Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Poll Closed-SUMMARY ADDED* Camera Presets for Osmo Pocket
4611 30 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[Voters:  85 as of January 28th]  Note to participants.  I sent a PM to our Forum Admin with a link to this Poll.  Anything you can do to promote this idea and keep it "out front" just might help get it implemented.  Thanks to everyone for participating.

HERE'S A SUMMARY OF IDEAS COLLECTED FROM PARTICIPANTS' REPLIES.  (with some edits and additons)
Summary of Camera Pre-Set ideas posted on the “Presets for Osmo” Poll

-Something that will not cause a Pro setting to be lost when phone is removed
-Customizable profiles
-Ability to add presets that would become personal default settings
***Presets would allow Pro Features without “staying connected”
***Create and Name Presets in Mimo and allow us to select 4-6 that would be moved and maintained in the Pocket until replaced (with new selections ) or deleted from Pocket (not deleted from Mimo unless we choose to do so)
***If PreSets List could be created and maintained in Mimo they wouldn’t be “lost” when there’s a Firmware update.  Similarly, when Mimo updates, they’d need to be protected.
***Should be accessible to the Pocket when attached to the Wireless Base.  I.e., you don’t need to have a physical connection to the phone to ‘transfer’ them to the Pocket.
***Presets must be able to represent multiple setting choices.  For example:  White Balance Custom Setting PLUS 4k 25 @ 50 FPS PLUS AFC
***Must be able to assign a name that identifies what’s grouped together. Ex:        
        ND16-WB3500-4k 25/50
        ND32-WBAuto-1080 30/60
***Presets should be available for both Video and Photo options and any limits ( ie., how many different presets could be stored on Pocket) would apply individually.  

I've gotten used to using the Pre-set feature that is on the FilMic Pro App for the original Osmo/Zenmuse1,Mobile.

It would be nice to have something in Mimo that would allow us to create a few pre-sets via the App that would then be available on the Pocket under Settings as a "swipe" or "tap."  I wouldn't have to keep my phone attached while video-ing just to change a combination of settings, for example.  And if you're using ND Filters this would be a HUGE benefit as changing manual settings (to accomodate lighting changes) now causes you to "Loose" the Pro settings.

If you decide to reply (as well as vote), add your thoughts about how you think it should work and what settings could be included.
Are you with us??

Single SelectVote, Total 86 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-12-13
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This suggestion possibly just proves how ignorant I am, but one "preset" I'd appreciate is the option when initially setting it up to choose that henceforth (until changed) the Pocket will be "Video only".  

At the moment to set the camera up in video pro mode one has to use a phone.  If you hit the function button to initiate still mode  unintended you are offered the option to take your still but that would mean sacrificing pro mode setting, which would mean that to reset it it to pro mode again needing to connect the phone again.  I'd like to be able to set it up to my preferences in pro mode and for that to be a semi-permanent set of settings and know that as I do not intend to use it for still that I cannot inadvertently drop out of pro mode.  I suspect as a non-expert that if that option were there, I wonder whether the elements of video pro mode and still image mode finds incompatible might be removed and so pro mode might then be  selectable in the small screen.

Just an observation.
2018-12-13
Use props
StardustGeass
Second Officer
Indonesia

You meant like creating a profile?
That would be awesome to be honest
2018-12-13
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jeffuk Posted at 12-13 17:16
This suggestion possibly just proves how ignorant I am, but one "preset" I'd appreciate is the option when initially setting it up to choose that henceforth (until changed) the Pocket will be "Video only".  

At the moment to set the camera up in video pro mode one has to use a phone.  If you hit the function button to initiate still mode  unintended you are offered the option to take your still but that would mean sacrificing pro mode setting, which would mean that to reset it it to pro mode again needing to connect the phone again.  I'd like to be able to set it up to my preferences in pro mode and for that to be a semi-permanent set of settings and know that as I do not intend to use it for still that I cannot inadvertently drop out of pro mode.  I suspect as a non-expert that if that option were there, I wonder whether the elements of video pro mode and still image mode finds incompatible might be removed and so pro mode might then be  selectable in the small screen.

Spot on.  I started out with just the idea that I could select settings that would include custom white balance, frame rate, and resolution.  E.g., 4400k, 60fps, 1080p, and call it pre-set-1... preset-2 could be 5200k, 30fps, 4k., etc.  
Being able to have 3-6 settings that I could assign a name to ( preset-1 "cloudy HD 60" ) and have it under settings on the device would free me from having to have the phone connected or fumbling through the swipe/swipe/swipe/swipe hunting for a 'favorite'
Should be available for both video and stills.
2018-12-13
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

StardustGeass Posted at 12-13 19:15
You meant like creating a profile?
That would be awesome to be honest

Yep.  See my longer reply in #4.
Also, if you want to see how FilMic Pro implements presets, head over to their website and look for their videos.  I use them on both my Osmo and Zenmuse M1.
{edit: Please vote ;-) }
2018-12-13
Use props
StardustGeass
Second Officer
Germany

Voted!!
Seeing even gaming keyboard and mouse can have their own customizable profile, I can see that it will be much more useful here
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Thanks for suggestions.

R&D  are informed.
2018-12-14
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-14 09:23
Thanks for suggestions.

R&D  are informed.

Did you vote?  ;-)
2018-12-14
Use props
hashiko
lvl.3
United States

+1

Presets would be a very welcome additions
2018-12-14
Use props
fanse53a80ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1520935 ft
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-14 09:23
Thanks for suggestions.

R&D  are informed.

I too would like to see this feature added, it makes no sense to have to use my phone to get the settings that I want defaulted.
2018-12-15
Use props
PG73
Second Officer
United Kingdom

+1 for Presets - which are a must, especially as all options aren't available on the OP alone - plus they're a real time saver!
2018-12-16
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 12-16 06:08
+1 for Presets - which are a must, especially as all options aren't available on the OP alone - plus they're a real time saver!

Thanks.... please be sure to vote in the poll... that's the numbers they'll see.  :-)
2018-12-16
Use props
PG73
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 12-16 06:14
Thanks.... please be sure to vote in the poll... that's the numbers they'll see.  :-)

Yes, I have voted already. I hope more people vote, it seems to me a feature that should have been on the device from day one - especially when not all settings are available without a phone for selection.
2018-12-16
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 12-16 06:18
Yes, I have voted already. I hope more people vote, it seems to me a feature that should have been on the device from day one - especially when not all settings are available without a phone for selection.

Thanks, again.  After browsing around the forum there are sufficient complaints about having to 'stay connected' to phones, or 'no Pro features without connect.'  This would seem to resolve those and a few other matters.  As we know in Wisconsin (USA) .... a few votes can turn an election....or not. ;-)
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Presets are always useful particularly with camera settings, I think something like 4 presses of home button and a menu of 4/6 presets shouldn’t be to difficult.
Only problem I see is when dji introduces new FW settings get dumped, but yes a great idea thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 12-16 11:50
Presets are always useful particularly with camera settings, I think something like 4 presses of home button and a menu of 4/6 presets shouldn’t be to difficult.
Only problem I see is when dji introduces new FW settings get dumped, but yes a great idea thank you.

If the presets were set in the app its only needed to sync them again to the Osmo Pocket
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 01:14
If the presets were set in the app its only needed to sync them again to the Osmo Pocket

I would also envision that the "sync" could occur wirelessly when the Pocket is placed in it's (pending) base.  The base should provide that wifi/bluetooth connectivity making that possible.
2018-12-23
Use props
Webcruise
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

This is a great idea, especially having several presets e.g. 4-6 presets which can be renamed individually (1. ND16, 4k 25/50 etc.).

2018-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Webcruise Posted at 12-23 05:59
This is a great idea, especially having several presets e.g. 4-6 presets which can be renamed individually (1. ND16, 4k 25/50 etc.).

+1 - I agree!  Way more informative than "set-1; set-2" !!
Thanks for the idea.
2018-12-23
Use props
C.Films
lvl.1
Canada

Definitely need presents to switch back to Pro modes if we can’t make the changes without a phone.
2018-12-23
Use props
januszrychter
Second Officer
Canada

Very good suggestion, voted YES!
2018-12-25
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

januszrychter Posted at 12-25 01:44
Very good suggestion, voted YES!

Yes !! Slowly increasing the numbers of replies as ownership and familiarity with the need increases.  Thanks.
2018-12-25
Use props
BBorez
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Voted, make absolute sense. Especially for quickly accessing the pro modes without having the phones attached.

I mean, I film in 24fps, so the camera defaulting to 30fps is useless to me.

Personally I'd like to have a few presets I can name myself  for different situations.  4 as a min really.  
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BBorez Posted at 12-28 00:19
Voted, make absolute sense. Especially for quickly accessing the pro modes without having the phones attached.

I mean, I film in 24fps, so the camera defaulting to 30fps is useless to me.

Thanks... (Not sure where I mentioned this, but...)  ... check out the FilMicPro website and view one of their tutorial videos on the Preset Mode.  This is sort of what I have in mind, which includes the ability to name the preset (in Mimo) and maybe an abbreviation that would show up on the Pocket screen.  Something smallish.
2018-12-28
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.3
Flight distance : 518373 ft
  • >>>
United States

I posted the idea of "presets on several youtube video reviews of the Oslo pocket including on Gerald Undone's channel that has 21k subscribers and he himself including many of his followers agreed that this would be the best and easiest way for DJI to solve the issue.  Hope they get it in gear soon or I will be selling mine.
2019-1-6
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansd17af852 Posted at 1-6 07:38
I posted the idea of "presets on several youtube video reviews of the Oslo pocket including on Gerald Undone's channel that has 21k subscribers and he himself including many of his followers agreed that this would be the best and easiest way for DJI to solve the issue.  Hope they get it in gear soon or I will be selling mine.

Thanks.  I also just posted a suggestion to a Sub-Forum over on the MavicPilots forum, asking participants to join this Poll.  If you're not yet a member of THAT forum, here's a link https://mavicpilots.com/forums/osmo-pocket.75/
2019-1-6
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansd17af852 Posted at 1-6 07:38
I posted the idea of "presets on several youtube video reviews of the Oslo pocket including on Gerald Undone's channel that has 21k subscribers and he himself including many of his followers agreed that this would be the best and easiest way for DJI to solve the issue.  Hope they get it in gear soon or I will be selling mine.

Thank you, kind person.... The poll count jumped, so maybe that helped!!
2019-1-6
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Participants -  Summary of ideas has been added to the Poll.  Please view and comment if necessary.  Thanks everyone for watching and commenting.
2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Emphatic!!!!!
2019-1-27
Use props
DJ FiBa
New

Germany

+1

for free customisable pro-settings IN the OP. And being able to save these as presets IN the OP.
Away from the app, PLEASEEE.
Nice to have for display control, but everything for filming/photos should be available in the OP, call it Pro-Mode or whatever, but light changes and only 6 presets are not enough for all ISO combinations. So a manual selection should also be available IN the Osmo Pocket.

Thx so much for listening DJI !
2019-1-30
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJ FiBa Posted at 1-30 03:55
+1

for free customisable pro-settings IN the OP. And being able to save these as presets IN the OP.

Looks like the updates to firmware and Mimo hit all the hot buttons and promises.  I have no complaints.  Still 'jonesin' for some presets, though.

FWIW, my ideal solution for presets would be like this:  Have the ability to create a table of 20-30 preset permutations of my creation, then being able to select which ones transferred to the Pocket.  Would save clutter on that tiny screen and would allow me to choose any small combination of 4-5-6 for the phone-free shoot.
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules