Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unable to download footage to iPhone X
7574 24 2018-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7209efd
lvl.1
United States

I’m using iPhoneX with the latest iOS connecting with the OP (Osmo Pocket) with the updated firmware. Here is my video setting: 4K, 60FPS, 60Hz Anti-flick, Auto white Balance and auto IOS/shutter speed.  My iPhone X is connected to the OP. I was able to playback the footage but, when I try to download it, I kept getting this pop up error message. (I attached the image of the screen shot).
Now when I popped the SD card and downloaded to the computer instead, I was able to do that but the footage came out choppy or stutter. The audio was smooth but the image was stutter. This experience was not seen during the playback with iPhone X Connected to the OP.
So in short, my issue is: I cannot download the footage directly to the phone that is connected to the OP. I could however download the footage by using the SD card reader inserting in my computer, but the footage playback is not smooth and out of sync with the audio.

Does anyone have any issue like this????
93750B0A-DF70-498F-B38F-BAA6CAFEAF8A.jpeg
2018-12-15
Use props
weye
New
United States

I have the exact same issue! I am unable to download any 4k video to my iPhone 8 plus.  I don't care about editing it in the app, I just want to save it to my phone camera roll.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?  
2018-12-15
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

weye Posted at 12-15 16:55
I have the exact same issue! I am unable to download any 4k video to my iPhone 8 plus.  I don't care about editing it in the app, I just want to save it to my phone camera roll.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?

4K 60FPS is the iSSUE!  If you change the setting something else works fine.. I was able to download the footage with no problem. But when I change back to the 4k at 60fps that's when the message popped up and refused to download the footage to my phone.  My main problem is now the AFC.  Most of my footage came out blurry--not useable.  This thing has issue with focusing. I really try hard to like it because of the size and convenience but the AFC issue will kill it! Hope yours experience is better!
2018-12-15
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Just a guess, but it could be that the iPhone requires HEVC for 4K60 and the Osmo currently doesn't output HEVC
2018-12-15
Use props
fanse53a80ee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1520935 ft
United States

I have the same problem with my iPhone X max as well. I am hoping that this can be resolved through a software issue soon from DJI. This is a pretty big problem not being able to download the videos quickly without using a computer.
2018-12-15
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

Vermifuge Posted at 12-15 22:12
Just a guess, but it could be that the iPhone requires HEVC for 4K60 and the Osmo currently doesn't output HEVC

nope..thats not it. Good thinking though.  I tried but got same error message.
2018-12-16
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Vermifuge Posted at 12-15 22:12

This appears to be the case. iPhone and iPad doesnt like the DJI 4k60p files at all. Hopefully we'll see HEVC at some point on the OP but it depends on how they are encoding the footage on the device. If its a dedicated hardware accelerated encoder then they may not be able to update it to do HEVC.  
2018-12-16
Use props
ESMP
lvl.1
United States

Came to conclusion: Till the another firmware update, I'm gonna just shoot at 4k/30 with relatively slow hand movement which seems to offset the auto focus issue, not eliminate it but minimize it. The small form factor and convenient win over these short coming issues, which soon will be improved by newer firmware or so I hope.!
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl
lvl.1
Netherlands

ESMP Posted at 12-16 06:26
Came to conclusion: Till the another firmware update, I'm gonna just shoot at 4k/30 with relatively slow hand movement which seems to offset the auto focus issue, not eliminate it but minimize it. The small form factor and convenient win over these short coming issues, which soon will be improved by newer firmware or so I hope.!

Same error message. Tried all the resoluties. Anything above 1080p 30fps does not download to my iPhone 6S, iPhone 7 or iPad 2017.  Osmo pocket is useless for the audience it’s marketed at. Sending it back if DJI does not come with a solution. Im realy disapointed. Hoping it is a bug as no mention of this in the reviews i watched. For now i’m Reverting back to the 1080p 60 fps fotage from my 5 year old Sony AZ1.
2018-12-16
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl Posted at 12-16 07:57
Same error message. Tried all the resoluties. Anything above 1080p 30fps does not download to my iPhone 6S, iPhone 7 or iPad 2017.  Osmo pocket is useless for the audience it’s marketed at. Sending it back if DJI does not come with a solution. Im realy disapointed. Hoping it is a bug as no mention of this in the reviews i watched. For now i’m Reverting back to the 1080p 60 fps fotage from my 5 year old Sony AZ1.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.  It does have a revocable SD card that seems to work in my laptop just fine.  
2018-12-16
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

ESMP Posted at 12-16 04:10
nope..thats not it. Good thinking though.  I tried but got same error message.

Are you using a 32GB or below memory card or is it 64GB or above?
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi ESMP, I have replied to your post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-173487-8-1.html
For iOS series mobile device, 4k, 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the APP at the moment, 4k,30FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8.
For the blurry issue, could you please upload a short sample video in the SD card to Dropbox or Google Driver and then post the link here so that we can download for further analysis? Thank you in advance.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

weye Posted at 12-15 16:55

Hi weye, for iPhone 8 Plus, we will support 4k, 24/25/30 FPS download feature in the next APP, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse53a80ee Posted at 12-15 22:51
I have the same problem with my iPhone X max as well. I am hoping that this can be resolved through a software issue soon from DJI. This is a pretty big problem not being able to download the videos quickly without using a computer.

Hello there, please check my post in 12#, please pay attention to our website of the future update, thank you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl Posted at 12-16 07:57

Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, for iOS series mobile device, 4k, 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the APP at the moment, 4k,30FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8.
Please download from the SD card at the moment, if there is any update in the future, we will let you know.
2018-12-16
Use props
weye
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-16 23:32
Hi weye, for iPhone 8 Plus, we will support 4k, 24/25/30 FPS download feature in the next APP, please wait patiently, thank you.

Awesome! thanks
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-16 23:37
Hi there, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, for iOS series mobile device, 4k, 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the APP at the moment, 4k,30FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8.
Please download from the SD card at the moment, if there is any update in the future, we will let you know.

Thanks DJI mindy,

A comprehensie overview of supported files per iOS device would help. I’m a iPhone 7 User and iPad 2017 user. What files does it support? Will the new mimo update help me?

Wil 4K 60fps ever be supported for iPhonex and 8?  Or do I need to wait for the iPhone 9?
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem, thanks for your patience.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DzxfoDrAhMtl Posted at 12-17 09:55
Thanks DJI mindy,

A comprehensie overview of supported files per iOS device would help. I’m a iPhone 7 User and iPad 2017 user. What files does it support? Will the new mimo update help me?

Hello there, no iPhone series support downloading 4K, 60FPS since H.264's the storage command will be rejected by the iPhone camera roll when detecting the resolution and frame rate.
Currently, only the iPhoneX, iPhone XR, iPhone XS and iPhone XS MAX support downloading 4K, 24/25/30 FPS, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8P will support downloading 4K, 24/25/30 FPS in the next APP.
For the iPhone older than iPhone 8, we do not have the related new if 4K downloading will be supported.
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_44VKD5WDt8c8
New

Thailand

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-16 23:32

When the next app for Iphone8 plus that support download 4k 30fps or 60fps?
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_44VKD5WDt8c8 Posted at 12-19 00:16
When the next app for Iphone8 plus that support download 4k 30fps or 60fps?

Hi there, the next APP version will support downloading 4K 24/25/30FPS video for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, but we do not have the estimated date currently, please pay attention to our website, thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
djiuser_bFCCfXWrOBXk
lvl.2
United States

Wondering if you can import the 4K 60 footage via USB to lightning through the photo app instead of the MIMO app. Problem is the MIMO app automatically launches upon connection. Might try it on another iOS device without the MIMO app installed to see what happens.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans273b66b9
lvl.1
United States

I guess I should have read more of these pages before I purchased the Osmo Mobile. After using it around the house and then for a 50th Anniversary Party last night I find it to be less than a stellar performer. In fact I am very likely to send it back unless DJI correct the issues I have seen within the next 2 weeks that I have left from Amazon. I very much like the idea of a device like this idea of a camera and gimbal combination like this but and in general I like the Pocket I just think it was allowed to ship before it was ready. I see this type of issue in many areas of high tech electronics. The idea that even with some potentially significant issues it is ok to ship --> we will fix the software later mentality is just plain unacceptable.

Here are the main issues I have dealt with since the part yesterday:
1 - I am using an iPhone X with 256G memory. Shortly after every connection of the Pocket to the Phone the Mimo app drops the connection and I have to start over again. After losing a lot of footage opportunities last night I stopped using the phone and limited myself to using the Pocket only. With my eyesight this led to many frames that cut off heads or had other issues making them unacceptable for use. This morning I did a few searches and found that numerous folks are having these same issues and that one fella did some troubleshooting and found that if you put the phone into Airplane mode before you connect it the issue seems to go away. As a retired research and development director for J&J I find it nearly impossible for DJI to have not known this issue existed before shipping these to customers. I (and you) are not their Quality Control Department. I think we all expect this stuff to work as advertised when delivered and if there are issues that these be laid out in advance so that we can decide for ourselves whether or not we want to purchase at this time or wait until the issues are corrected. We should not have to spend hours trying to figure out what the issue is or spend hours on the phone with support groups.
2- After getting frustrated with the issue above I decided to take the video footage off the Pocket memory card and off the iPhone. Getting the footage off the memory card was easy but getting it off the iPhone was another story. Unless I ma missing something it appears that the app does not let you offload the video files itself. It seems that you have to go into the edit mode and then have the file or files render and then they can be viewed on the Camera Roll. This is a real stupid waste of peoples time. I had nearly an hours worth of video that I had to allow to render before I could try to locate it in the iPhones numerous DCIM folders. Since I have nearly 5,000 photos and videos on my iPhone it took me nearly 15 additional minutes to actually locate the file so I could copy it and paste to a folder on my desktop.
3- I also find it more than unacceptable the the Pocket was launched without any of its accessories being readily available. The initial availability date for these items was, I believe,  December 25th but that has come and gone.

I have other issues with the device such as not being able to hold it without covering up at least one of the microphones but these are minor inconveniences that I think I can work around. The 2 above I just cannot accept !!

Interested in how others feel about these issues and their plans.....
2018-12-30
Use props
Marco666
lvl.1

Germany

I do not get why DJI employees keep telling the fairy tale that iOS devices do not support downloading or editing 4k60 h.264 files on general. Why do the Panasonic GH5 files in h.264 4k60 in even higher bitrates than the Osmo pocket work flawlessly then?
It is obviously a problem with your format. So please fix that.
2019-1-22
Use props
CamoVecmin
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi all, sorry to dig in an old post.

Seems like I came in almost a year late. I have this same issue today. I'm in Langkawi, Malaysia on a vacation trip with my family. Shooting video using the 4K 60fps setting. When I try to download into my iPhone Xs Max. I get the same error as OP. The only way I can edit in on the phone is to transcode it into 1080p format which is unacceptable. I bought the device so I can experience that 4K video resolution.

So id DJI going to fix this after almost a year problem being report? Also, can someone give me some tips how do I transfer this 4K video into a Windows 10 and edited it?

Thanks guys!
2019-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules