10387 32 2018-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3219537 ft
  • >>>
Canada

after activating and updating the firmware on my osmo pocket,  that I received today,  is not functioning properly.  The gimbal keeps getting an overheating error.  The “protecting gimbal, press to resume “ message keeps appearing.  The gimbal won’t stay level.  

Anyone else have this?
2018-12-14
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Also the “reset gimbal’ message appears occasionally.
2018-12-14
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

The post Here also talks about the same grinding sound I have with my osmo pocket.
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, I will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patient and understanding is highly appreciate.
2018-12-15
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-15 13:51
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding your concern, I will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patient and understanding is highly appreciate.

Would you like me to post a video of this happening?  Should I get in touch again with support?

Thanks.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FlyBy9876 Posted at 12-16 15:30
Would you like me to post a video of this happening?  Should I get in touch again with support?

Thanks.

Hi. Yes please, so I can forward this video also. Thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
Stefan#92
lvl.1
Germany

Hello, I have a similar problem. The gimbal of my Osmo Pocket is not aligned, even a calibration or updating is not possible.

I recorded a video about it:[youtube]ydzhcAt3olM[/youtube]

Does anybody have the same Problem?

2018-12-17
Use props
fans53e3736f
New
Australia

Hi guys
Even I am having the same problem
It’s over heating and makes me very worried I just bought it 5 days ago I have made official email complain about this to dji support but haven’t got back of them, the shopkeeper told me they can only exchange the product if the dji gives them the authority to exchange, I am so disappointed by this and the service just 3 days old product turn to be faulty but couldn’t be exchanged with a new one. I had got other dji products too but never had an issue like this before, so disappointed and my holiday is coming soon I would be more stressed if I won’t be able to exchange on time.
2018-12-17
Use props
Sheeshah
New
Germany

sorry wrong thread
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Here is the video showing how the gimbal doesn't stay level and it overheats.

2018-12-17
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

There is also  slight sizzling noise when it first starts up.  I think there was someone else who had a similiar problem on another post.  I am not sure you can hear that noise in this video.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

FlyBy9876 Posted at 12-17 18:37
There is also  slight sizzling noise when it first starts up.  I think there was someone else who had a similiar problem on another post.  I am not sure you can hear that noise in this video.

Video not available
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyBy9876
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

I am referring to the above video I posted.  

Try this link https://youtu.be/aTgwp9gmNVA
2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Malaysia

FlyBy9876 Posted at 12-14 22:39

Mine just arrived yesterday.  It was fine.  But when I activated the Time-lapse and took my first timelaspse  video, it started overheating.  And now turning it on will lead to overheat.  The same warning appears.  I have to turn it off.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Malaysia

Mine just arrived yesterday.  It was fine.  But when I activated the Time-lapse and took my first timelaspse  video, it started overheating.  And now turning it on will lead to overheat.  The same warning appears.  I have to turn it off.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Malaysia

2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Malaysia

2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Malaysia

2018-12-17
Use props
fans7fe47188
lvl.1

Singapore

I am sorry for the multiple post just now.  It was my first time posting here and I hit the button a few times.  Btw, my heating problem went away by itself.  And the warning sign disappear.  
2018-12-22
Use props
Digimedia
lvl.1

Guadeloupe

Same problem !!!

I received mine on the 22th of december and it died on the 24th
2018-12-25
Use props
Asak45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43743 ft
Turkey

Mine just arrived today. It was fine until I activated it. I just took one picture and then it gives started overheating error. Now I can't use it. I don't know what am I supposed to do.
2018-12-25
Use props
fansc6854b4f
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Asak45 Posted at 12-25 13:03
Mine just arrived today. It was fine until I activated it. I just took one picture and then it gives started overheating error. Now I can't use it. I don't know what am I supposed to do.

Same problem here
2018-12-26
Use props
nikita ahdanufurqan Prapriatna
New
Indonesia

fans7fe47188 Posted at 2018-12-17 19:58

Yes , last night my osmo is damage too . The gimbal cant work like a normal .. i put my osmo to dji showroom .. hopefully they can fixed it .
2019-1-1
Use props
fans5551e916
New

Macao

Same here!! I just activated the device today and immediately upgraded the firmware before I even started using it.  It then got overheated and kept vibrating and the "gimbo" warning message came up.  I had to turn off the device and it keeps happening even I reset the device.

Can I get a resolution ASAP or can I send in the device for a replacement? Can someone advice what to do? Thanks.

2019-1-8
Use props
fans5551e916
New

Macao

fans5551e916 Posted at 1-8 08:36
Same here!! I just activated the device today and immediately upgraded the firmware before I even started using it.  It then got overheated and kept vibrating and the "gimbo" warning message came up.  I had to turn off the device and it keeps happening even I reset the device.

Can I get a resolution ASAP or can I send in the device for a replacement? Can someone advice what to do? Thanks.

*I bought the device from the official DJI website and there is no flagship/ DJI shops in Macau...*
2019-1-8
Use props
fans88deb6af
New
Japan

Hi DJI
Got my OSMO pocket about a couple of weeks ago and it’s getting hot after less than a couple of minutes of shooting.
I noticed another problem that after it gets hot the camera will stop recording anything after if you press the record button.
Could you help me with this problem
2019-1-9
Use props
Alex Uzan
lvl.1

France

I’m not surprised to hear about overheating issue.

Mine is getting really warm after only 5 minutes
2019-1-12
Use props
egargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

I bought osmo pocket for a few days and I use it with iphone 6 IOs version 12.2. After initial enthusiasm, I started doing some tests. and here the problems started.
1) the connector for the smartphone has broken on the first day of use and, therefore, I ask you, if it is possible, the urgent sending of a new connector because the OP without iphone is very limited
2) in the meantime to have the new connector, in the previous email I asked the Support because the Mimo app does not start by connecting the OP through the lower USB-C port to the lightning socket of the iPhone but starts importing the iPhone files on the OP.
3) after the automatic calibration the horizon is not blown but slightly inclined
4) the video footage is not fluid even if I am still and I only move with my hand
What corrections can I use? Or is my osmo having some problems and, therefore, must be replaced?
2019-1-14
Use props
sherryamber
New

China

When it was just sitting on my desk last month, the camera Gambal moved like madness and overheated, which was a signal of needing calibration. I did a gimbal calibration. It returns to normal.
2019-1-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

egargiulo Posted at 1-14 07:20
I bought osmo pocket for a few days and I use it with iphone 6 IOs version 12.2. After initial enthusiasm, I started doing some tests. and here the problems started.
1) the connector for the smartphone has broken on the first day of use and, therefore, I ask you, if it is possible, the urgent sending of a new connector because the OP without iphone is very limited
2) in the meantime to have the new connector, in the previous email I asked the Support because the Mimo app does not start by connecting the OP through the lower USB-C port to the lightning socket of the iPhone but starts importing the iPhone files on the OP.

iOS 12.2 is still in beta 1 do you really want to test your new camera on a phone running the first version of a beta OS?
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_DtbjrMlyv5mZ
New
Indonesia

Alex Uzan Posted at 1-12 17:50
I’m not surprised to hear about overheating issue.

Mine is getting really warm after only 5 minutes

yes I have this problem too... but the DJI store said it is normal even after I show them directly how hot it is... the store also said that my Osmo Pocket have a Singapore warranty because I bought it online  instead of Europe warranty so they wont process any complaint.... I didnt know anything about this Official Warranty being country depended so some warranty cannot be claimed..... is there anything that I could do to claim the warrany?
2019-6-28
Use props
djiuser_DtbjrMlyv5mZ
New
Indonesia

djiuser_DtbjrMlyv5mZ Posted at 6-28 21:18
yes I have this problem too... but the DJI store said it is normal even after I show them directly how hot it is... the store also said that my Osmo Pocket have a Singapore warranty because I bought it online  instead of Europe warranty so they wont process any complaint.... I didnt know anything about this Official Warranty being country depended so some warranty cannot be claimed..... is there anything that I could do to claim the warrany?

also is there anyway to check the warranty status online?

thanks before
2019-6-28
Use props
freak6767
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74334 ft
France

Hi,

Again, what's the news following all these issues you guys came across?
Did you get a replacement that now works perfectly?
Did you solve the issue?

There must be perfectly working Osmo Pocket unit out there surely, no?
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules