Osmo Pocket timelapse / motionlapse 1080p only?
17290 35 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd8cc4f88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is there any option to change te resolution of timelapse / motionlapse to 4k instead of 1080p? Can’t seem to find it anywhere...
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion but the feature Timelapse and Motionlapse is 1080p only. You may view and download the User Manual from our website for more detailed information. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns, we're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
fansd8cc4f88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-14 08:42
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion but the feature Timelapse and Motionlapse is 1080 120p only. You may view and download the User Manual  from our website for more detailed information. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns, we're here to help you. Thank you.

Thanks for the fast reply!
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd8cc4f88 Posted at 12-14 08:44
Thanks for the fast reply!

Hi, no worries. You might find this interesting to read about your new Osmo Pocket . Thank you for your support.
2018-12-14
Use props
Mauritz69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14711 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion but the feature Timelapse and Motionlapse is 1080p only. You may view and download the User Manual from our website for more detailed information. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns, we're here to help you. Thank you.

Can we set the Time-lapse to save raw files so we can edit in other software to create 4k Time-lapse?
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mauritz69 Posted at 12-19 09:32
Can we set the Time-lapse to save raw files so we can edit in other software to create 4k Time-lapse?

Hi Mauritz69, unfortunately as of the time being it is only set to 1080p. Appreciate your support. Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans4bfa7884
lvl.1

Netherlands

Will a future update provide us with the option to take a timelapse in 4K?
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans4bfa7884 Posted at 12-21 11:51
Will a future update provide us with the option to take a timelapse in 4K?

Hi, to be honest we don't have the related information about this. We will keep you posted once there is an update in our website. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans4bfa7884
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 12:37
Hi, to be honest we don't have the related information about this. We will keep you posted once there is an update in our website. Thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to purchase, but maybe it’s better to wait then.
2018-12-21
Use props
mastix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6659610 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I also hope that in a near future we get 4K timelapse. Right now it is of no use to me in FHD
2018-12-23
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

A possibility to store timelapse photos in RAW-format would be much appreciated :-D
2018-12-23
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231381 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Single raw would be the best! Fhd is quite too small for a good use / Postproduktion. Would be great to get in an update:-)
2018-12-24
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't see any reason why this can't do timelapse and motionlapse in 4K and hope that there will be an firmware update that will allow this.

Regards,
Tom  
2018-12-31
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

You can get 4K timelapse out of osmo pocket, as long as you you are willing to render the video from frames yourself and you can live with 3 sec minimum interval.

I personally would love to see shorter intervals at 4K even if it can only be done by getting rid of the video output...
2019-1-1
Use props
fansc483bfc2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17812 ft
United States

CemAygun Posted at 1-1 02:59
You can get 4K timelapse out of osmo pocket, as long as you you are willing to render the video from frames yourself and you can live with 3 sec minimum interval.

I personally would love to see shorter intervals at 4K even if it can only be done by getting rid of the video output...

@CemAygun Can you explain how to do that? I don't see an option to enable motion lapse with photos.
2019-1-14
Use props
fansc483bfc2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17812 ft
United States

I just figured out how to do 4K Timelapse! It's actually pretty simple

As @CemAygun mentioned it is possible to get the full res pictures of the timelapse and with that create a 4K video.

1) Enable saving the timelapse photos by connecting the phone, and on the Mimo app, go to the timelapse settings and enable 'Timelapse Original Photo'.
2) Record your timelapse video.
3) Connect the Osmo Pocket (or the SD card) to the computer. In the storage device, you will find a series of pictures inside the `DCIM/TIMELAPSE` folder. (Note that on the Mimo app it will not show these pictures, that's why you need to access the storage device directly)
4) Process those pictures on your editing software to create the 4K video.

I used DaVinci Resolve, and it automatically recognizes that all pictures are supposed to be a single video (because they have the same prefix with an increment number suffix). So, all you need to do is open Resolve, import the photos (which will show up as a video already) and then export the video in 4K.

I hope this helps someone!
2019-1-14
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Sorry, did not have the chance to reply on time  (problem at work) but it is explained perfectly in fansc483bfc2's post. You can enable this option within osmo (without the phone) as well. After you select time lapse (or motion lapse) go back to camera view and slide down, and then slide right. Each time you click the screen here you alternate between video only and video+frames.

There are two catches though: The minimum interval is increased to 3 seconds instead of 2 when saving the pictures with the video. This might be a bit of a problem for some people as even 2 seconds is quite long.

The second one is less of an issue: The resolution of the photos area a non-standard 4000x2250. To get to more common 3840x2160 you need to crop in slightly. By the way I would not recommend scaling them down (instead of cropping) as that would cause an unnecessary loss of quality.
2019-1-18
Use props
Charlie 666
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-12-14 08:42
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Apologies for the confusion but the feature Timelapse and Motionlapse is 1080p only. You may view and download the User Manual from our website for more detailed information. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns, we're here to help you. Thank you.

Please remedy this shortcoming. I would be willing to pay extra for sharp/usable motion lapse. And how about higher resolution for panoramas? As they are rendered by MIMO they are not really suitable for printing. Please, please, please!
2019-2-20
Use props
rezaldi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295020 ft
Indonesia

Charlie 666 Posted at 2-20 19:56
Please remedy this shortcoming. I would be willing to pay extra for sharp/usable motion lapse. And how about higher resolution for panoramas? As they are rendered by MIMO they are not really suitable for printing. Please, please, please!

stitch using another software like :

dji media maker , photoshop, lightroom etc
2019-2-20
Use props
S LOW
New
Hong Kong

I wish there is 4k!
2019-2-21
Use props
Charlie 666
lvl.1
United States

rezaldi Posted at 2-20 22:28

Yes, but why wouldn’t MIMO do that?
2019-2-21
Use props
Charlie 666
lvl.1
United States

2019-2-21
Use props
Charlie 666
lvl.1
United States

2019-2-21
Use props
sidesw1pe
lvl.1
Australia

So we can record 4K video at 60 frames per second but somehow 60 frames per minute is a no go?
2019-3-10
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yeah, after reading several reviews and opinions, it wasn't clear at all that this didn't output 4k time-lapse photos as standard.

Bloody rubbish.

If I wanted to make my own from a series of photos I could have used my proper camera.

What a waste of time and pain in the rear.

Please enable this via firmware!
2019-3-30
Use props
Stuge234
lvl.3
India

Still waiting for 4k .
2019-4-4
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231381 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Still waiting für raw timelapse ...
2019-4-7
Use props
Damon Thomas
New

United States

mastix Posted at 2018-12-23 13:07
I also hope that in a near future we get 4K timelapse. Right now it is of no use to me in FHD

Agreed.. GREAT NOVELTY but in practice it sucks.
2019-4-10
Use props
Damon Thomas
New

United States

fansc483bfc2 Posted at 1-14 19:48
I just figured out how to do 4K Timelapse! It's actually pretty simple

As @CemAygun mentioned it is possible to get the full res pictures of the timelapse and with that create a 4K video.

This should be done natively... if you can do it as a work around they can script it into a working piece. They just royally f$% up with their little BETA camera they pushed on all of us unfinished.
2019-4-10
Use props
fans7a1177f5
lvl.2
Canada

sidesw1pe Posted at 3-10 02:08
So we can record 4K video at 60 frames per second but somehow 60 frames per minute is a no go?

This feature is obviously intentionally crippled by DJI. GoPro 7 Black can do timelapses in 4K. Why Osmo couldn't (so their competition can do it, but DJI cannot) do the same thing. It's a shame for DJI, their business model insults us the customers. There should be place for and Osmo Pocket 2, isn't it.  There are things that DJI could have done well from the first version of the Osmo Pocket like for example built  in BT, tripod socket at the bottom, replaceable battery, wheel built in, some extra accessories in Osmo Pocket box. But they want to sell their extra accessories at huge prices, really huge prices.
The device itself it's inconfortable being too small, difficult to handle because its so small. By making it 1 inch longer only and just a bit wider,  it could accommodate a larger battery, the BT connectivity.
2019-4-30
Use props
fans7a1177f5
lvl.2
Canada

fans7a1177f5 Posted at 4-30 11:47
This feature is obviously intentionally crippled by DJI. GoPro 7 Black can do timelapses in 4K. Why Osmo couldn't (so their competition can do it, but DJI cannot) do the same thing. It's a shame for DJI, their business model insults us the customers. There should be place for and Osmo Pocket 2, isn't it.  There are things that DJI could have done well from the first version of the Osmo Pocket like for example built  in BT, tripod socket at the bottom, replaceable battery, wheel built in, some extra accessories in Osmo Pocket box. But they want to sell their extra accessories at huge prices, really huge prices.
The device itself it's inconfortable being too small, difficult to handle because its so small. By making it 1 inch longer only and just a bit wider,  it could accommodate a larger battery, the BT connectivity.

I bet you. Soon they will have a Pocket 2, that will fix a few but not all of the Pocket 1 issues.
2019-4-30
Use props
demonstrate
lvl.2
United States

Seeing the feature in OSMO Action but not in Pocket, this makes really poor expectations. Is it really hardware limitations?
2020-1-13
Use props
fansf501d429
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180108 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is ridiculous. Misleading even to not offer such a key feature in 4K.
2020-11-23
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I would also like the ability to record time lapse in a 4K video.
2021-3-10
Use props
Bozorgmanesh
New

France

Hi, When i try to use Timelapse mode on Osmo Pocket and i use pro settings to save Video+jpeg, the osmo does not save any images. I did reset the Osmo pocket to see if it'd fix this issue but no luck so far.
2021-3-18
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bozorgmanesh Posted at 2021-3-18 08:36
Hi, When i try to use Timelapse mode on Osmo Pocket and i use pro settings to save Video+jpeg, the osmo does not save any images. I did reset the Osmo pocket to see if it'd fix this issue but no luck so far.

Connect the Osmo Pocket (or the SD card) to the computer. In the storage device, you will find a series of pictures inside the `DCIM/TIMELAPSE` folder. (Note that on the Mimo app it will not show these pictures, that's why you need to access the storage device directly)
4) Process those pictures on your editing software to create the 4K video.
2023-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules