1015 15 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
georgieB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33212 ft
Philippines

Hi,

I am planning to buy the freewell phone holder for the RC.  I want to connect my android micro usb phone (note 4) to the side port of the RC but the cable that came with the mavic air is too short.  Is there such a special cable (the side port doesn't look like a regular micro usb android port, and I'm afraid to use the micro usb phone cable that came with my phone).  Is there a difference using the usb port at the bottom of the RC?  Please advise and thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
allex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28110 ft
Russia

Hi georgie,

"Is there such a special cable (the side port doesn't look like a regular micro usb android port"

It is the regular mirco USB, just DJI used this strange shape for some reason... I'm always charging RC on this port using normal micro USB cable.
So don't be afraid, just plug in correct orientation.

"Is there a difference using the usb port at the bottom of the RC?"

No, you can connect RC to you phone using the bottom USB port as well.
2018-12-15
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

I always use the Regular USB data cable for my mavic air.
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

AMZPOW Posted at 12-15 01:37
I always use the Regular USB data cable for my mavic air.

Thanks for your reply.  Just curios, is there such a cable, micro usb to micro usb that would plug to an android phone and then to the micro usb port on the side of the RC not the regular USB port at the bottom?
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

allex Posted at 12-15 01:29
Hi georgie,

"Is there such a special cable (the side port doesn't look like a regular micro usb android port"

Thank you very much Alex...that's what I hoped.
2018-12-15
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

georgieB Posted at 12-15 01:41
Thanks for your reply.  Just curios, is there such a cable, micro usb to micro usb that would plug to an android phone and then to the micro usb port on the side of the RC not the regular USB port at the bottom?

you can have a try to search "dji mavic air cable" on amazon or ebay (something like that), I think you can find that cable you need.
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

AMZPOW Posted at 12-15 02:01
you can have a try to search "dji mavic air cable" on amazon or ebay (something like that), I think you can find that cable you need.

Thanks again
2018-12-15
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Ukraine

georgieB Posted at 12-15 01:41
Thanks for your reply.  Just curios, is there such a cable, micro usb to micro usb that would plug to an android phone and then to the micro usb port on the side of the RC not the regular USB port at the bottom?

Like this one?

https://allegro.pl/kabel-rc-micr ... 1M2NkZjQxNzExNTM%3D
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Georgie. Please don't worry, you can actually use the Regular Micro USB Cable that came with your phone. However, we still recommend you to use the Micro USB cable that came with the Mavic Air for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

Corvus monedula Posted at 12-15 05:55
Like this one?

https://allegro.pl/kabel-rc-micro-usb-do-tableta-oplot-dji-mavic-pro-i7040180704.html?snapshot=MjAxOC0wOS0yMVQxMjo0NjoyNS45MDBaO2J1eWVyOzg3NzI5ZTc2NzI1ZDJlNDNhYTE1MmNkYmU0OTViZGI5YmMwZWJlMWVlNmJmZDdiMmQ4NGQ1M2NkZjQxNzExNTM%3D

that's exactly it Corvus...thank you
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-15 12:19
Hi there, Georgie. Please don't worry, you can actually use the Regular Micro USB Cable that came with your phone. However, we still recommend you to use the Micro USB cable that came with the Mavic Air for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Thank you Natalia
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

You're most welcome, Georgie.
2018-12-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The reason the USB port on the controller doesn't look normal is because it's a Micro-A instead of the usual Micro-B everyone's used to. For who knows what reason, DJI is using the Micro-A on all of their Mavic series controllers (maybe they got a truckload at a fire sale). The Micro-B male plug will go into the Micro-A port and work, problem is, it's really easy to break the port if you're not careful.
Here's a description of the various types if you're interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_(Physical)
2018-12-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nah, you can just use the micro usb cable that came with your phone, everything will work well
2018-12-15
Use props
georgieB
lvl.4
Philippines

jacksonnai Posted at 12-15 18:26
Nah, you can just use the micro usb cable that came with your phone, everything will work well

Thank you jacksonnai
2018-12-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

georgieB Posted at 12-15 18:35
Thank you jacksonnai

You're welcome
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced