Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

also following issue:

when in afc : osmo pocket still keep getting out of focus and everytime it focus its cleary noticable in the footage.this is just terrible. (for your info , i ve got the latest fw)

see here an example :

please sort this out as footage is unusable.

sorry but still too many issues which has to be sorted

2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there, I believe you'll need to focus the tracking system directly the subject more and surely. and if the issue would still persist, might as well try to read every modes and check possible troubleshooting steps.
2018-12-14
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

This is the focus pumping which I mentioned a few days ago and hoped it would have been fixed with the latest FW. This footage is really unusable and will not be noticed
with the small onboard screen.

Get this really fixed asap. A workaround would be a fixed focus button with infinite focus.
Just saw this video (also focus pumpin)

Its also the second video where it is said that the OP gets hot while filming. I really also dont understand why 4k 60fps does not support active track and especially why
1080p in general (i.e. 120fps) has to crop in so much (what reason does this have?). Probably there has been chosen a cpu which is overstrained.

Really hope these issues will be fixed soon. I hope to get mine soon and will test and feedback here. What really is a show stopper is this focus pumpin issue. Imagine
Filming a whole day and figuring out at home at the pc that some of the footage is unusable or you would have to crop in later in post production.

I really hope DJI just tried to get this great gadget into the market before Christmas and that these issues will be solved soon.

I assume that time laps does work in 4k resolution? Can someone answer this question.
2018-12-14
Use props
Bj0rn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Same issue here even after firmware update. It switches between focus and out of focus every few seconds (hunting). You can literally see the focus at work... It seems to be the worst while using active track
2018-12-15
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Untill dji fix the afc (pumping) issue wit new firmware and will use afs . Other option is returning the osmo for refund
2018-12-15
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think with the mavic pro when using afc , it will stop focussen during filming . This should be implemented with the pocket
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_5rx4oqCw2Z9S
lvl.2
Sweden

I to have this strange focus problems. And it renders my videos UNUSABLE!
Please DJI, fix this asap. I bought this for my company, but i cant work with the materials it delivers. Please DJI, fix this
2018-12-15
Use props
kerberos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

+1 for the AFC focus breathing, almost unusable, and a bit of horizon drifting in some cases. Nonetheless, I'm still in love with the Osmo Pocket and I'm confident things will be improved in a future firmware update.
2018-12-15
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

kerberos Posted at 12-15 12:51
+1 for the AFC focus breathing, almost unusable, and a bit of horizon drifting in some cases. Nonetheless, I'm still in love with the Osmo Pocket and I'm confident things will be improved in a future firmware update.

I hope you are right.
2018-12-15
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

Same issue.  Took the kids out to meet Santa for the first time in their lives at the Outdoor World and thought I had the best footage!  Until I uploaded onto my computer, they were all blurry!!!! This is after the updated firmware already!  Very disappointed!  DJI should not rush this thing out to the market just to beat the holidays shopping season in the expense of the users' disappointing  experience! I am sure this is not an overlook problem. They knew this before hands!  Well, there is this thing called "RETURN and REFUND" !!  
2018-12-15
Use props
fanse53a80ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1520935 ft
United States

The auto focus on my devices also doing the same thing. I can’t get it to stay focused on a general target without it hunting.
2018-12-15
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dji ? Hurry , need new firmware update. Looks like all ( at least many)pocket users facing same problem.
2018-12-16
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This focus issue really needs to be the number one fix they are working on, it's simply not acceptable.
2018-12-16
Use props
kotwPL
lvl.2
Poland

I've also experienced autofocus hunting
DJI, could you implement some kind of infinity focus the same as in Gopro Hero 5/6/7 cameras?
Osmo Pocket it's really good pocket camera (beside autofocus issue) for my needs.
2018-12-16
Use props
fridh
lvl.2
Sweden

Check this out. I am sitting still, in a chair. How hard can in be to keep the focus steady?
I really hope that DJI fix this ASAP or else i will go for a GoPro.

2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yikes this is bad. Wish I saw this before buying.
2018-12-16
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

I went out today to shot a side by side video with my OSMO pocket and Gopro Hero7 and all I can say is DJI this just sucks 40 minutes of useless footage Gopro for the win!

I will post a Video and be warned it's bad...
2018-12-16
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tallguysd Posted at 12-16 11:40
I went out today to shot a side by side video with my OSMO pocket and Gopro Hero7 and all I can say is DJI this just sucks 40 minutes of useless footage Gopro for the win!

I will post a Video and be warned it's bad...

I will be interested to see the video. I've no idea how DJI released the OP with this issue, it's very disappointing.
2018-12-16
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 15:02
Hi there, I believe you'll need to focus the tracking system directly the subject more and surely. and if the issue would still persist, might as well try to read every modes and check possible troubleshooting steps.

Hello dji wanda,
It seems to be that you are the only moderator who read this post, and as you can see i am not the only one who is complaining about this terrible focus issue. If you read this again can please make this topurgent priority to get this sorted out with dji engineers otherwise i think many people will return the pocket or dont buy it. As i think if its working properly than it will be a fine nice small gadget.
2018-12-16
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
United States

This is a quick look of out of fucus osmo pocket video..

https://youtu.be/dRXlQBjfh6w
2018-12-16
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
United States

2018-12-16
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
United States

watch the video at first everything is in focus and then the background starts doing funny things..
2018-12-16
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
United States

Absolutely nothing wrong with that clip. Clip looks great. Focus sharp on your face as it should be. Probably some Youtube compression issues.
2018-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Tallguysd Posted at 12-16 14:05
watch the video at first everything is in focus and then the background starts doing funny things..

If that’s the problem with focus, then it’s not much of a problem.
2018-12-16
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.2
United States

OK I think I figured out the problem I will be uploading a video ASAP!
2018-12-16
Use props
fans348db79d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did got my Osmo Pocket yesterday.
Tried to film some indoor and outdoor but i have the same problems!
The focus is really, really  bad. When i film something close, it takes a while when it focus.
When i start panning to something in the distance, and stop my panning, after this it does take a second before the focus wakes up and it want to try set a new focus.
And when it does, it is very very slow.
When i use my iPhone X it focus at close range and when i pan to something in the distance the focus is already finished before i stop my panning.
The Osmo Pocket is finished after 2 seconds when i already stopped my panning move.
Because of this,80% of the filmed data is blurry, not in focus when panning with the Osmo Pocket.
When use AFS, and tapping the screen every time, looks much faster with setting the focus. But that's not great, continues tapping the screen when make a panning shot to get good footage.

Hope there will be an update soon, else i need to return it. My iPhone X makes much better, in focus, footage then the Osmo. I really hoped it was the way around.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans4f425186
lvl.2
Germany

fans348db79d Posted at 12-18 07:56
I did got my Osmo Pocket yesterday.
Tried to film some indoor and outdoor but i have the same problems!
The focus is really, really  bad. When i film something close, it takes a while when it focus.

Same problems here. 80 to 90% of my footage isnt useable. I will wait 1 week for an updated firmware before i return it to DJI. Using my Hero 7 until dji fixed this. Thats a big fail.
2018-12-19
Use props
fansbd6c4db5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 748435 ft
Malaysia

Is it possible to set and lock the focus to infinity (like gopro)?
2018-12-19
Use props
Slaab of Meat
lvl.1

United States

OP is connected to phone; 4k60 shooting mode is selected in Pro Mode.  Prior to pressing the record button while framing subject, the focus is clear. However, as soon as I press record, the focus is lost and the video is soft like baby diarrhea. I am not in selfie mode.....all other modes stay in focus; 1080p24/40/60 and 4k24/30/ 50.......just 4k60 is out of focus.....WTF to that.
2018-12-30
Use props
Slaab of Meat
lvl.1

United States

Please fix with firmware!!!.... isn't one of the main selling points 4k60 at a small size?
2018-12-30
Use props
Slaab of Meat
lvl.1

United States

There is a whole lot of focus issues being documented for the OP....I have till February 11th to return for a refund if this 40k60 focus issue is not resolved by DJI....BUT I have a lifetime not to buy DJI product again... many people will feel this way; please fix the focus problems!
2018-12-30
Use props
zaphforty7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

+1 same issue with AFC mode. Putting in AFS means I have to tap the subject almost every second. Hope firmware fixes this STAT. Kinda  ruined Christmas morning and Disneyland trip footages...
2018-12-30
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really don't feel like using my op mainly because of the focus issues plus having to connect a phone to get pro mode...my phone is micro sd...I have to connect to my ipad to update/change modes...wish I had gone for the gopro 7 now.
2018-12-31
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm feeling kind of ignorant here.... What does "AFC" and "AFS" stand for?  I get the AutoFocus part, but C or S  ( Continuous versus ??? )  Thanks for being kind :-)
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-1 07:27
I'm feeling kind of ignorant here.... What does "AFC" and "AFS" stand for?  I get the AutoFocus part, but C or S  ( Continuous versus ??? )  Thanks for being kind :-)

Single, as in single shot focus until you select a new area.
2019-1-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-1 07:48
Single, as in single shot focus until you select a new area.

Thx... makes sense.  Although -given the issues in this thread I'm now going to have to play around with it to see which works for me!
2019-1-1
Use props
Slaab of Meat
lvl.1

United States

Tapping every second on AFS is unacceptable....I'm posting this everyday goddamn day...FIX THE 40K60 FOCUS ISSUE AND IN GENERAL FOCUS ISSUES!!!
2019-1-1
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I don't know.In selfie mode my pocket face track's me perfect.In normal mode I tap to focus on my subject and it work's perfect.The focus is alway's perfect.Maybe pilot error?
2019-1-1
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

KEN5423 Posted at 1-1 18:16
I don't know.In selfie mode my pocket face track's me perfect.In normal mode I tap to focus on my subject and it work's perfect.The focus is alway's perfect.Maybe pilot error?

We're talking about the auto pilot though, so not really a pilot error:-).

---------

DJI:

A fully manual focus using the tilt slider, as an option under settings? And perhaps a value readout somewhere on the screen when using it (if you can't quite pic out the focus on the small screen, you'll just have to learn and go by the number values). There's a reason most 3rd party iPhone camera apps got a slider for the focus, anything tap to focus and/or auto just isn't reliable, and hold to lock focus can be futile at times.
2019-1-1
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Chris1a Posted at 1-1 19:14
We're talking about the auto pilot though, so not really a pilot error:-).

---------

WTF?What is auto pilot...............LOL???
2019-1-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules