3965 8 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I used to have a big, heavy and nothing functional Dual Grip that I barely use. I couldn’t reach the buttons and the focus wheel. To reach them I had to hold on the Ronin in the middle to start record and go back to the dual grip and this makes you more tired than it helps. So, I found a setup that is incredible and it was even cheaper than the big grip.

This setup is made with the SmallRig Ronin S Ring with two top handles. It now 1kg less heavy than with the big grip and now I can reach the buttons, focus wheel, attach a monitor on the back and a microphone in the front (or on the grip), it's more comfortable to make the movements and distribute better the weight since you can hold it close to your body. I can even use it upside down that works flawlessly if you use a Magic Arm or a Ball Head for the monitor.

Check out the pictures:

IMG_0179.jpeg IMG_0180.jpeg

How is easy to reach the focus wheel

How is easy to reach the focus wheel

Here's a comparison between the two grips:

Comparison between the two grips

Comparison between the two grips
IMG_0183.jpeg IMG_0184.jpeg

Field monitor with the Magic Arm:

IMG_0186.jpeg IMG_0187.jpeg

If you want to buy them, just search for Ronin S grip and SmallRig top handle on Amazon or on their site, but I recommend Amazon since the price is the same and the shipping is free.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi raphael_bellizzi, thank you for sharing this tip to our fellow Ronin-S users. Cheers!
2018-12-15
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

What did you use to mount the handle to the clamp ring? One of the holes is a 3/8 size. I tried the 3/8 to 14 adapter but it doesn't sit flush. Let me know Thanks
2018-12-19
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Initially I use this adapter but it has a "border ring" that I didn't make so precise:

Today I bought one that have  "flat head", so it will be totally precise:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product ... _detailpage_o00_s00
2018-12-19
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 12-19 23:50
Initially I use this adapter but it has a "border ring" that I didn't make so precise:

[view_image]

Ok thanks. I was trying the same one you have in the picture so I ordered the flat ones yesterday

My setup so far

2018-12-20
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Dope setup!
2018-12-20
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome... thanks for sharing.
2019-1-18
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ya know, I have quick release clamps for literally every piece of equipment that I need to mount over and over again... and not ONCE did I consider a quick-release between the bottom of the Ronin-s Grip and the legs.  Awesome.  Will be adding that to my kit soon.  Thanks again for the description of your rig and the great photos.
2019-1-18
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Switzerland

Mabou2 Posted at 1-18 08:24
Ya know, I have quick release clamps for literally every piece of equipment that I need to mount over and over again... and not ONCE did I consider a quick-release between the bottom of the Ronin-s Grip and the legs.  Awesome.  Will be adding that to my kit soon.  Thanks again for the description of your rig and the great photos.

Yeah! In the bottom is Amazing because you let it small and you can put it on a big tripod or on a one hand grip like this:

2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules