Import 4K into IPhone 8 Plus
12682 39 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansec9b6eb4
lvl.1
United States

Love taking 4K video with new Osmo Pocket but importing into iPhone 8 Plus is not working. Tried direct connect via pocket lighting adapter and taking SD card our and using lightning/card cable. Limitation to the phone? Available work around?
2018-12-15
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Is it in 4k60p? 4k30p apparently will import but 4k60p wont, it's a limitation on the Apple side apparently.
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_1XXYQS1dA9tz
lvl.1
United States

How can this be on Apple’s side? I’m able to transfer 4k 60fps at 100mbps from my Panasonic LUMIX G9 to my iPad Pro, iPhone, etc., but for some reason cannot send over Osmo Pocket clips at the same frame rate. I use LumaFusion to edit on iPad Pro, and thought the Osmo Pocket would be a great little additional camera, but the files won’t load or send over via airdrop. Does anyone know what’s happening here???
2018-12-15
Use props
djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl
lvl.1
Netherlands

djiuser_1XXYQS1dA9tz Posted at 12-15 10:32
How can this be on Apple’s side? I’m able to transfer 4k 60fps at 100mbps from my Panasonic LUMIX G9 to my iPad Pro, iPhone, etc., but for some reason cannot send over Osmo Pocket clips at the same frame rate. I use LumaFusion to edit on iPad Pro, and thought the Osmo Pocket would be a great little additional camera, but the files won’t load or send over via airdrop. Does anyone know what’s happening here???
Its an osmo pocket problem as dji commented to Solve Some of this in ther next version of the app. For iPhone 8 4K 30 fps might become Possible. No commitment voor 4k 60 fps not even for the X. Sending mine back Tomorrow.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We will forward the situation to our team to determine and be able to provide the information on what caused on this scenario. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-18
Use props
Cedman
lvl.1
Canada

I cannot even do 4K30.  If I drop the file on my mac and airdrop, they works, so it's not an issue with the file itself.  Please fix this issue, it is critical for such a device to be able to send the recorded clips, no matter format, back to mobile device.  That's the whole point of this device to many ppl I would say!!  This breaks my workflow now because I have to pull the mac just to transfer files into my ipad for editing.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl
lvl.1
Netherlands

Cedman Posted at 12-18 15:28
I cannot even do 4K30.  If I drop the file on my mac and airdrop, they works, so it's not an issue with the file itself.  Please fix this issue, it is critical for such a device to be able to send the recorded clips, no matter format, back to mobile device.  That's the whole point of this device to many ppl I would say!!  This breaks my workflow now because I have to pull the mac just to transfer files into my ipad for editing.

This is a known problem.
804BD504-ACE6-4D57-9ED9-42B0B90D7707.png
2018-12-18
Use props
Jimgo1
New
United States

I have called both DGI and Apple.  No one seems to be able to help with the 4K download issues on iOS devices .  A friend and I spent about three hours at the Apple store today talking with their DG
2018-12-18
Use props
Jimgo1
New
United States

I have spoken with tech-support at both the DJI and Apple.  And no help so far.   A friend and I spent 3+ hours at the Apple Genius Bar with someone who flies lots of your drones.    We tried downloading from the app, we tried downloading from the Osmo pocket, and we tried downloading from the SD card. All to no avail. We were able to down 1080p at any frame rate.  We did try an all of iPhone models and iPad current models again to no avail
2018-12-18
Use props
Cedman
lvl.1
Canada

Great, but it is a known issue with the software or the firmware?  This should be a highest priority of the fixes I would assume so.  I have an iphone 8 and it didn't work for me, so if they problem is with older iphone that only leaves the XS XMax and XR to be working at all, is that true?
2018-12-20
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190161 ft
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-15 10:01
Is it in 4k60p? 4k30p apparently will import but 4k60p wont, it's a limitation on the Apple side apparently.

I will be interest to know how do you import 4K30p into an Apple Phone.
2018-12-20
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

opnwong Posted at 12-20 15:06
I will be interest to know how do you import 4K30p into an Apple Phone.

I haven't tried myself, but I think you have to either hook up the OP with a USB-C to Lightning cable (bottom USB-C on the OP) or use a lightning card reader. Both allow you access to the actual full size recordings and DNG for photos as well.

I don't have a USB-C - lightning cable so can't test that, but I do have a lightning SD card reader somewhere so I'll give that a bash tonight on my iPhone 6S
2018-12-21
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89852 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve just imported a 4K 60 (59.94) FPS video from the Osmo Pocket onto a WD my passport wireless. From there I imported it directly into LumaFusion on my iPad Pro where it worked perfectly.
2018-12-21
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansceed7082 Posted at 12-21 02:17
I’ve just imported a 4K 60 (59.94) FPS video from the Osmo Pocket onto a WD my passport wireless. From there I imported it directly into LumaFusion on my iPad Pro where it worked perfectly.

LumaFusion can handle more file types than iOS direct. I've heard reports of people not able to import 4k into iOS direct but can into LumaFusion. They then get a message to say that the 4k60 they produce will not be supported by iOS. Have you seen the same?
2018-12-21
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It seems that 4K 60fps footage behaves in LumaFusion but cannot be exported! That’s nuts!
2018-12-21
Use props
fansceed7082
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It seems that 4K 60fps footage behaves in LumaFusion but cannot be exported! That’s nuts!
2018-12-21
Use props
fansec9b6eb4
lvl.1
United States

fansceed7082 Posted at 12-21 02:17
I’ve just imported a 4K 60 (59.94) FPS video from the Osmo Pocket onto a WD my passport wireless. From there I imported it directly into LumaFusion on my iPad Pro where it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the continued update and insights here. Very helpful.
2018-12-21
Use props
fansec9b6eb4
lvl.1
United States

Just downloaded Luma on my iPad Pro 10.5. Now perhaps I need to buy that drive to act as my bridge. Thanks for info.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

we fix 4k30 download to iphone8 when next Mimo app updates
2018-12-21
Use props
Dave_bass5
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No issues here downloading 4K60 files to my iphone 8plus using a Lexar micro SD to lightning adapter. Ive also found that the Osmo’s USB-C port is only running at USB2 speeds, so a card reader in to an iPad Pro is much, much faster.
2018-12-21
Use props
fansec9b6eb4
lvl.1
United States

Dave_bass5 Posted at 12-21 14:26
No issues here downloading 4K60 files to my iphone 8plus using a Lexar micro SD to lightning adapter. Ive also found that the Osmo’s USB-C port is only running at USB2 speeds, so a card reader in to an iPad Pro is much, much faster.

Is there something unique/special about that micro SD brand/model. I’ve tried my Sammy micro with lighting reader and it didn’t work.
2018-12-22
Use props
opnwong
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190161 ft
United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-21 02:39
LumaFusion can handle more file types than iOS direct. I've heard reports of people not able to import 4k into iOS direct but can into LumaFusion. They then get a message to say that the 4k60 they produce will not be supported by iOS. Have you seen the same?

When you manage to import the 4K files into your iPhone, please start a new thread and share!
2018-12-22
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

I managed to import the 4k (both at 30 and 60fps) into my iPhone 7 through iCloud Photo Library.
They work fine in the stock photos app, however the DJI MIMO app still doesn't display them at all.
2018-12-23
Use props
fans3b021e5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84337 ft
Australia

The_Pedro Posted at 2018-12-23 11:13
I managed to import the 4k (both at 30 and 60fps) into my iPhone 7 through iCloud Photo Library.
They work fine in the stock photos app, however the DJI MIMO app still doesn't display them at all.

You will find that iCloud/your phone will down-sample the 4K 60 files to a 720p file when it is on the iPhone.
2019-1-1
Use props
Poojap
lvl.3
United States

Will 4k at any framerate be supported on the iPhone 7? This is something that should have been disclosed to consumers in specifications, along with informing consumers about all of the features that would be removed from the Mimo app upon release. Overall I'm disappointed that DJI's marketing was so dishonest in order to drive up pre-orders.
2019-1-2
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

From much Googling, it seems iOS only handles 4k60p natively (ie not using iCloud or LumaFusion as a conduit) if it is in HEVC (H.265) and not AVC (H.264). The OP outputs in the older H.264 which is probably why iOS devices won't import it.
2019-1-4
Use props
djiuser_kTsPtJGwlnVl
New
United States

DJI, I am really trying to like the Osmo Pocket, but you are not helping. I spent the day shooting in 4k60 only to realize, when I got hone, that it won’t download to my iPhone 8 plus. What a bummer. Please fix this fast!
2019-1-7
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

fans3b021e5c Posted at 1-1 19:06
You will find that iCloud/your phone will down-sample the 4K 60 files to a 720p file when it is on the iPhone.

Actually it doesn't seem to be the case, since trying to edit the synced videos in the DJI Mimo app prompts the following message: "Editing 4k videos not supported"

I read about some users having that issue in the past, so I do understand where you're coming from.
2019-1-14
Use props
Cedman
lvl.1
Canada

Updated app, updated firmware. same problem.

Hero 7 blacks works from day 1.  DJI please fix this.
413DBDF8-14D5-4B6E-BB2D-EAD9E0AD44B2.png
2019-1-14
Use props
Cedman
lvl.1
Canada

I guess DJI Rep doesn't really want to respond to this?
2019-1-17
Use props
fans805b3a92
New

United States

After spending several days attempting to transfer my 4K 60fps footage from Osmo Pocket to my IPhone 6, I finally achieved by uploading the footage to my google drive and then sharing to Facebook messenger in which I was able to save to my photo album from there.
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans805b3a92 Posted at 1-21 20:21
After spending several days attempting to transfer my 4K 60fps footage from Osmo Pocket to my IPhone 6, I finally achieved by uploading the footage to my google drive and then sharing to Facebook messenger in which I was able to save to my photo album from there.

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience that it caused. DJI Mimo can download 4K videos to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums will check a video’s resolution, frame rate, bit rate, and format when users are saving the video to the album when 4K 60fps+H.264 +high bit rate videos are downloaded, iPhone will reject the video. As a result, Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.  At present, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps videos. Thank you for the understanding.
2019-1-22
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Hi, tested it today. Take your micro sd-card and store with card-reader your 4k files to icloud drive. With PC or Mac. Then import the files with LumaTouch.
All videos in 4k 60 fps are working fine, on iPad Pro anf iPhone 6s plus.

Ttrilles
2019-1-23
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Also I have stored the files with the charging data usb-c cable onto my MacPro and my Qnap NAS. All files are playing with my iPad Pro with the qfile app from Qnap over network as smooth as possible.
4k 60 fps! With my iPone 6s+ too.

T.
2019-1-24
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Another trick, if you have the videos transferred on your Mac or PC, you can store them on your icloud drive.
Then go to your phone ore iPad, select the video on your icloud drive, share it then to a shared photo folder in the photo app.

Then you can play the videos with your IOS device.

If there is the message - download error - you have to wait for the complete download from icloud drive.

Just tested with iPhone 6s plus and iPad Pro.

T.
2019-1-25
Use props
kbayik
lvl.2
Qatar

fansceed7082 Posted at 2018-12-21 02:52

Hi fansceed7082, Just bought an DJI Osmo Pocket and I am so upset now.

Now I am considering buying a WD Wireless to transfer 4k 60fps to Lumafusion to find a workaround to 4k 60fps issue.

But can I edit these files and then save the end result as a 4k 60fps on Lumafison at the end? It seems you are the only one on forums to have experience on this subject.

Million thanks in advance
2019-2-4
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

You can also play 4k 60 fps videos after export from lumafusion to icloud drive or your foto folder but !!! this is urgent:

Don't export the file with higher bitrate then 25 Mbit/sec.. The files from OP have a bitrate of 80 - 100 Mbit.
This is the reason, why there are problems with IOS. I have test it with all possible bitrates of lumafusion.
There is no need to use such high bitrates for the end result.

T.
2019-2-4
Use props
TrixxTech
lvl.1

Egypt

Cedman Posted at 2018-12-20 14:31
Great, but it is a known issue with the software or the firmware?  This should be a highest priority of the fixes I would assume so.  I have an iphone 8 and it didn't work for me, so if they problem is with older iphone that only leaves the XS XMax and XR to be working at all, is that true?

am on iphone xs and xs max and i can't transfer 4K directly from my osmo pocket
2019-2-15
Use props
TrixxTech
lvl.1

Egypt

Great, but it is a known issue with the software or the firmware?  This should be a highest priority of the fixes I would assume so.  I have an iphone 8 and it didn't work for me, so if they problem is with older iphone that only leaves the XS XMax and XR to be working at all, is that true?

2019-2-15
Use props
TrixxTech
lvl.1

Egypt

2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules