2133 17 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

HELP
I just bought a Mavic pro 2 and I am getting horrible flickering and flashing on the video. I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. I have read several post and what other people describe is not the same as my problem.
Here is link to video - I am looking to the experts for help. Is it a camera problem, a setting problem, a memory card problem or what?

2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for having this issue with your Mavic 2 Pro. Are you having this issues most of the time? If this phenomenon persists after several attempts, I may need to ask for the brand or make of your SD card? SD cards with capacity up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3 cards are ideal for the Mavic 2 Pro. Recommended cards are listed below for your reference. You may also switch the storage location to internal storage. If internal storage is enabled but videos still flicker, we strongly suggest to send in the aircraft. Please do reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

2018-12-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What’s your device that you fly with? And what is the DJI go app version that you have?
Also are you using a class 10 sd card?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5
lvl.3
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-15 12:14
What’s your device that you fly with? And what is the DJI go app version that you have?
Also are you using a class 10 sd card?

I have a samsung j3 I think. Its an older phone. The DJI GO4 app. I havent double checked the SD card yet. I am working nights so didnt have time today. I am going to upgrade to a tablet for flying as soon as the attachment comes. I am beginning to think it is my equipment holding me back and not the aircraft. which is good. I can fix my problems!!
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-15 02:04
Hi, we do apologize for having this issue with your Mavic 2 Pro. Are you having this issues most of the time? If this phenomenon persists after several attempts, I may need to ask for the brand or make of your SD card? SD cards with capacity up to 128 GB and R/W speed up to UHS-I Speed Grade 3 cards are ideal for the Mavic 2 Pro. Recommended cards are listed below for your reference. You may also switch the storage location to internal storage. If internal storage is enabled but videos still flicker, we strongly suggest to send in the aircraft. Please do reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the information. I will double check the SD card. I believe it is a sandisk 64g that came with the flymore kit.
2018-12-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5 Posted at 12-15 15:10
I have a samsung j3 I think. Its an older phone. The DJI GO4 app. I havent double checked the SD card yet. I am working nights so didnt have time today. I am going to upgrade to a tablet for flying as soon as the attachment comes. I am beginning to think it is my equipment holding me back and not the aircraft. which is good. I can fix my problems!!

I’m sorry to say this, but Samsung j3 is not compatible with the versions of the app that run the mavic 2
Your only solution is to get a much better device.
Take note, if it’s android, then you should have a device with at least 4gb of ram,
It’s different for iOS.
For example, I have an iPad air2 and it runs the latest app versions perfectly.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5
lvl.3
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-15 16:09
I’m sorry to say this, but Samsung j3 is not compatible with the versions of the app that run the mavic 2
Your only solution is to get a much better device.
Take note, if it’s android, then you should have a device with at least 4gb of ram,

That explains so much. I have a small tablet (andriod) but don't have the details on that. I got it last year and its been in the box since then. I appreciate your assistance.
2018-12-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5 Posted at 12-15 16:19
That explains so much. I have a small tablet (andriod) but don't have the details on that. I got it last year and its been in the box since then. I appreciate your assistance.

You are welcome.
Just know that you will need a powerful device if you want everything to fly smoothly

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_LjJW9fSAWJe5 Posted at 12-15 16:19
That explains so much. I have a small tablet (andriod) but don't have the details on that. I got it last year and its been in the box since then. I appreciate your assistance.

Hi, thanks for the updates. For additional advice, aside from changing the mobile device, you can check if the video will occur on the SD card to see if the issue will persist. Please keep us posted once you've tried a different device for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-16
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

Which device do you recommend?  Will an amazon fire work, or Samsung galaxy tab?
2018-12-18
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

Has anyone ever used a LG V40 for flying a drone? My J3 is not cutting it so I have to upgrade.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Paulie W. Posted at 12-18 11:35
Which device do you recommend?  Will an amazon fire work, or Samsung galaxy tab?

If you are talking about an android device, then the device needs to have at least 4gb of ram.
I think amazon fire and Samsung galaxy tab have less than 4gb of ram, so they won’t work properly.
It’s different for iOS, as in its not needed to have 4gb of ram like for android.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Paulie W. Posted at 12-19 09:32
Has anyone ever used a LG V40 for flying a drone? My J3 is not cutting it so I have to upgrade.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks

I think that if it has at least 4gb of ram , then it should be good to fly the mavic 2.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

I borrowed my daughters Samsung Galaxy S9 - this is results. Time for an upgrade!
2018-12-19
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

Looking at the LG V40 - if anyone has one let me know how it works.
2018-12-19
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

Well the LGV40 besides being a phone with 5 cameras in itself - is also good for operating my Mavic Pro 2 - watch out photography world.
2019-1-2
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Paulie W. Posted at 1-2 06:32
LG V40 and Mavic Pro 2

Well the LGV40 besides being a phone with 5 cameras in itself - is also good for operating my Mavic Pro 2 - watch out photography world.

Good job troubleshooting. I was going to suggest, borrow better device from someone and see how it goes, so you don’t buy something new and have same problems. Happy flying
2019-1-2
Use props
Paulie W.
lvl.3
United States

There is actually a funny story there. I went to my local sprint store and was talking to my good buddy at the store. He would not let me use the store model phone to test the drone. He says I know one guy that would possibly let you use his LG V40. But he just had surgery.... 2 minutes later that guy walked into the store. He was a little dumbfounded when I asked him about borrowing his phone, but he allowed me to fly my drone in the sprint store. It worked great and now I have one.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules