Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable Activation Tutorial on Android
1853 19 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregz
lvl.1
United States

For the love of god, please allow me to disable autoplay of this video.  I am going to go nuts if I have to hear it every single time I open the app or disconnect the camera.  

And the app doesn't even cache the video, so it fetches it from the internet every. single. time.

Grr.

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day gregz. I am sorry to know that issue is happening every time you turn your DJI Osmo Pocket. Rest assured I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said issue. In addition may I know the model of the Android device that you are using please? Thank you for your patience and support.
2018-12-13
Use props
gregz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 10:58
Hello and good day gregz. I am sorry to know that issue is happening every time you turn your DJI Osmo Pocket. Rest assured I will forward this thread/concern to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said issue. In addition may I know the model of the Android device that you are using please? Thank you for your patience and support.

It is a Nexus 5X running 8.1.0.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gregz Posted at 12-13 11:09
It is a Nexus 5X running 8.1.0.

Thank you for the quick reply. Are you able to use a different mobile device one that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-13
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Same here on my Samsung S8, not being funny but those supported phones maybe popular elsewhere but they are not here in the UK, may I suggest DJI get some more mainstream phones supported. Said IMO that is.
2018-12-13
Use props
gregz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 11:16
Thank you for the quick reply. Are you able to use a different mobile device one that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

I am not able to use a different phone.

As mentioned, most of those supported phones are also not popular in the US -- especially the Huawei ones...
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gregz Posted at 12-13 11:36
I am not able to use a different phone.

As mentioned, most of those supported phones are also not popular in the US -- especially the Huawei ones...

Thank you for the additional information. I have already forwarded this thread/concern to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Osmo Pocket. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for details. Thank you for your patience and support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Just press pause on the video. It stops it running even if you exit the app and reopen it.
2018-12-13
Use props
Gadget Guy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm using a Samsung note 8 and it does the same thing.  I just hit the camera icon to quickly stop it.  Probably needs a program update if activated don't play activate video and play a video to buy accessories when available. Hehe
2018-12-13
Use props
gregz
lvl.1
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-13 12:05
Just press pause on the video. It stops it running even if you exit the app and reopen it.

This is not true (for me, at least).
2018-12-13
Use props
fans69cc7748
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541988 ft
Italy

Same problem with Galaxy note 9
2018-12-13
Use props
Greenvermin
New
New Zealand

Has any one been able to activate the device with an Samsung S8? I get the annoying instruction video, but no prompt for activation.
2018-12-13
Use props
Larsnewyork
New

Denmark

Using Galaxy S9 Plus. Failed to activate
2018-12-13
Use props
alan bathurst
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Larsnewyork Posted at 12-13 21:01
Using Galaxy S9 Plus. Failed to activate[view_image]

With the risk of upsetting you i have managed it my s9+ in the uk ...  Check the connection between the phone and pocket its a bit intermittent
2018-12-15
Use props
Allan Buchholz
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 10:58

I gotta tell you DJI that you missed the boat on not providing micro usb connector for Samsung phones to the pocket.  I just received my pocket not realizing it required a usb c or lightening connector only.  I have Galaxy 7 with micro usb connector, not compatible, can't activate pocket.  It is going back to vendor.  Huge marketing and design blunder on your part since almost  half the world of smartphones are not usb c or lightening connected.  Also charging connector on base of pocket is another design flaw. The pocket is such a marvel in other regards, not sure who was watching over this, but Christmas bonus should be withheld. A not happy former customer.
2018-12-15
Use props
Bj0rn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same issue with iphone x, driving me nuts as well
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Sorry for the inconvenience

it will be fixed it when app updates
2018-12-15
Use props
Kiwitechnics
lvl.1
New Zealand

Allan Buchholz Posted at 12-15 07:50
I gotta tell you DJI that you missed the boat on not providing micro usb connector for Samsung phones to the pocket.  I just received my pocket not realizing it required a usb c or lightening connector only.  I have Galaxy 7 with micro usb connector, not compatible, can't activate pocket.  It is going back to vendor.  Huge marketing and design blunder on your part since almost  half the world of smartphones are not usb c or lightening connected.  Also charging connector on base of pocket is another design flaw. The pocket is such a marvel in other regards, not sure who was watching over this, but Christmas bonus should be withheld. A not happy former customer.

I had this same problem with a Galaxy S7. I bought a female Type-c to Male MicroUSB and it works well. I too hope that DJI will listen and provide a MicroUSB adapter for the OP as the phone list they have is pretty restrictive. I would also love a way to disable the video on startup. What it needs is a 'do not show this again' tick box so that everyone sees it but isn't annoyed by it.
2018-12-15
Use props
Kiwitechnics
lvl.1
New Zealand

Larsnewyork Posted at 12-13 21:01
Using Galaxy S9 Plus. Failed to activate[view_image]

I got this on my initial attempt and then it worked the second time. I used a Samsung Galaxy S7 with a Type-C to MicroUBS adapter.
2018-12-15
Use props
massimosab64
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-13 11:16
Thank you for the quick reply. Are you able to use a different mobile device one that is listed on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of the recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

with Samsung S9 works perfectly with Osmo Pocket also with Mavic Air
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules