Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus Issues
5233 55 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans990dd5f1
lvl.1

United States

BrianKushner Posted at 12-18 02:09
Yeah I can't find it either although someone else is saying it does they haven't produced how.

There is a setting to save original time-lapse photos so I imagine if they are full resolution they could be formatted for a 4 k timelapse.
2018-12-18
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,  if you set AFS and the focus point (say "infinity" or distant ....) if you power off and on does it remember the last focus point or do you need to tap the screen every time you power it off and on in AFC mode?  Thanks.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jannistmb Posted at 12-17 12:19
Thank you for your reply but i gived back my osmo pocket to the local store and i bought osmo mobile 2.

That is OK, we just want to apologize for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, we will keep improving our products to make our customers have a better experience.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans348db79d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

I did got my Osmo Pocket yesterday.
Tried to film some indoor and outdoor but i have the same problems!
The focus is really, really  bad. When i film something close, it takes a while when it focus.
When i start panning to something in the distance, and stop my panning, after this it does take a second before the focus wakes up and it want to try set a new focus.
And when it does, it is very very slow.
When i use my iPhone X it focus at close range and when i pan to something in the distance the focus is already finished before i stop my panning.
The Osmo Pocket is finished after 2 seconds when i already stopped my panning move.
Because of this,80% of the filmed data is blurry, not in focus when panning with the Osmo Pocket.
When use AFS, and tapping the screen every time, looks much faster with setting the focus. But that's not great, continues tapping the screen when make a panning shot to get good footage.

Hope there will be an update soon, else i need to return it. My iPhone X makes much better, in focus, footage then the Osmo. I really hoped it was the way around.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Heavenone Posted at 12-17 02:38
Hi Mindyi
I posted this example christmas market, low light test.
1080 50p, all auto, afc, no post production, latest firmware...

Hi Heavenone, thanks for the video, this issue has been forwarded to our engineers for attention, if there is any update, I will keep you posted.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fridh Posted at 12-17 02:42
Here you go.
I run the latest firmware and this is shot with AFC. The camera was standing on a table. You can clearly see the focus pumping.
https://youtu.be/780tR67GJDI

Hi ridh, sorry to know you have the same issue, this situation has been escalated to our engineers for attention, we will keep optimizing Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-18
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-18 04:35
Hi ridh, sorry to know you have the same issue, this situation has been escalated to our engineers for attention, we will keep optimizing Osmo Pocket.

Hi Mindy,

I've also been having this issue, here's a quick video showing it, you can see the focus continually pumps. I've also noticed when you touch the screen to set a focus point, after a few seconds it will jump back to the middle and every couple of seconds will flash, could it mean that the focus point flashing simulates a touch on the screen and that's why it tries to refocus?

Anyway this is a video to send to the relevant people!

2018-12-18
Use props
willyw
lvl.1
Netherlands

As I understand it, you need the MIMO app to switch between AFC and AFS. IMHO this setting should be available in the device firmware. I bought the Osmo Pocket because it is small and designed to be operated with one hand. I never use it with a smartphone.
2018-12-18
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Sadly i see many user are dealing with the same issues i hope Dji will support them in the next update because its not acceptable for a new product to have so many issues!
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

spicemeister Posted at 12-18 04:53
Hi Mindy,

I've also been having this issue, here's a quick video showing it, you can see the focus continually pumps. I've also noticed when you touch the screen to set a focus point, after a few seconds it will jump back to the middle and every couple of seconds will flash, could it mean that the focus point flashing simulates a touch on the screen and that's why it tries to refocus?

Hi spicemeister, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will keep optimizing the focus quality, please note the future firmware update, thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi all, we apologize if you have the focus issue especially under AFC, our engineers are working on optimizing it and please note the future firmware upgrade, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.
2018-12-20
Use props
spicemeister
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 23:16
Hi spicemeister, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will keep optimizing the focus quality, please note the future firmware update, thank you.

Thanks for your reply and good to see you guys are working on it and keeping us updated. When you say 'please note the future firmware update' , does this mean we will see one soon?
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

spicemeister Posted at 12-21 05:02
Thanks for your reply and good to see you guys are working on it and keeping us updated. When you say 'please note the future firmware update' , does this mean we will see one soon?

We do not have an estimated date yet, there will be the release notes each time when the new firmware is released, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-23
Use props
zu1
lvl.3

Japan

fridh Posted at 2018-12-17 02:42
Here you go.
I run the latest firmware and this is shot with AFC. The camera was standing on a table. You can clearly see the focus pumping.
https://youtu.be/780tR67GJDI

Is the new FW (1/7) is used?  
2019-1-7
Use props
Deslemon
New
Australia

Heading towards mid January and firmware updates have not fixed the focus pumping issue for me as of yet. Unfortunately unless this issue is rectified in the near future I will be returning my unit for a refund.

Its hard to understand how DJI can not be acting with extreme urgency on this issue. I'm starting to think that maybe the hardware is flawed by design and may not be fixable by firmware?
2019-1-9
Use props
baire
lvl.1
Italy

Hi All!
Also in my case the focus of the OP is really really a bad thing!
As said by other users also my iphone 7 have a much faster autofocus functionality. And i would never imagined that a camera made only for this functions had this type of problem that a 150's € phone don't have (and with that i can do a lot of more things than rec a video or do some photos....).

Those are 2 examples of a bad autofocus (in both the camera suddenly lost the focus) and those video are unusable.... (those tests was made with the last firmware of january)
I can't use the camera but the 14 days of refund are out...
I hope you fix this or, if it's an hardware limitation, give us the possibility to give back the camera and have my money back.
Thank you
Bye
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules