9400 26 2018-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rangerbob 6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I have a couple of questions:  Is the Osmo Pro discontinued?  Why the lack of support for the Osmo Pro? (no firmware update, accessories, etc...). It was a very expensive camera system to be treated like crap from DJI.  Any answers (honest answers) regarding this topic will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

2018-12-13
Use props
Awesome-DOP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I too am concerned after purchasing an osmo pro x5 4 months ago. How can a company just EOL a device that cost close to £2000 without warning.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. As of the moment, we don't have information if there will be upcoming firmware for Osmo. We will forward your feedback to our department for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-19
Use props
droyx5
lvl.1

United States

I've had this camera for 2 years now. and when it works.......... it's amazing..... but from my experience with this company don't hold your breath... they literally couldn't care less about you or the problems you encounter.

I have two osmo x5's i needed to buy a back up since one would get stuck, vibrate and go limp if you panned up... (after 3 months of use) and seeing the horror stories of the customer service encountered by people sending them out for repairs and getting no responses for months! i couldn't afford to be with out a camera for work.

i have the follow focus 1, the crystal sky monitor and 3 different lenses with all the polarizers and ND filters. Every time i use the CS monitor there's a problem... it freezes on the screen when you turn the osmo off to change the battery or is very slow and delayed when selecting options on it...it also freezes trying to look at the footage i just recorded both straight from the camera or inserting the SD card in the monitor.
it never runs smoothly.

Oh how about when the follow focus first came out everyone bought it because it was advertised as compatible with the osmo but then wasn't.... and people had to wait weeks... till dji felt like updating the firmware.
Or even trying to create an account for the forums and having to wait 3 days to finally have it activated so i could post to get some "help" but then be told i don't have the authority to post a thread lol....

I bought the wired adapter for the osmo never worked for the first 6 months... there was an update for the CS monitor which also never can update through the wifi, you have to do it through the SD card method and then the wired adapter worked.

also finally sent out my other osmo to be repaired literally a entire year later because i was mentally prepared to go through the BS dji is about. And oh they didn't disappoint in that realm. Cost me $300 for them to have me wait a month to send me my camera back in worst condition than it previously was. it literally was just limp when you turned it on hahaha like do you guys even do anything!? i feel like you tapped it with a hammer, said it's fixed! and sent it back...so i sent it back waited another month and after 15 mins of messing with it, it started to work again....but then that's when the wired adapter stopped........So i'm here trying to figure out what's the deal i really dislike this company.

2018-12-24
Use props
beezeebee
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-19 13:23
Hi, we do appreciate your feedback. As of the moment, we don't have information if there will be upcoming firmware for Osmo. We will forward your feedback to our department for further help. Thank you for continued support.

So?  Is it discontinued or not?????? PLEASE ANSWER!
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

beezeebee Posted at 12-26 10:23
So?  Is it discontinued or not?????? PLEASE ANSWER!

Hi, thanks for your notification. We're still supporting the Osmo Pro/Raw when in terms of technical concern. If you have a problem with your unit, please feel free to reach us. Thank you for continued.
2018-12-26
Use props
DRoy
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 10:47
Hi, thanks for your notification. We're still supporting the Osmo Pro/Raw when in terms of technical concern. If you have a problem with your unit, please feel free to reach us. Thank you for continued.

What a crappy response
2018-12-27
Use props
Bullcrappy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87989 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-19 13:23

Still waiting for your reply Tony.
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bullcrappy Posted at 2-4 15:01
Still waiting for your reply Tony.

Hi, we're sorry that as of the time being, our team hasn't cascaded to us that there will be upcoming firmware updates. However, if you have a suggestion that you want to add for the future firmware update, we would help you forwarding it to our designated department. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-4
Use props
aaron holder
New

United States

Wow.... Well, I did want an OSMO Pro and a Mavic 2 pro, but now I'm not so sure, that sounds like the worst customer service response possible. I'm stunned honestly. If you can't even answer whether or not the item has been discontinued, that is definitely a bad sign.  Ouch- I guess if I make the DJI leap, I'll have to make sure it's the tried and tested models. Ugh.
2019-5-11
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

Osmo with such $#$%&^$ battery had to die.
2019-5-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Daltair Posted at 5-14 00:21
Osmo with such $#$%&^$ battery had to die.

Anybody who want to upgrade to Pro/RAW should realize that standard "in-the-handle" battery will not be sufficient. DJI developed an adapter to utilize external power supply. With a very little soldering effort it can be modified to utilize any 3S LiPo battery (old Phantom 3 battery including) for hours of operation.

https://store.dji.com/product/os ... r-for-mavic-battery
2019-5-15
Use props
Daltair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167723 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-15 14:32
Anybody who want to upgrade to Pro/RAW should realize that standard "in-the-handle" battery will not be sufficient. DJI developed an adapter to utilize external power supply. With a very little soldering effort it can be modified to utilize any 3S LiPo battery (old Phantom 3 battery including) for hours of operation.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender-for-mavic-battery

Yes, I used phantom-3 battery for OSMO. Anyway it has also other disadvantages like stop working if Wi-Fi jammers used, overheating etc.
2019-5-16
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

So!

Dear DJI, can you please make an FW update with new features, like Motion Timelapse, Panorama, e.t.c. ?
Many users of OSMO Pro/Raw are waiting for this .

Please!
2019-5-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

sincabeza Posted at 5-16 08:18
So!

Dear DJI, can you please make an FW update with new features, like Motion Timelapse, Panorama, e.t.c. ?

You'll be much better with Litchi for Osmo app, works charmingly ...
2019-5-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Daltair Posted at 5-16 00:17
Yes, I used phantom-3 battery for OSMO. Anyway it has also other disadvantages like stop working if Wi-Fi jammers used, overheating etc.

Yet, Osmo Pro/RAW is still very capable camera for semi-pro applications, considering the price.
assembly 04.jpg assembly 01.jpg

2019-5-16
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
  • >>>

When the new FW update will be for OsmoPro ?
Please ?
2019-9-19
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

is it possible to Return my OsmoProCombo to DJI, as a camera with no any support and updates...
or replace it to another your (DJI) product ?

Almost new condition.
Will ship it for free.

2020-2-1
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2019-5-16 11:44
Yet, Osmo Pro/RAW is still very capable camera for semi-pro applications, considering the price.
[view_image][view_image]

Your cage/frame looks awesome and it looks like you’re using an almost identical setup to me.  Could you let us know where you bought your cage please? Or if you built it yourself could you post a tutorial which also has links to buy the pieces?
I’d be forever in your debt if you did.
Thanks in advance,

Alistair
2020-3-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Advocate Posted at 3-2 04:06
Your cage/frame looks awesome and it looks like you’re using an almost identical setup to me.  Could you let us know where you bought your cage please? Or if you built it yourself could you post a tutorial which also has links to buy the pieces?
I’d be forever in your debt if you did.
Thanks in advance,

This rig was CAD designed and CNC machined in my shop. All components attached to are/were available at DJI Store, now they're scattered all over the Internet selling vendors and sourcing them will be a gargantuan job ...
2020-3-2
Use props
Advocate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1076909 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve taken the plunge on a Ronin-SC hoping it will allow me to accomplish what the various Osmos could not.  One Osmo Pro kit going up for sale, hardly used.
2020-4-4
Use props
sajnik99yahoo.com
lvl.1

United States

Well DJI launches products & than run away...
they hype products with publicity & never answer your calls, email & resave things.
I think We should start a worldwide campaign against them for their services. they have not updated any firmware for DJI Osmo Pro / RAW after 2017...  
it's disgusting & they even do not reply, these were highest paid products. Now they will not bother to reply also.
It feels pain but must say that DJI company is very similar to Corona Virus ... they produce costliest products but it but they don't have solution or ready for it.
Shameless & Shameful....

2020-4-8
Use props
jumping
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40141 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-26 10:47

Hello, can anyone tell me what the up to date firmware version is for Osmo 1 today is July 13 2020?
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_DKTlIQzAdS4L
New

Australia

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2019-5-16 11:44
[view_image][view_image]

That's a sick setup mate!

How do you deal with the gimbal noise? Does the mic not pick that up?
2020-10-1
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_DKTlIQzAdS4L Posted at 10-1 15:04
That's a sick setup mate!

How do you deal with the gimbal noise? Does the mic not pick that up?

It is actually not a gimbal noise, but cooling fan. External, good quality directional mic will ignore much of this noise if properly placed in the setup.
2020-10-1
Use props
Avalonpete
lvl.1
Australia

I can no longer set PAL or 25fps on my Osmo Pro. All these options are greyed out. I checked the latest firmware and reloaded the DJI app. Please help. Peter
2020-11-9
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-19 13:23

2020-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules