DLog for for Osmo Pocket
12625 39 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
opnwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190161 ft
United Kingdom

I have cycle through the Pro Mode a few times and can't fine the RAW nor the Picture Profile settings.

Will there be DJI DLog profile for the Osmo Pocket in the future?

2018-12-14
Use props
Searcher78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10889 ft
Germany

Same question here yesterday... Answer: still in development, but it will come
2018-12-14
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Searcher78 Posted at 12-14 13:10
Same question here yesterday... Answer: still in development, but it will come

Thank you!
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

We are still waiting for future updates and once we already have a specific information with it, we will make sure to keep you posted.
2018-12-14
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 15:21
We are still waiting for future updates and once we already have a specific information with it, we will make sure to keep you posted.

Thanks.

Some of the YouTube review on Osmo Pocket was a bit confusing.  I just thought DLog is already available!

2018-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

D cinelike is supposed to be available.
2018-12-15
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I really don't understand why the first shipment of a product can have so many functions missing!

"Raw", "DLog", "Story mode" ..... the list continues.
2018-12-15
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep  Same here  to its just an iPhone with a gimble !   Wooow weee !
2018-12-15
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the uk this is technically false advertising. All these features were on the early review modals. Story mode and several other modes are mentioned in the promo video, yet are missing. You seriously have to look to find anything about story mode not been available. It’s frankly crap and whilst I know we will get them at some point, still fill like I have been conned a little bit. All these youtubers who said they would use it professionally and yet when we get the release model, there is currently nothing that makes this even pro consumer grade. You really are taking the biscuit this time dji. Have contacted trading standards here who say I am not the only one complaint. You can’t do this in the uk DJI. Hope they fine you
2018-12-16
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

thatmrkeithy Posted at 12-16 00:42
Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the uk this is technically false advertising. All these features were on the early review modals. Story mode and several other modes are mentioned in the promo video, yet are missing. You seriously have to look to find anything about story mode not been available. It’s frankly crap and whilst I know we will get them at some point, still fill like I have been conned a little bit. All these youtubers who said they would use it professionally and yet when we get the release model, there is currently nothing that makes this even pro consumer grade. You really are taking the biscuit this time dji. Have contacted trading standards here who say I am not the only one complaint. You can’t do this in the uk DJI. Hope they fine you

Sadly the only real recourse in the UK is a refund.

I share the irritation with respect to announcing a product and selling it without the features in it's own advertising blurb.  It feels like DJI wanted to hit a spot that had a very high volume of pre-release Youtube publicity with features it knew would not be on the delvered product on a date that would sate and generate very high Christmas demand - and then take out much of the function and important accessories because it knew it wouldn't work optimally or be avaialble.  I have another problem here in the UK and that is the claim (at Amazon for example ....) where they clearly state that the item will be delivered by DJI EU when it is being sent from China and not the EU.  I cancelled my order made through Amazon in  November and ordered it from Appliances Direct for overnight delivery but DJI sent it after I'd cancelled anyway and has refused a refund until they get it back.  Their patronising emails when I protect at the unfairness is quite frankly are disgraceful not not what I expect from an ethical company, and this issue conspires with the false advertising to damage reputation imho.

They are also still falsely advertising function and product that isn't available eg

"Can I use an external microphone for Osmo Pocket?
Yes, you can achieve this with the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter"

..... and Story mode and "D-Cinelike, robust editing suite", "a suite of accessories" - not one of which is actually available.

Personally I'd have still probably purchased if they had stated up front accuratley and honestly what  would actually be available because it is inherently a potentially unique product -  but the false  advertising and poor CS when they make a mistake eg my cancellation might be of short-term benefit to DJI but feeds to a distrusted and untrustowrthy reputation.

2018-12-16
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nothing will happen. DJI will eventually respond to the ASA and say the missing featuress will be available in a planned firmware upgrade, and the ASA will forward that response to you and do nothing after several months have elapsed, by which time the firmware upgrade may well actually be available anyway or a newer product boasting all the features are fixed and with lots of shiny new features will have been announced.

Been there done that so many times with the ASA - they are a waste of time and have no teeth or real desire to stop this sort of disreputabe activity going on. They just forward replies and say "This is OK then".

The best way to complain is to comment on every "enthusiastic" YouTuber who spreads the lies. Those who talk about the accessories as if they're available today, when they know full well (because DJI do this EVERY SINGLE TIME) they are not only not available but nobody has even a sketchline date when they might be available. Down vote their videos.  Comment on the "influencers" videos. Unsubscribe. Hit them where it hurts. They all claim to be independent, but they're not. They're just shills for DJI for the most part. If you don't do this DJI will send them the next product and the exact same thing will happen and more products will be sold based on lies and mistruths because that's how DJI marketing works and has always worked so far as I can tell. Why would they change something that works so well for them?

There's a site called TrustPilot where the public can vote on trust, customer service, quality of product and other issues of different companies. You might want to check the DJI rating on there (it's the worst rating I've ever seen). You might want to add your own review based on your experience there for others to see. But complaining to the ASA will achieve nothing. Like I said: been there, done that, won't waste my time again.

2018-12-16
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

AngularIan Posted at 12-16 03:15
Nothing will happen. DJI will eventually respond to the ASA and say the missing featuress will be available in a planned firmware upgrade, and the ASA will forward that response to you and do nothing after several months have elapsed, by which time the firmware upgrade may well actually be available anyway or a newer product boasting all the features are fixed and with lots of shiny new features will have been announced.

Been there done that so many times with the ASA - they are a waste of time and have no teeth or real desire to stop this sort of disreputabe activity going on. They just forward replies and say "This is OK then".

Your Trustpilot suggestion was a good one.
2018-12-16
Use props
thatmrkeithy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

good call and wow it really is bad. I have been commenting on a lot of the youtube videos calling them out. Wonder if any of them speak up..
2018-12-16
Use props
RealDavidArt
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

It is HIGHLY DISAPPOINTING to not have DLog after DJI seeded it to reviewers, who clearly showed it in the menus. While I appreciate the innovation, putting product into the marketplace this is hobbled and without the accessories to do what was advertised hurts both trust and momentum.  If Filmic Pro implements hardware support for the pocket, I will immediately discontinue using the DJI app & I have already ordered 3rd party accessories that I will promote as a substitution to DJI's
2018-12-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

It said pretty clearly on the website that these features were coming later.....  not sure how that equates to false advertising .
2018-12-22
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-22 12:29
It said pretty clearly on the website that these fears were coming later.....  not sure how that equates to false advertising .

Really??!!  Can you post link please?

Attached screen grab from the official DJI website, where are the small prints?
2018-12-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

opnwong Posted at 12-22 15:19
Really??!!  Can you post link please?

Attached screen grab from the official DJI website, where are the small prints?

https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=homepage

2018-12-22
Use props
astrogirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18494 ft
Australia

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the uk this is technically false advertising. All these features were on the early review modals. Story mode and several other modes are mentioned in the promo video, yet are missing. You seriously have to look to find anything about story mode not been available. It’s frankly crap and whilst I know we will get them at some point, still fill like I have been conned a little bit. All these youtubers who said they would use it professionally and yet when we get the release model, there is currently nothing that makes this even pro consumer grade. You really are taking the biscuit this time dji. Have contacted trading standards here who say I am not the only one complaint. You can’t do this in the uk DJI. Hope they fine you

I agree...I have said it in some of my other comments....it is definitely false advertising.  The reason I bought it was for Story mode and I pre-order and buy it day 1.....and it has no story mode. Just makes me angry. You can't take products back here for 'change of mind' like you can in the USA. And I just keep hoping they release a firmware update soon that includes these missing features (and improvements to focus faults etc). I have  a day or two before the 14 day return window is up...
2018-12-22
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

astrogirl Posted at 12-22 16:01
I agree...I have said it in some of my other comments....it is definitely false advertising.  The reason I bought it was for Story mode and I pre-order and buy it day 1.....and it has no story mode. Just makes me angry. You can't take products back here for 'change of mind' like you can in the USA. And I just keep hoping they release a firmware update soon that includes these missing features (and improvements to focus faults etc). I have  a day or two before the 14 day return window is up...

Hi,

It isn't a "change of mind" and in fact Oz consumer protection does cover items sold that were misrepresented.

ie

Consumer guarantees applying to goods

Businesses that sell goods guarantee that those goods:

are of acceptable quality - the goods must be safe, lasting, have no faults, look acceptable and do all the things someone would normally expect them to do
    are fit for any purpose that the consumer made known to the business before buying (either expressly or by implication), or the purpose for which the business said it would be fit for
    have been accurately described
    match any sample or demonstration model

etc etc

You are entitled to return it for a full refund.  
2018-12-22
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-22 15:31
https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=homepage

[view_image]

These really are small prints, and what about the RAW photo files?
2018-12-22
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-22 12:29
It said pretty clearly on the website that these features were coming later.....  not sure how that equates to false advertising .

I would hardly describe these small prints as "pretty clear"!   
2018-12-22
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

opnwong Posted at 12-22 16:33
I would hardly describe these small prints as "pretty clear"!

You can set JPEG+RAW in the pro settings. However this is a misnomer as the files are actually stored as DNG on the SD Card.  RAW or DNG, both are a lossless format where DNGs benefit is it is a generic format that is not camera specific.  DNGs also tend to be smaller than RAW but maintain the same quality.

As for the size of the font...  seeing as  you missed the RAW settings perhaps an eye examination is in order? The footnotes were imediatly obvious to myself and have been preant since at least December 8th according to the wayback machine.
2018-12-22
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the uk this is technically false advertising. All these features were on the early review modals. Story mode and several other modes are mentioned in the promo video, yet are missing. You seriously have to look to find anything about story mode not been available. It’s frankly crap and whilst I know we will get them at some point, still fill like I have been conned a little bit. All these youtubers who said they would use it professionally and yet when we get the release model, there is currently nothing that makes this even pro consumer grade. You really are taking the biscuit this time dji. Have contacted trading standards here who say I am not the only one complaint. You can’t do this in the uk DJI. Hope they fine you

I agree a 100% You should not advertise options only to find out that those options are missing. I'm really surprised DJI did this.

Regards,
Tom
2018-12-31
Use props
Rajaram
lvl.1
India

I can’t but complain less. The youtubers were so ga ga over these pro settings like cine and raw, i got a piece from USA to Bengaluru. Searched searched and searched for these features and totally disappointed. PLUS, there’s confusion on latest firmware number. Some say 1.30 version, whereas the updated version reads as 1.03... version. Driving me crazy as one of the early birds far away from USA or China!
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rajaram Posted at 1-14 09:15
I can’t but complain less. The youtubers were so ga ga over these pro settings like cine and raw, i got a piece from USA to Bengaluru. Searched searched and searched for these features and totally disappointed. PLUS, there’s confusion on latest firmware number. Some say 1.30 version, whereas the updated version reads as 1.03... version. Driving me crazy as one of the early birds far away from USA or China!

Raw is available, only cinelike will come on later FW.
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-12-16 00:42

ohhhhh, no story mode....the entire product is broken!  
2019-1-14
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

There was just too much hype on YouTube by so-called impartial reviewers. They should know better than to hail all these prototype features as though they are production ready. These guys should share some of the blame with DJI for the false advertising. Having said that I'm still keeping my Pocket and hoping that DJI will step up to the plate and deliver on their promises
2019-1-14
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Vermifuge Posted at 2018-12-22 16:51
You can set JPEG+RAW in the pro settings. However this is a misnomer as the files are actually stored as DNG on the SD Card.  RAW or DNG, both are a lossless format where DNGs benefit is it is a generic format that is not camera specific.  DNGs also tend to be smaller than RAW but maintain the same quality.

https://youtu.be/SQbVaYM62f4

That option does not appear on my United States Android App....now I'm angry.
2019-1-14
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 1-14 09:46
That option does not appear on my United States Android App....now I'm angry.

Are there different versions of Mimo for different countries? I wasn't aware, I'm running android and it's on mine in the Pro mode.
2019-1-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Vermifuge Posted at 2018-12-22 16:51
You can set JPEG+RAW in the pro settings. However this is a misnomer as the files are actually stored as DNG on the SD Card.  RAW or DNG, both are a lossless format where DNGs benefit is it is a generic format that is not camera specific.  DNGs also tend to be smaller than RAW but maintain the same quality.

https://youtu.be/SQbVaYM62f4

DNG is indeed a RAW format. The difference is that RAW is generally proprietary whereas DNG is the Adobe standard.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Upscaleman Posted at 1-14 09:46
That option does not appear on my United States Android App....now I'm angry.

I bet it is there, remember you need to be in Photo Mode to see the setting
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

thatmrkeithy Posted at 2018-12-16 00:42

Yes, in the US it is definitely called false advertising.
2019-1-14
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

AngularIan Posted at 2018-12-16 03:15

Been there done that so many times with the ASA - they are a waste of time and have no teeth or real desire to stop this sort of disreputabe activity going on. They just forward replies and say "This is OK then".

Those are excellent points.
The you tubers should really be held accountable for fraudulent advertising. If they are making any income on a product, and knowingly promoting it in a misleading manner, they should be held financially accountable. They should be more careful.
2019-1-14
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:44
Those are excellent points.
The you tubers should really be held accountable for fraudulent advertising. If they are making any income on a product, and knowingly promoting it in a misleading manner, they should be held financially accountable. They should be more careful.

I think you're being a little harsh. DJI are frequently poor on supplying information even when the product is on sale.

How were the reviewers supposed to know that what they were testing wouldn't be available on the shipping model? I'm pretty sure they just thought they had early pre-production models albeit with no instructions so likely had no clue they were testing something that would have features removed later.

A similar thing happened with the Ronin-S.  DJI showed off the unit for months before it was launched and published a list of cameras that would be supported. Then after it shipped they released a firmware upgrade and removed cameras from the published list of cameras that were supported, leaving customers who had those cameras and who had bought in good faith very angry.

It's just the way DJI works unfortunately.
2019-1-15
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

AngularIan Posted at 1-15 10:48
I think you're being a little harsh. DJI are frequently poor on supplying information even when the product is on sale.

How were the reviewers supposed to know that what they were testing wouldn't be available on the shipping model? I'm pretty sure they just thought they had early pre-production models albeit with no instructions so likely had no clue they were testing something that would have features removed later.

Aren't the reviewers often business people, making a living on the videos and engaged in a quasi-business relationship with DJI, receiving goods in exchange for publishing reviews? If so, they are basically freelance marketers working for DJI. Not sure if they pay taxes on the "free" goods they acquire, which they probably should...but in any case, they are profiting from the products AND often directly profiting from the links they provide to the product sales. That would make them responsible for the false claims they make, claims that generally encourage people to spend money on the products. Of course, I am not privy to the exact relationships each you tube professional has with DJI...but if it's anything like what I am thinking, they should be careful with the claims they make-and repeat-to help DJI sell their products.
2019-1-16
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

AngularIan Posted at 2018-12-16 03:15

My God man, get a grip.
2019-1-16
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

miamitv Posted at 1-14 16:41
Yes, in the US it is definitely called false advertising.

As a lawyer I can tell you it's NOT false advertising.  There's no intent to defraud when they are working hard on the update.....don't quit your day job.  

If every little thing that gets addressed with a firmware update was "false advertising" then companies would simply stop releasing products because the risk is too great.  Something called PUBLIC POLICY has decided, long ago, that as long as the manufacturer does not INTEND TO DEFRAUD then we prefer to live in a society which allows innovation and firmware updates......since you don't understand the deeper meaning behind the law, don't quit your day job.
2019-1-16
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Amateur lawyer kookfest in here.
2019-1-16
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

Upscaleman Posted at 1-16 17:54
As a lawyer I can tell you it's NOT false advertising.  There's no intent to defraud when they are working hard on the update.....don't quit your day job.  

If every little thing that gets addressed with a firmware update was "false advertising" then companies would simply stop releasing products because the risk is too great.  Something called PUBLIC POLICY has decided, long ago, that as long as the manufacturer does not INTEND TO DEFRAUD then we prefer to live in a society which allows innovation and firmware updates......since you don't understand the deeper meaning behind the law, don't quit your day job.

You have no idea what my day job is...just like I have no idea if you are really a lawyer. And we both have no idea what DJI intended, do we? They sure made a lot of claims in the ads that aren't correct. Maybe they were just confused about what was possible before release date, and what was just a cool idea that wasn't ready yet.
2019-1-16
Use props
miamitv
lvl.1
United States

miamitv Posted at 1-16 18:00
You have no idea what my day job is...just like I have no idea if you are really a lawyer. And we both have no idea what DJI intended, do we? They sure made a lot of claims in the ads that aren't correct. Maybe they were just confused about what was possible before release date, and what was just a cool idea that wasn't ready yet.

In any case, I -and a lot of other buyers- believed that several important features were included with the device. Might not land them in criminal court...but I am pretty sure it's not allowed. In fact, Tesla was recently sued for exgageratting claims about it's product. But hey, you're the lawyer so I guess you already knew that.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules