Bad DJI repair evalutation practices...
645 11 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e13e0df
lvl.2
Flight distance : 98179 ft
United States

I sent in my P4 in exact same condition into the exact same DJI repair shop a little less than 1 week from each other and this is what I get:

Original invoice: https://imgur.com/a/NFPMFo6

2nd invoice: https://imgur.com/a/OFeh5nT

This is just proof that DJI doesn't evaluate their drones well. I was actually gonna pay for the repair but this is just so BS. I requested to send back the drones but all I have ever received was an email saying they would ship it in 2 business days.

This is part 3 of these two posts. The amount of frustration I have gone through makes me just want to hire a lawyer and sue the crap out of DJI.

1: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172251-1-1.html
2: https://forum.dji.com/thread-172852-1-1.html
2018-12-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wouldn't get too excited as DJI told me that my P3P was water damaged. I found this a little strange because all the tree leaves were definitely dry when I flew into it.I'm still trying to work that one out but either they evaluated the wrong P3P or the apprentice was doing the work.
Oh yeah turned out cheaper to buy a new P4P. Well almost but that's a long story.
2018-12-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sky wombat Posted at 12-14 19:29
Wouldn't get too excited as DJI told me that my P3P was water damaged. I found this a little strange because all the tree leaves were definitely dry when I flew into it.I'm still trying to work that one out but either they evaluated the wrong P3P or the apprentice was doing the work.
Oh yeah turned out cheaper to buy a new P4P. Well almost but that's a long story.

had you at any other time gotten it wet, that could be down to ditching it, getting caught in the rain and so on, reason i ask is cause they have little blue areas inside the drone and battery that if they get damp, they change to pink , it could be a previous issue (ditching) that you resolved yourself or never though anything of it (caught in rain) and the techs picked up on the dot being a different colour so it must be to do with your latest incident etc.....

I will prob get the water damage waffle if i ever need support, seen as i ditched mine awhile back
2018-12-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I sent in my P4 in exact same condition into the exact same DJI repair shop a little less than 1 week from each other and this is what I get:
This is just proof that DJI doesn't evaluate their drones well.

Sorry but that's not proof of anything.
You have two drones that each suffered a severe crash.
The chances of the damage being identical are very slim.
The repair centre report indicates that one needed a new main board and ultrasonic unit.
How can you be sure that's not accurate?

The amount of frustration I have gone through makes me just want to hire a lawyer and sue the crap out of DJI.

Good luck with that.
You might find that you would have to prove your claims to do it.
I suspect you'd be better off financially to just pay the repair bill.
2018-12-14
Use props
fans0e13e0df
lvl.2
United States

Sorry but that's not proof of anything.
You have two drones that each suffered a severe crash.
The chances of the damage being identical are very slim.
The repair centre report indicates that one needed a new main board and ultrasonic unit.
How can you be sure that's not accurate?

Looks like you're just gonna have to take my word for it. No way for me to prove this.

Good luck with that.
You might find that you would have to prove your claims to do it.
I suspect you'd be better off financially to just pay the repair bill.

Nor am I that stupid to actually hire a lawyer. It's meant to emphasize the amount of frustration I have experienced with DJI.
2018-12-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 12-14 21:12
had you at any other time gotten it wet, that could be down to ditching it, getting caught in the rain and so on, reason i ask is cause they have little blue areas inside the drone and battery that if they get damp, they change to pink , it could be a previous issue (ditching) that you resolved yourself or never though anything of it (caught in rain) and the techs picked up on the dot being a different colour so it must be to do with your latest incident etc.....

I will prob get the water damage waffle if i ever need support, seen as i ditched mine awhile back :'(

yep know about the indicator tape but can absolutely guarantee P3P never went out in rain . Only wet would be persperation from anxious moments; that's why diagnosis was 'interesting'.  
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, sorry for the confusion of the invoice, the drone was evaluated according to the actual status when we receive it, each product is evaluated objectively by the professional team, if you still have any concern of the quotation, we will help to escalate to the team to double evaluate, please let us know if you would like to get it returned unrepaired or escalate for double evaluation? Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sky wombat Posted at 12-14 19:29
Wouldn't get too excited as DJI told me that my P3P was water damaged. I found this a little strange because all the tree leaves were definitely dry when I flew into it.I'm still trying to work that one out but either they evaluated the wrong P3P or the apprentice was doing the work.

Hi sky wombat, may I have your case number so that we can check more details of the evaluation for further support? Thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-14 23:45
Hi sky wombat, may I have your case number so that we can check more details of the evaluation for further support? Thank you.

nah not an issue DJI Mindy as too long ago  but thanks for offer. I ended up with a new P4 then a new P3A when I discovered I had all this old P3 gear and nothing to use it in
I have all the parts to repair the P3P but somehow I keep putting it off but one day...
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sky wombat Posted at 12-15 00:04
nah not an issue DJI Mindy as too long ago  but thanks for offer. I ended up with a new P4 then a new P3A when I discovered I had all this old P3 gear and nothing to use it in
I have all the parts to repair the P3P but somehow I keep putting it off but one day...

Oh, sorry that I may misunderstand your previous post, good to know you got a new Phantom 4 and Phantom 3 Advanced, if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-12-15
Use props
fans0e13e0df
lvl.2
United States

Hello Mindy, no, I would like to return my drone.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0e13e0df Posted at 12-16 18:44
Hello Mindy, no, I would like to return my drone.

Alright, we have informed the team to return the drone without repair as soon as possible, please wait patiently for the email notification of the tracking number.
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules