Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S $549.00
2476 23 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Abraham Reyes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 109951 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Ronin-S now available at $549.00 USD in DJI Offical Store after only 3 months of world wide delivery distribution. I wonder what obeys this change since last time it went from $699.00 to $749.00, a DJI rep told me the increase in price reflected the change in custom fares.

All we wanted was a free Sony Multi-USB cable...
2018-12-13
Use props
fans5d1df448
lvl.1
United States

Sucks I paid $750 for it in the summer..
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Abraham, the price adjustment this time is a temporary promotion, thank you for your understanding, I'm afraid the Multi-USB cable will not be free, please note our online store if there is any other promotion or update, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
Ime
First Officer
Flight distance : 57677 ft
Italy

Worst commercial policy there is
2018-12-14
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.4
Italy

DJI made a lot of mistakes with Ronin-S.

I think in a few time DJI will release a Ronin-S 2 and we will have in our hands something to throw away.....
:-(
2018-12-15
Use props
Ime
First Officer
Italy

Dani Bar Posted at 12-15 02:00
DJI made a lot of mistakes with Ronin-S.

I think in a few time DJI will release a Ronin-S 2 and we will have in our hands something to throw away.....

Unfortunately ...
2018-12-15
Use props
GoldenSun
Captain
Poland

How long will this sale last?
2018-12-15
Use props
DmytroK
Second Officer
Ukraine

GoldenSun Posted at 12-15 13:52
How long will this sale last?

According to some Internet shops - till 31.12.18.
But the quantity is limited..
I've just bought one on this sale. Now I need to buy an additional Mini-MCC cable for my 5d3.
It's a little bit annoying, as Canon 5d3 is still very popular video DSLR. As it is the most advanced Canon DSLR, which can provide video recording in RAW (with Magic Lantern)...
2018-12-16
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Yep this STINKS customers like me paid full RRP, waited ages for issues in the firmware to be fixed and some still are on going, poke up with never ending promises from DJI and then BAM, get shafted by taking a good few hundred pounds off the price. That will teach me never to trust DJIs release pricing and to place pre orders. You live and learn. Very rude.

Just canceled my pending DJI osmo pocket options order as a matter of principle. DJI can keep the Osmo extras.

Edit: I think I am going to send mine back and get a full RRP refund.
2018-12-16
Use props
Ime
First Officer
Italy

arthurbikemad Posted at 12-16 08:39
Yep this STINKS customers like me paid full RRP, waited ages for issues in the firmware to be fixed and some still are on going, poke up with never ending promises from DJI and then BAM, get shafted by taking a good few hundred pounds off the price. That will teach me never to trust DJIs release pricing and to place pre orders. You live and learn. Very rude.

Just canceled my pending DJI osmo pocket options order as a matter of principle. DJI can keep the Osmo extras.

After two days from the purchase of my Ronin s the price has dropped by 200 euros, goodbye DJI will never buy again from you.I agree with you.
2018-12-16
Use props
WakingLife
lvl.3
United States

WOW!! Are you SERIOUS DJI! Discounted already!??
and 15$ shipping for the mcc wire LOL
2018-12-16
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well my dealer has sorted the price for me. That's why you need to buy from a quality outlet, I doubt (or know) that even DJI would have done the same within the 30 days I have had my replacement. Mind you, I was 100% ready to send it back and the other DJI products I have in the last month. I hope DJI understand that this is how you burn your loyal customers and loose them forever. Bad business move cutting prices so soon, and that hurts the dealer network too.
2018-12-17
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

arthurbikemad Posted at 12-17 01:04
Well my dealer has sorted the price for me. That's why you need to buy from a quality outlet, I doubt (or know) that even DJI would have done the same within the 30 days I have had my replacement. Mind you, I was 100% ready to send it back and the other DJI products I have in the last month. I hope DJI understand that this is how you burn your loyal customers and loose them forever. Bad business move cutting prices so soon, and that hurts the dealer network too.

At this price I ordered a Ronin S, the Command Unit, and Focus motor on Dec 17.  However; looks like I am probably giving DJI and intreast free loan as they processed the funds from my .... account but have not shipped.  My guess is they won't ship for quite awhile and they already have my money!
2018-12-21
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gadget Guy Posted at 12-21 05:18
At this price I ordered a Ronin S, the Command Unit, and Focus motor on Dec 17.  However; looks like I am probably giving DJI and intreast free loan as they processed the funds from my .... account but have not shipped.  My guess is they won't ship for quite awhile and they already have my money!

Indeed!

The command unit is a must have imo, DJI, what can you say about them, in one hand they have great products and in the other they distroy them, lacking firmware, bugs in firmware and so on. The guys in support do a great job but it seems to me they can only do so much before the developers start to struggle to keep up, I am sure sone of that tineframe is taken up by manufactures of camera who drag their feet with info required to move things forward but all of that should he fixed before a product ships, then there is the supply issues, like you. If DJI management read any of this my advice would be carful who you burn as the net will retain bad feedback for many years and other manufactures will soon step up in time and take over. Perhaps those guys who started DJI in a hallway have made enough money to no longer care what the small fry customers say online etc. Good luck with yours, all that said, the Ronin S is a good gimbal imo. I love mine.
2018-12-21
Use props
tung256
lvl.1
United States

i got mine from B&H. very nice unit.
i wonder why the price drop though.
2018-12-21
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't get why people are so upset about the price drop - yes, it would be annoying if you ordered it days before the sale, but they were advertising a price drop for weeks beforehand. It's also common practice for DJI to put its products on sale not long after release, and when you buy a DJI product at launch or soon after at list price you should assume that there will be a sale not long after, just as you must assume that you will basically be running beta firmware. I'm not saying whether or not I think this is a good strategy, but at this point it is a well established and predictable strategy.
2018-12-21
Use props
WakingLife
lvl.3
United States

Illuminations Posted at 12-21 14:06
I don't get why people are so upset about the price drop - yes, it would be annoying if you ordered it days before the sale, but they were advertising a price drop for weeks beforehand. It's also common practice for DJI to put its products on sale not long after release, and when you buy a DJI product at launch or soon after at list price you should assume that there will be a sale not long after, just as you must assume that you will basically be running beta firmware. I'm not saying whether or not I think this is a good strategy, but at this point it is a well established and predictable strategy.

this is my first dji product so I had no idea there would be such a HUGE DROP so soon. now i know to avoid them.
2018-12-21
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

WakingLife Posted at 12-21 15:27
this is my first dji product so I had no idea there would be such a HUGE DROP so soon. now i know to avoid them.

Any product from any company will go on sale at some point, and you pay a premium if you don't wait for a sale. It never feels good to buy something and then have it go on sale a few days later, but you can't blame the company - it's just bad luck.
2018-12-21
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Illuminations Posted at 12-21 20:29
Any product from any company will go on sale at some point, and you pay a premium if you don't wait for a sale. It never feels good to buy something and then have it go on sale a few days later, but you can't blame the company - it's just bad luck.
I agree with you to some point.

Canon and many others do just the same, to a degree. However not this early imo, most will be a good while before the price is cut, I know the Ronin S has been around as a press product i.e for review and in the US etc for a little while longer than the UK and the rest of Europe but its still early days.
Saying all that for me its not so much about the money, its DJI and the attitude towards fixing problems, changing the spec sheet and supported device list and so on after people have spent their money, to have ongoing issues like the 5D4 for example where it was crashing the camera at an RRP of near seven hundred pounds you get a little cheesed off, then while some of those problems are ongoing they cut near two hundred pounds off the price. I still have to power up the camera in a certian mode or it will risk crashing it and can not use AF (half press) in video mode, I was lucky and my dealer refunded the difference in price and for...
2018-12-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
United Kingdom

... five hundred pounds I am a little more chilled out over it, it was that or I give it back and buy another like the Crane, to me, with the issues it's not worth well over six hundred quid. Five, yeah, ok...

Plus the upper support, command unit, GPS, mounts and other add on I have added to it :S

Still, you live and learn, or maybe not in my case haha

P.s, I do love the Ronin S, I think its awesome!
2018-12-22
Use props
Ime
First Officer
Italy

Illuminations Posted at 12-21 20:29
Any product from any company will go on sale at some point, and you pay a premium if you don't wait for a sale. It never feels good to buy something and then have it go on sale a few days later, but you can't blame the company - it's just bad luck.

200 euros less are not few, I can think that the initial price was too high or that the product has an imminent end.
2018-12-22
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.3
Austria

Got it for this price, yay
2018-12-22
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yogafilm38 Posted at 12-22 07:15
Got it for this price, yay
And may you have a merry, merry Christmas!
2018-12-22
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ordered Ronin S, command unit and focus motor on Dec 16 at reduced price.  Recieved shipment notification Dec 25 that I will receive by Dec 28.  That's quicker than expected.  
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules