Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Error
12Next >
9126 49 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
depicus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18281 ft
United Kingdom

So Admins how do we fix the Activation Error or have I just purchased a £329 paperweight ?

IMG_7212.png
2018-12-13
Use props
tif1607
lvl.1
Australia

same here, freakn pocket brick and was expecting to travel with it and going back to my old gopro instead.....
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Same problem. Very disappointed.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi depicus, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do apologize for the issues you had when activating the Osmo Pocket. I'd like to confirm that you downloaded the Mimo app into a compatible device? Below is the list of fully compatible phones for your reference.

You may also try to disconnect first some wifi connected devices to your home wifi before activating. Don't hesitate to reach us again if you have some concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 04:08
Hi depicus, thank you for bringing this query to us. We do apologize for the issues you had when activating the Osmo Pocket. I'd like to confirm that you downloaded the Mimo app into a compatible device? Below is the list of fully compatible phones for your reference.

[view_image]

Yes an iPhone X and and iPhone 6s both did not work.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

tif1607 Posted at 12-13 03:53
same here, freakn pocket brick and was expecting to travel with it and going back to my old gopro instead.....

We are sorry for the difficulties, tif1607. Please kindly try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with the screenshot of the error message and your Osmo Pocket's serial number for further confirmation. The serial can be found in the box, or you can scan the QR code on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Look forward to your reply.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj Posted at 12-13 03:55
Same problem. Very disappointed.

Hi there, please kindly refer to the reply on 6#, we are sorry about the inconvenience again.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

depicus Posted at 12-13 04:09
Yes an iPhone X and and iPhone 6s both did not work.

Sorry for your troubles. If you had tried restarting the unit and reactivating by a different network, you may need to send it in. Please kindly provide us with the serial number of your unit and send it in, you can contact our support to start a case http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your cooperation.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_Yug7KHRrdApj
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Thor Posted at 12-13 04:51
We are sorry for the difficulties, tif1607. Please kindly try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again. If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with the screenshot of the error message and your Osmo Pocket's serial number for further confirmation. The serial can be found in the box, or you can scan the QR code on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Look forward to your reply.

How to provide you my SN?
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 12-13 04:55
Sorry for your troubles. If you had tried restarting the unit and reactivating by a different network, you may need to send it in. Please kindly provide us with the serial number of your unit and send it in, please contact our support to start a case http://www.dji.com/support.. Thank you for your cooperation.

Serial number is OW7DF9N0122083
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I sincerely hope whatever the issue is with these OP's doesn't mean they all have to be returned! Could be a long wait for a replacement?! Worried when I get mine now that it does the same
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

depicus Posted at 12-13 06:42

DJI Thor is suggesting you RMA it
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-13 07:36
DJI Thor is suggesting you RMA it

Yes spoken to DJI Support who's only solution was to turn it off and on again then say to RMA. I've emailed the RMA centre but still no reply so I'm now RMAing with the shop and they are saying they'll try and get a replacement next week... maybe....
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

depicus Posted at 12-13 07:43
Yes spoken to DJI Support who's only solution was to turn it off and on again then say to RMA. I've emailed the RMA centre but still no reply so I'm now RMAing with the shop and they are saying they'll try and get a replacement next week... maybe....

This is the problem with newly released devices. The shop should just swap it for another one, but to do that they need some more stock.

If I get the same with mine, I'll be taking it around everyone at work trying their phones before I post it back to DJI!
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-13 07:52
This is the problem with newly released devices. The shop should just swap it for another one, but to do that they need some more stock.

If I get the same with mine, I'll be taking it around everyone at work trying their phones before I post it back to DJI!

Yes am taking it in to work tomorrow to do just that
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

To be fair to the sellers Clifton Cameras they've been amazing - arranged for DPD to collect from my work and will do their very best to get me a new one next week on a next day as soon as they get stock. Better than DJI Support who still haven't emailed back yet.
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

depicus Posted at 12-13 08:07
To be fair to the sellers Clifton Cameras they've been amazing - arranged for DPD to collect from my work and will do their very best to get me a new one next week on a next day as soon as they get stock. Better than DJI Support who still haven't emailed back yet.

Yeah they were very quick with me on email about it. And that's my worry if mine is crap, then I'll have to post it back to China! Big mistake getting it direct from DJI me thinks
2018-12-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-13 08:09
Yeah they were very quick with me on email about it. And that's my worry if mine is crap, then I'll have to post it back to China! Big mistake getting it direct from DJI me thinks

I'm in the UK so it would go back to Netherlands and actual turnaround was quoted as 2/3 days plus shipping days
2018-12-13
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

depicus Posted at 12-13 08:10
I'm in the UK so it would go back to Netherlands and actual turnaround was quoted as 2/3 days plus shipping days

So maybe not too bad then, but probably not quite as quick as UK retailers.
2018-12-13
Use props
divodee01
New

United States

Having the same issue as well... received the “activation data error” message when trying to activate. Talked to support and gave them all my info and was told I have to wait up to 48 hrs for a reply on what to do next. Really frustrating.
2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_1FJ1ZBWB8WyA
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here!!!
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi, the serial is printed on the box, which begins with 0 (zero). You may also scan the QR code to get the serial number. Please also provide the screenshot of the error message. Thank you very much.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

depicus Posted at 12-13 06:42

Thank you very much for your info. As you had sent the email to the proper team, they will reply you accordingly asap.
Besides, the dealer will help you with the replacement, right? Hope you'll get it soon. If there is anything else we can help, please kindly let us know, we'd do our best to help. Feel sorry again for the inconvenience that had caused.
2018-12-13
Use props
StardustGeass
lvl.4
Indonesia

Sorry for asking this, but what is the importance of hardware activation like this?
I mean, it just create problem that shouldn't be there if there was no activation method like this.

Why not just create a device that works on its own, and then having a feature to connect it to phone for "plus", instead making a brick if you can't connect to your phone beforehand?
That just fix a whole lot of issues.

Not to mention, there are lots of flagships omitted from the compatibility list.

Seeing all the ruckus, now I don't feel bad for not having a preorder.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

divodee01 Posted at 12-13 08:52
Having the same issue as well... received the “activation data error” message when trying to activate. Talked to support and gave them all my info and was told I have to wait up to 48 hrs for a reply on what to do next. Really frustrating.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, divodee01, we understand that must be frustrated for you. May we know how did you contact the support?
Please kindly help to confirm the suggest on 6#, try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again.
If you had tried so and the issue persists, if it is convenient, please kindly provide us with the serial number, we'd like to double check as well.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

We regret the inconvenience that you'd experienced. For this case, please try to restart the Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo App, make sure the internet connection is working properly and then re-activate again.
If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with the screenshot of the error message and your Osmo Pocket's serial number for further confirmation.
The serial can be found in the box, or you can scan the QR code on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket. Look forward to your reply.
2018-12-13
Use props
Greenvermin
New
New Zealand

Man, I was so excited about this device. Just bought it a few hours ago and tried to activate it using my samsung s8. The app doesn't even recognise the device so no way to complete activation! Not sure what to do now other than return it and get a Go Pro! Sounds like my issue is slightly different to yours as I dont get the activiation prompt on the app.
2018-12-13
Use props
CKSham
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1355784 ft
Hong Kong

Same in Hong Kong , yesterday get the pocket tried plenty times, difference Iphone , Heawei Mi Max , all fail................................................................
2018-12-13
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

Are you guys sure it's not just the DJI servers being hammered with activation requests from all over the world that's causing it? As in keep trying until you get lucky, or wait a little while for the storm to settle..(?)
2018-12-13
Use props
CKSham
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Chris1a Posted at 12-13 20:28
Are you guys sure it's not just the DJI servers being hammered with activation requests from all over the world that's causing it? As in keep trying until you get lucky, or wait a little while for the storm to settle..(?)

I have the same thinking, but I already send my s/n with error message through e-mail to DJI, waiting the reply
2018-12-13
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI HAS TO BE THE MOST  STUPID  GIVE US YOUR MONEY COMPANY AND  NOT KEEP UP WITH PRODUCT QUALITY CONTROL OR  PRE  T H I K I N G SHIPPING SOLUTIONS ALONG WITH TAKING CARE OF LOYAL CUSTOMERS! MY SHIPMENT WAS DELAYED  AS I WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO ORDER WITHIN 30 MIN OF ANNOUNCEMENT! NOW CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IF IT BRICKS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE..........  
2018-12-13
Use props
CKSham
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Directly go to DJI flatship shop to change the new one ,they said some of them not update the new software in fact
2018-12-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I did wonder if the ones coming direct from DJI have a newer firmware than the ones from retailers. This would make sense. However this is really not good for those who can’t activate as you can only update the firmware if you can activate!!!! And now they have to ship them back and wait for DJI to ship newer ones out!
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo
New

United States

Drove three hours to pick one up today and it won't even activate. Many people are having the same problems read about it online better find a fix fast people are talking. Seems that they've rushed them out for Christmas and many people are having problems. Why would you require a mobile phone to activate anyway? Should work right out of the box. I took it back and got a go pro 7. Plus it doesn't work with any new Android phone smh
2018-12-15
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

djiuser_NASDUkq5d1lo Posted at 12-15 03:18
Drove three hours to pick one up today and it won't even activate. Many people are having the same problems read about it online better find a fix fast people are talking. Seems that they've rushed them out for Christmas and many people are having problems. Why would you require a mobile phone to activate anyway? Should work right out of the box. I took it back and got a go pro 7. Plus it doesn't work with any new Android phone smh

I was hesitate to get a gopro 7 or osmo pocket, i choose osmo and i am very regret the decision, how can a $349 product can not even activate and no solution for that?   

2018-12-15
Use props
fans90ad2fd1
New

United Kingdom

Can't even log into the app! I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many times. This is not acceptable. I've got an iPhone X so it's not an issue of compatibility. That's the error message I keep getting. Can you please address this?!
2018-12-15
Use props
fans6e682035
New

United Kingdom

I was having trouble activating my OSMO pocket on my iPhone 6 plus, couldn't log in to my DJI account on the Mimo App, found a friend with an Android phone and managed to log in on his phone, then someone on Facebook suggested I should turn off my phone wifi and use mobile data and WOW it worked, I was able to log in to the App and activate my pocket.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_KJalm5Fz4R3B
New

United States

SN is 0W7DF8G0220096
Using iPhone 8 Plus
Getting the activation data error message repeatedly. Tried multiple wifi networks, LTE and VPN without success.
2018-12-17
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Got mine today. Same issue but just once. I have the iPhone X. After disconecting the OP and connecting again it finished updating.
I also had an error message when trying to calibrate, later it worked. So everthing fine now.

Best regards, Alexander
2018-12-17
Use props
fans43a14bd6
New

United States

I just got mine today straight from DJI - I am having the same issue. Is there any new information for fixing this or do I just need to turn around and RMA it?
2019-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules