Osmo Pocket Clicks when Panning
1258 8 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just received my Osmo Pocket direct from DJI, I managed to register and update the firmware ok, but when the device pans it consistently makes an audible click when moving clockwise at a certain point (approx. 30 degrees, with 0 degrees facing forward and 180 degrees facing user) - the click happens regardless of whether or not the device is powered on. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm assuming the unit I received is defective but the online chat isn't open until Monday. I really wish I had bought it from a UK supplier, as I imagine having this unit replaced will be a hassle and will result in me not having a replacement until after Christmas. I may see about returning this unit for a refund and just buying from a UK supplier.
2018-12-15
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I must be extremely unlucky to receive a clicking OP - from the lack of replies (and searching online), nobody else appears to have this issue!
2018-12-15
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just to update anyone with a similar issue, I contacted DJI online support and explained the issue, they then had me email details to a different department to arrange the return of the OP for a refund. It took a couple of days to be emailed the returns label, so now I can send it back and hopefully receive a full refund. Not the best first impression of a new product, but these things happen.
2018-12-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

PG73 Posted at 12-19 14:49
Just to update anyone with a similar issue, I contacted DJI online support and explained the issue, they then had me email details to a different department to arrange the return of the OP for a refund. It took a couple of days to be emailed the returns label, so now I can send it back and hopefully receive a full refund. Not the best first impression of a new product, but these things happen.

Good feedback... thanks for posting.  Nice to see you got a favorable response from the online support.  (One of the reasons I always suggest it when a forum member isn't getting help ... here )
2018-12-19
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 12-19 14:58
Good feedback... thanks for posting.  Nice to see you got a favorable response from the online support.  (One of the reasons I always suggest it when a forum member isn't getting help ... here )

It was my first experience of using the DJI online support and was connected with someone straight away, which was a positive first impression (of the service, not the OP obviously).
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback from our product. We're sorry to know that you've ended up processing a refund with our product. Will forward this scenario to our team for them to check on our end to see if this will occur? Thank you for the support.
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_hAm7Gctr2nBH
New
Portugal

Hi guys, I just bought my Osmo Pocket and I have the exact same issue, it clicks not once but twice during pan, regardless of power on or off. Will have to return it.
2018-12-23
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_hAm7Gctr2nBH Posted at 12-23 14:56
Hi guys, I just bought my Osmo Pocket and I have the exact same issue, it clicks not once but twice during pan, regardless of power on or off. Will have to return it.

You must be doubly as lucky as I was to have two clicks instead of just one! ;)
2018-12-23
Use props
user1a666f273e
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry to hear about your issues. Just to let you know my pocket makes no clicks at all. It's silky smooth on all axis.
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules