Take off point
656 4 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Hi peps if ive been flyinh sea level then i decide to take of at say 30 meters above sea level and do all the usual checks home point updated etc,when i take of fly around then say go down to 20 meters ie over the mountain if theres an emergency will it rise to the 40m rth from sea level or where it took of from ? Thank you

2018-12-13
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

it will raise to yr set rth level (40m) from where you took off from... keep an eye on your rc signal connection strength - adjust yr rc antennae for best reception when flying below yr home point - watch out for winds that blow along cliffs.
2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gazmg. Thank you for the inquiry. The height of the Drone will be measured from the takeoff point up to the Drones current position. This information will be displayed on your DJI Go / DJI Go 4 application. Thank you.
2018-12-13
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@Gazmg, an easier way to think about this -- when RTH is initiated, your Mavic will ascend from the altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO to the set RTH altitude. If the current altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO is above your set RTH altitude, then your Mavic will return home at its current altitude.
2018-12-13
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 12-13 12:26
@Gazmg, an easier way to think about this -- when RTH is initiated, your Mavic will ascend from the altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO to the set RTH altitude. If the current altitude displayed at the bottom of DJI GO is above your set RTH altitude, then your Mavic will return home at its current altitude.

So basically it would fly into the mountain great...ie rth is set to 40m the edge is 50m above sea level so 10m below me bang good bye.
2018-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules