Landing pad?
2279 16 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naamah751
lvl.1

Italy

I'm a newbie for DJI (before I had a Parrot AR Drone 2 and a Parrot Bebop 2) ... and now I'm entering into DJI world.
I've seen the pad as one of hundreds accessories, and I can't guess the utility of this object.
So ... what is it for?
2018-12-13
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

I take off from grassy areas a lot and it helps me keep debris away from my lens/gimble.  My M2Z is a pretty low rider...
2018-12-13
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

If you take off of a dusty ground, or where the gras is high, etc. Many purposes. Also it's good for precision landing because of the high contrast to the surrounding area. I use mine almost everytime when I fly.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day naamah751. Thank you for the inquiry. The Landing Pad prevents the blowing of dust by the propeller to dirty the Drone when landing or taking off.It is applicable to special terrain outdoors, It also prevents outside interference or damage during the self-checking of the cloud deck or landing. For reference i will be posting a link for the  PGYTECH Drone Landing Pad. Thank you for your support.
https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... ion=0&vid=22741
2018-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have one.
Never use it actually.
2018-12-13
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

...and during winter it allows you to take off from fluffy snow.
Landing pad is a must-have accessory.
2018-12-13
Use props
naamah751
lvl.1

Italy

BumblerBee Posted at 12-13 07:28
...and during winter it allows you to take off from fluffy snow.
Landing pad is a must-have accessory.

Ok... thanks for your replies, now I understand the use of the landing pad. the Parrot drones are pretty much higher, so I never considered the problems of landing/lift-off.
2018-12-13
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a cheap Walmart door mat as a landing pad. All of those orange disks with the H on them seem to be too light and unless you stake them down, blow away easily. The door mat is heavy enough not to need to be staked.
2018-12-13
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Actually I think it’s a gimmick the landing pad.
It’s just because in my case I always hand catch and hand launch my spark and my mavic pro, so there’s no need for the pad for me

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't use them. Typically I launch from either a sidewalk, parking lot, or on the top of a wall.
If I was in a very dusty area, I would hand launch / land.
2018-12-13
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Here is a landing pad that I made from an old real estate sign (corroflute). It's hinged with gaffa tape and spraypainted with rattle cans.

Pinned down with bamboo skewers through brass eyelets (non magnetic) as it can be blown around otherwise.

Amazing how when I test RTH my sweet little Mavic Pro checks out the pad at take-off and then on return actually rotates before descending to align perfectly and land precisely on the arrow.

It's a great party trick for the doubters and it does keep crap away from the motors

2018-12-13
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

There is little excuse to not have one, especially if you live in or fly from a sandy  dusty area... beaches, high summer etc.

These things are cheap and light.

Tip, get one which comes with little sand bags and not just the stakes. That way you can attach and fill them if flying from sand or hard grounds.
2019-1-16
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

I have one, but never used it so far
2019-1-17
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have one and use it all the time!

Not only does it keep grass, dust & debris etc. away from the aircraft it also provides a high contrast target to aid precision landing.

I get a warm glow when my Mavic 2 Pro does an RTH on the ‘H’ of the landing pad from hundreds of feet away...

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-3
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have one. works great

2019-2-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do own one, but never use it.  If I cant find a clean place to launch I hand launch and hand catch.
2019-2-3
Use props
Liam28
lvl.1

Australia

In short, it provides additional protection from dust and dirt. Also, increases control accuracy.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules