mavic air need zoom
2516 19 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saltundal67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115630 ft
Turkey

When mavic air is flying, I just need to zoom in on the screen. mavic air must be digital zoom.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will help you to forward your suggestion with our team to see if this could be possibly available in the future. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I doubt that DJI will add zoom to the mavic air, they have the mavic 2 zoom for that.
I also like that we get at least x2 digital zoom on the mavic pro1, but it had it from the start.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-13
Use props
saltundal67
lvl.1
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-13 18:48
Mavic Air already has a zoom feature:

Right stick forward = zoom in.

Dirty Bird

are you sure. You're releasing a movie to prove it.
2018-12-13
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

That has always worked well for me.
2018-12-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's funny
2018-12-13
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

saltundal67 Posted at 12-13 21:31
Dirty Bird

are you sure. You're releasing a movie to prove it.

I think you didn't get the joke...
2018-12-14
Use props
saltundal67
lvl.1
Turkey

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-14 01:13
The Right Stick Zoom Control in action.

Zoomed in from 2 miles to 100'.  It's incredible!

This record has made P3. do you have mavic air?
2018-12-14
Use props
Grumpy D
First Officer
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

Okay I’ll take it.

I understand English is not your native language. I’ll try to explain.
The purpose of a zoom lens/function on a camera is to get closer to the subject being photographed. If you were standing on the beach and wanted to photograph the ship it would be very small. You can’t walk on water so you could use a zoom lens and it would allow you to magnify the ship like a telescope and bring it closer. If it was not water you could simply walk towards the ship and be closer and it would be larger in your photograph. With your drone you don’t need to walk on water just simply fly closer to the ship. The results are the same as zooming in. The results are the same with a Phantom or a Mavic Air. Zoom closer or move closer.
2018-12-14
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

I agree
2018-12-15
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never use digital zoom on any devices I have that support it. The reason is that digital zoom is the same as cropping. I shoot at 4K knowing that I'm usually going to convert to 1080p so I can "zoom in" later in post production. You have much better control of framing the shot in post production. If you use digital zoom you lower the resolution the same as if you cropped later, but you only get one chance to get it right.
2018-12-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Tom_A Posted at 12-15 15:33
I never use digital zoom on any devices I have that support it. The reason is that digital zoom is the same as cropping. I shoot at 4K knowing that I'm usually going to convert to 1080p so I can "zoom in" later in post production. You have much better control of framing the shot in post production. If you use digital zoom you lower the resolution the same as if you cropped later, but you only get one chance to get it right.

Actually I use the digital zoom quiete often on my Mavic Pro.
It’s a feature that I like, and I don’t do much post processing.
I never do any zooming in post processing. I use the DJI provided software for clip editing
Well that is until I get my laptop repaired then I’ll try out something like adobe premier.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would like zoom feature (at 4K with smooth zooming function like 4X to 1080P (downsampling/resampling) doing it with 4K in live view would look less lossy ) because then i can use my mavic air for more things without risking my drone getting tangles up trying to get closer to something.. not that long ago i was flying my mavic air and trying to use it to inspect my cabin at the top of my farm  and im forced to lower my drone right overtop the trees because need to get that close to see if need to repair the roof.  this is a problem for multiple reasons.. 1. can get tangled in the tree tops and 100+ foot fall for the drone if it gets snagged.  2. there are big birds nesting around that area and i dont wanna disrupt them diving down to tree top level i rather be able to sit at a stand off distance and zoom in. and 3 just far more convenient to be able to zoom in.

speaking with my tech friends about this and they said that it is very very easy to downsample 4K  to 1080P using simple cropping and chopping method , it is a bit more lossy but it is possible and require far less processing power and bandwidth.  
2018-12-15
Use props
saltundal67
lvl.1
Turkey

I understand what you say. It's not a joke. I need my digital zoom. If you need to explain the high trees in the forest when you want to look down, you'll break down the drone. I look at digital zoom.
2018-12-16
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

saltundal67 Posted at 12-16 21:17
I understand what you say. It's not a joke. I need my digital zoom. If you need to explain the high trees in the forest when you want to look down, you'll break down the drone. I look at digital zoom.

Get a mavic pro or the mavic 2 zoom if you want zoom in real time.
I think that phantom 4 also has digital x2 zoom if I’m not mistaken.
I seriously doubt that DJI will add any type of zoom to the mavic air.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-17
Use props
saltundal67
lvl.1
Turkey

mavic pro have digital zoom. the same program is being used. There is no reason to not have mavic air.
2018-12-17
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

saltundal67 Posted at 12-17 04:17
mavic pro have digital zoom. the same program is being used. There is no reason to not have mavic air.

I think that maybe it’s because of marketing.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-17
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

No.  It doesn't.
2018-12-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

no what doesnt?
2018-12-17
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Vanuatu

Yeh, cause digital zoom is awesome... Not. Fly closer to your subject.
2018-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules