, is it just for fun work, if fun just remember it can be more difficult than flying outdoors so your risk of damaging your craft goes up a little, if it’s for work , can you do what needs to be done with a gimbal, less risk and much better controlled results.
2018-12-14
Use props
fanscb9bbe9b
New

United States

Yes, I have the exact same issue.
My spark will not takeoff in my house.  I get numerous satellites and then the upper left on the app in red appears the sad word something like  “cannot takeoff“.  I follow the ! and the message is that the unit is in a No Fly Zone.  At the time my drone is in my house which is just about 1/8 mile inside the end of a no fly 5 mile airport zone.  
Very disappointed since I want to take a lap around my enormous house in Tripod mode and wear out a few batteries.
There should be no restriction on flying indoors.  But obviously a good GPS signal will ground the drone and not allow any flying.   
I have sent this question to our DJI support people and am waiting on a response from these amazing people.
2019-1-19
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

They should have a mode like beginner mode for flying inside. Even if it limits height and speed and says in ATTI with out switching back and forth
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 2018-12-13 02:41

I used to fly indoors a lot, inside a big metal building with zero gps signal (ATTI Mode). As long as you have prop guards on, make RTH action hover and make max altitude whatever the lowest part of the ceiling is, it works great.
My church has a large metal building that used to be a recreation center. We out grew the sanctuary, so the recreation center was converted into a sanctuary. Great for the church, bummer for me.
2019-1-27
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-27 07:06
They should have a mode like beginner mode for flying inside. Even if it limits height and speed and says in ATTI with out switching back and forth

Going in and out of gps makes it a little wonky, nothing that you can't handle as long as you're aware it's going to happen. There may be a way to change the sport mode switch to an ATTI mode switch, of course the admins will tell you that DJI frowns on making any changes like that so I would never do it myself.
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 1-27 07:37
Going in and out of gps makes it a little wonky, nothing that you can't handle as long as you're aware it's going to happen. There may be a way to change the sport mode switch to an ATTI mode switch, of course the admins will tell you that DJI frowns on making any changes like that so I would never do it myself.

Ahhhhh. haaa
2019-1-27
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 1-27 07:37
Going in and out of gps makes it a little wonky, nothing that you can't handle as long as you're aware it's going to happen. There may be a way to change the sport mode switch to an ATTI mode switch, of course the admins will tell you that DJI frowns on making any changes like that so I would never do it myself.

Ahhhhh. haaa
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules