Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Finally a date for the rumoured remote with screen
1778 29 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorSK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Was so happy to find this as I've been waiting for the built in screen to materialize.  https://dronedj.com/2018/12/10/dji-mavic-2-remote-controller/

2018-12-13
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Cool!+

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-13
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

2018-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this information. We will forward this information with our team to seek an update if we will release this kind of RC.  I would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates and accurate information. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-13
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any rumors as to how expensive this will be, other than extremely?
2018-12-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 12-13 18:16

Yeah One arm and one leg
2018-12-13
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403875 ft
United States

I guess this will only support the Mavic 2?
2018-12-13
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

mrpenguin Posted at 12-13 19:30
I guess this will only support the Mavic 2?

Yeah, that's what the leaks all say - Mavic 2.  Bet there will also be one for the phantom 5 when it comes out. Probably going to be expensive, so they'll likely make it available for their higher end drones only. DJI would only market an expensive accessory that way. If I was in charge, the controller would work for all the drones, but Frank Wang didn't make his billions by finding ways for customers to make one purchase for all the needs.
2018-12-13
Use props
SimonID
Second Officer
Germany

That would be the remote that the M2E should have come with in the first place. Please let it come true!
2018-12-14
Use props
Luca Rubino
Captain
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I prefer a big screen on top of the controls. Not at the bottom. And 1000cdm isn't so bright as you could expected. An iPhone is 625cdm. And no GPS of course like in Phantom 4 plus versions. And a RC bigger than the drone itself... Not so portable.
2018-12-14
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
United States

TrevorSK Posted at 12-13 23:36
Yeah, that's what the leaks all say - Mavic 2.  Bet there will also be one for the phantom 5 when it comes out. Probably going to be expensive, so they'll likely make it available for their higher end drones only. DJI would only market an expensive accessory that way. If I was in charge, the controller would work for all the drones, but Frank Wang didn't make his billions by finding ways for customers to make one purchase for all the needs.
I’ve been into rc since around 2001, and the way these drones are handled annoys me to no end... No offense to DJI but the remote that comes with the drones is like a toy, my Yuneec Q500 has a remote with everything built in, but truth be told, my DJi flys much better.

I am used to being able to fix my own stuff as well, so when I crashed and screwed up my gimbal I ordered the parts online to fix it myself. Sadly I couldn’t just go to a hobby shop and buy them off the shelf like I would for my 1/8 scale buggy. I can’t just upgrade my radio either sadly. I have to have one radio for Mavic, one for Spark, and one for the Q500. Of course, I always grab the DJI drones first, since the Q500 doesn’t have all the fancy sensors l, it’s drifts quite a bit and needs a larger more open area to fly wel.
2018-12-14
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 12-13 18:51
Yeah One arm and one leg

and 18 months of firmware updates before it works right...
2018-12-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-14 06:32

If at all
2018-12-14
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

any by then the screen will be woefully out of date and those of us using phones or tablets will have upgraded by then

2018-12-14
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

Luca Rubino Posted at 12-14 02:28
I prefer a big screen on top of the controls. Not at the bottom. And 1000cdm isn't so bright as you could expected. An iPhone is 625cdm. And no GPS of course like in Phantom 4 plus versions. And a RC bigger than the drone itself... Not so portable.

If they were going to go brighter than 1000 cd/m^2, they'd start getting into overheat issues and battery issues. When engineering electronics, everything is a trade off. I know sometimes the sun is relentless, so it would be nice to have a 2000 cd/m^2 screen, but it's hard to compete with the sun for brightness. Besides, if they sold you the 2000 nit model this year, what would they sell you next year
2018-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have even seen a picture of it somewhere.
2018-12-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Where is the large screen version, 55.0" ?
2018-12-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-14 06:32

You are so so so, dreaming!
Months and months of customer hardware testing first.  Speaking from experience with Cs-Ub!
2018-12-14
Use props
Viper Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

It's kinda neat but I wouldn't purchase one.  I fly the M2P and use a Samsung S9+ monitor.  It has a 1000nt display and the most important feature is I am able to use 3rd party apps like Litchi.  DJI Go4 is good for its features but I tend to do most of my missions using Litchi.
2018-12-14
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 12-14 10:26
It's kinda neat but I wouldn't purchase one.  I fly the M2P and use a Samsung S9+ monitor.  It has a 1000nt display and the most important feature is I am able to use 3rd party apps like Litchi.  DJI Go4 is good for its features but I tend to do most of my missions using Litchi.

lets not forget about cellular connectivity in the field as well... I wonder if the 'all in one' will work properly with stored maps.. and what does it use to update NFZ or get approval 'in the field'? LAANC etc
2018-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FatherXmas Posted at 12-13 18:16

A guess €499, if it’s more expensive than this I doubt many will buy, if it’s dedicated to M2 then really it has about 2 year lifespan.
Having used 5.5 and 7.8 Crystalsky they are amazing but slow updates have not helped, I love using them and not to have to bother with phone is the best thing about them. We shall see soon.
2018-12-14
Use props
B1houdini
Captain
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Looking forward to actually seeing one.
2018-12-14
Use props
mrpenguin
lvl.2
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 12-14 11:12
lets not forget about cellular connectivity in the field as well... I wonder if the 'all in one' will work properly with stored maps.. and what does it use to update NFZ or get approval 'in the field'? LAANC etc

It is possible that it could pair your phone somehow as well, or it could even have a cell radio inside?
2018-12-14
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

mrpenguin Posted at 12-14 12:17
It is possible that it could pair your phone somehow as well, or it could even have a cell radio inside?

It will have WiFi, and then you set up your phone as a WiFi hot spot.
2018-12-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
Flight distance : 84805085 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the comparison of this remote controller is akin to DJI needs to release some type of all-in-one controller with screen for Mavic Pro just like DJI needs to release some type of all-in-one small compact controller solution for Phantom line, as well. Doesn't surprise me the Mavic is first on DJI's list?...
2018-12-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 12-14 19:35
I think the comparison of this remote controller is akin to DJI needs to release some type of all-in-one controller with screen for Mavic Pro just like DJI needs to release some type of all-in-one small compact controller solution for Phantom line, as well. Doesn't surprise me the Mavic is first on DJI's list?...

Phantom already has an all in one controller and RC, and it’s been there for over two years.
2018-12-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-15 05:24
Phantom already has an all in one controller and RC, and it’s been there for over two years.

Yes, but everyone agrees that the Phantom controller resembles the equivalent to an early stage RC while the drone itself has sophisticated technology that should be similar to the Mavic Pro. The current solution with built in screen doesn't make the Phantom easier to travel with, obviously there can be some improvements. Not to take anything away from the Phantom or DJI, but the Phantom compared to the Mavic series seems like something we would have seen back in the late 1990s?...
2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

davidmartingraf Posted at 12-15 20:58
Yes, but everyone agrees that the Phantom controller resembles the equivalent to an early stage RC while the drone itself has sophisticated technology that should be similar to the Mavic Pro. The current solution with built in screen doesn't make the Phantom easier to travel with, obviously there can be some improvements. Not to take anything away from the Phantom or DJI, but the Phantom compared to the Mavic series seems like something we would have seen back in the late 1990s?...

I think that you will find tech in phantom compared to Mavic is a bit ahead of Mavic Pro, with P4Pro RC you have hdmi out which would not be possible with Mavic Pro RC , there are also many advantages to having built in screen , one certainly is you don’t have to carry an iPad and your phone won’t be clogged up.

As regards design this is of course subjective, for me the best most sleek and contemporary design in the dji fleet is hands down the Mavic Air, it’s a pity the new M2 didn’t follow the same design, the Mavic does resemble a spider crab IMO , where as the phantom is the classic design of consumer drones and this is why we will see P5 with some great new tech and features better camera, and I believe it will show itself to be a true Pro drone.
2018-12-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Captain
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 12-16 11:42
I think that you will find tech in phantom compared to Mavic is a bit ahead of Mavic Pro, with P4Pro RC you have hdmi out which would not be possible with Mavic Pro RC , there are also many advantages to having built in screen , one certainly is you don’t have to carry an iPad and your phone won’t be clogged up.

As regards design this is of course subjective, for me the best most sleek and contemporary design in the dji fleet is hands down the Mavic Air, it’s a pity the new M2 didn’t follow the same design, the Mavic does resemble a spider crab IMO , where as the phantom is the classic design of consumer drones and this is why we will see P5 with some great new tech and features better camera, and I believe it will show itself to be a true Pro drone.

All good points hallmark007. When I was a kid in the 1980s, I was a big fan of RC, got my first consumer-grade RC in 1987 and with a kid's imagination I probably imagined a futuristic drone of what looked today like a DJI drone. Admittedly back then I probably imagined something that looked akin to the Phantom than I could have in my mind visioned something like the Mavic Pro....
2018-12-21
Use props
TrevorSK
First Officer
Canada

This is a very exciting day for me! I'll be ordering one.  
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules