Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying without GPS fix Inspire 2
1191 8 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans75e2d07e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7296391 ft
  • >>>
Peru

Is there any way to fly with low satelites Above the 30m or 50m height restriction (When vision positioning is diabled) on the DJI Inpsire 2 ?
We are flying in areas with low satelites and cannot get a fix and are limited.

Fast reply would be much appreciated.

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Yes, you could still fly the Inspire 2 with the low GPS signal, however, this would be risky since the aircraft can't stabilize while flying it. DJI recommend avoiding flying in areas where GPS signal is weak, or in confined spaces. The aircraft will otherwise be forced to enter A-mode leading to potential flight hazards and if this case may occur, please land it in a safe place as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding and have a safe flight.
2018-12-13
Use props
fans75e2d07e
lvl.4
  • >>>
Peru

Hello Dji Tony,

You haven't understood my question.

I need to fly in a place with low to zero gps signal. I put the Inspire 2 in ATTI mode and I can still only reach 50m with Vision system tuned off. How do I remove this barrier for it to go above 50m????

I have no problem flying in tight spaces or in ATTI mode. I have done this before but seems that in a new update I am not able to go above 50m if I have low gps signal(no registered home point) or no gps singla at all.

Please fix this ASAP. This is ridiculous how you can limit  a semi professional aircraft like the inspire 2 to these limits.

ALEX.
2018-12-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Now, that'll be something new we've never heard or experienced before ...
2018-12-13
Use props
Keule
Captain
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 12-13 21:04
Now, that'll be something new we've never heard or experienced before ...

That has been a problem for us a long time, but this limit is described in the manual.
To my knowledge all DJI aircraft behave as stated below:

2018-12-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Keule Posted at 12-13 22:41
That has been a problem for us a long time, but this limit is described in the manual.

Hmmm, learning everyday something new . Other words, switching to ATTI mode at - say - 100 m height is possible only with minimum satellite count?
2018-12-14
Use props
AMKVO
lvl.4
  • >>>
Peru

Keule Posted at 12-13 22:41

Yes I know, but I want to find a way to work around that. Its ridiculous that there is a height limit if flying in ATTI mode. I should be able to fly wherever I want, now I have to go to one of our large drones that is non dji and doesn't have a stupid height limit.  
2018-12-14
Use props
Mike9129
First Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I guess a workaround would be take off at a higher elevation so the 50m limit is measured from there.

I wasn't even aware that such a restriction in atti mode was a thing!
2018-12-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Mike9129 Posted at 12-15 02:43
I guess a workaround would be take off at a higher elevation so the 50m limit is measured from there.

I wasn't even aware that such a restriction in atti mode was a thing!

It's only "a thing" when there's not enough satellites to establish good GPS lock. It's a safety precaution. They assumed that flying ATTI in this situation is safe only in close proximity. Why they didn't restrict horizontal range as well remains yet another mystery with DJI brand on it ...
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules