A heads-up on activating the Osmo Pocket with an iPad mini.
2457 4 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was able to activate the OP with my iPad 4 mini without any problems. Also, the firmware update works flawless AND I was able to keep the OP connected to the iPad in order to shoot pictures and videos.

To make it work,

1. Download the app, (no need to open it, it will open by itself after connected to the OP)

2. make sure you turn on the OP before you connect it to the iPad so it has time to initialize.

3. Follow the activation procedure screen.

4. Before updating the firmware, make sure you have your mini sd card inserted.

5. be carful, watch the gimbal not touching the edges of the iPad. As long as you don't switch to selfie mode you should be fine.

I hope, this helps

Good luck and happy shooting  

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for providing the tips on Osmo Pocket Activation. We're glad that the activation process went well on our end. Please feel free to use our new Osmo Pocket. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-13
Use props
Iman_Oldie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the info. I have an iPad Mini 2 and the app loads and runs fine. I don't want to buy an OP unless I can register it with this iPad. I don't plan on using it with the iPad for photography as most functions can now be carried out on the OP itself and I want portability. Will my iPad Mini 2 work ok?
2019-5-17
Use props
RobertW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41818 ft
  • >>>
United States

Iman_Oldie Posted at 5-17 03:52
Thanks for the info. I have an iPad Mini 2 and the app loads and runs fine. I don't want to buy an OP unless I can register it with this iPad. I don't plan on using it with the iPad for photography as most functions can now be carried out on the OP itself and I want portability. Will my iPad Mini 2 work ok?

Sorry, I don't know about the iPad 2, the iPad 4 works without any issues.
2019-5-18
Use props
Peter von Frosta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 39659 ft
Germany

Hi there,

the iPad Mini 2 works fine. As far as I know the Mini 1 will not work because of the iOS-Version (under 11.0) - no updates from Apple anymore.
2019-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules