Osmo Pocket + Lanyard
7148 16 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Out of all the questions I thought I would be asking here, this has to be the stupidest....

How does one attach the included lanyard to the DJI Osmo Pocket?  The only posible place I see are the two holes located near the gimbal head on the case, and not the actual Osmo Pocket itself.
2018-12-14
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Correct , thats the place for  this
2018-12-14
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

dronybaloney Posted at 12-14 11:05
Correct , thats the place for  this

Thanks for the fast reply....

Wow, that's rather useless....  
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi, the reason for the lanyard being attached on the gimbal head instead being placed on the osmo pocket itself, is that, it would be a lot safer for the osmo pocket be inside the case that is for insstances,  if the lanyard might be cut the Osmo poecket is still protected because it is inside a case.

2018-12-14
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 13:17
Hi, the reason for the lanyard being attached on the gimbal head instead being placed on the osmo pocket itself, is that, it would be a lot safer since the osmo pocket is inside the case even if the lanyard might be cut the Osmo poecket is still protected because it is inside a case.

I'm glad to know the Osmo will be safe as long as I'm not using it
2018-12-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it's called the Osmo POCKET so why would a lanyard be needed on the case?
2018-12-15
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-15 13:13
Yes it's called the Osmo POCKET so why would a lanyard be needed on the case?

For when you take it out of your pocket

2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_2J7oNH20dlLh
New
United States

I don’t think I want to trust that little snap on the case, if I’m just holding it by the lanyard. I would prefer to have the lanyard on the Osmo P... maybe there’s a way to create an anchor for it, but there’s really no place to do this.
2018-12-18
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_2J7oNH20dlLh Posted at 12-18 18:35
I don’t think I want to trust that little snap on the case, if I’m just holding it by the lanyard. I would prefer to have the lanyard on the Osmo P... maybe there’s a way to create an anchor for it, but there’s really no place to do this.

A lanyard loop could be placed on an accessory similar to the action camera mount.
2018-12-18
Use props
US-Photography
New
United States

Since it is pocket sized, I can't imagine anyone ever hanging it from their wrist with the lanyard on the case, especially since it could still slide out of the case if the snap came loose. The only value of a lanyard on this camera (IMHO) is to avoid dropping the camera while using it. Shooting while cycling (on the beach), at crowded festivals (where it would quickly be stepped on and crushed), on a boat, etc. The loop fits over gimbal so, I will use it there as needed. The only time my camera will ever hang from the lanyard is if it slips out of my hand. Great camera, lousy lanyard design.
2019-2-28
Use props
LionelB
lvl.3

United Kingdom

US-Photography Posted at 2-28 11:32
Since it is pocket sized, I can't imagine anyone ever hanging it from their wrist with the lanyard on the case, especially since it could still slide out of the case if the snap came loose. The only value of a lanyard on this camera (IMHO) is to avoid dropping the camera while using it. Shooting while cycling (on the beach), at crowded festivals (where it would quickly be stepped on and crushed), on a boat, etc. The loop fits over gimbal so, I will use it there as needed. The only time my camera will ever hang from the lanyard is if it slips out of my hand. Great camera, lousy lanyard design.

100% agree, bad lanyard design, should attach to the camera itself  to give added security in holding whilst filming.
2019-2-28
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like the current setup. When I'm traveling and know that I'm in a location where I might have things to film. I would have the OP (in the case) out of my jacket and in my hand and would have the lanyard around my wrist. Then when I see something I want to film.  I just take the OP out and just let the case hang off my wrist and when I'm done I just put the OP back in the case. it's much easier/faster than having to put the case back in my jacket or have to take it out of my jacket when I'm done. I don't need security when I'm actually using the OP but I would want the lanyard whileI'm just carrying it in the case in my hand loosely
2019-2-28
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Polar Pro tripod mount has a couple places to attach a lanyard. Downside is, the wireless adapter can't be used at the same time.
2019-2-28
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-12-14 13:17
Hi, the reason for the lanyard being attached on the gimbal head instead being placed on the osmo pocket itself, is that, it would be a lot safer for the osmo pocket be inside the case that is for insstances,  if the lanyard might be cut the Osmo poecket is still protected because it is inside a case.

Yes; if the hatchet in my pocket happens to cut the lanyard, I will be glad that the case will protect it when the camera falls through the hole in my pants.
2019-2-28
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

You get one of these and attach the lanyard to it.  Works great for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2019-2-28
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Vermifuge Posted at 2018-12-15 13:25
For when you take it out of your pocket

No, no, no... it is called the OP so it should stay in my pocket hanging with my balls.

Don't bother, some folks are like dinosaurs. big head, peanut size brain.
2019-3-1
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

The OP is a great little device that takes amazing photos and videos.  However one drop on a hard surface and I think its toast.  I use the wrist strap most of the time, but also the lanyard when carrying other gear or things.  That ways its always protected and also ready for quick shots.

I have a large OSMO Mobile, a couple of different drones and remotes, and a few Nikons.  I have a lanyard for each.  As the saying from the old AMEX commercial...dont go anywhere without it...
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules