OP extension pack includes Class U1 micro SD???
2948 19 2018-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cisse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8754354 ft
Belgium

Chat with DJI...

Hi. If the required micro SD card for the Osmo Pocket is a class U3, then why is there a class U1 included in the Osmo Pocket extension pack? This does not make sense at all Dji ?

Thank you for brinign this inquiry with us.
21:25

Give me a moment while I check my resources. I will get back to you as soon.

thank you for waiting yes actually the Osmo Pocket expansion kit is just a Expansion option for the device it self
21:31

What i mean is this accessory pack can only read and write class 1 sd card. While the Device itself (Osmo Pocket) can read version 3 or the class 3 sd cards
21:33

I understand. But why would you include an sd card that does not work with the device this extension is intended for at the first place.

The extension pack on itself does can not read any SD card. So your answer does not make any sense.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The recommended microSD card with a write speed of over 15MB/s and the Samsung EVO+ UHS -1 type of the SD cards could be able to do this write speed that's why we include it to our package. Thank you for the support. Please let us know if you have other concerns.
2018-12-16
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 16:17
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The recommended microSD card with a write speed of over 30MB/s and the class 1 (U1) type of the SD cards could be able to do this write speed that's why we include it to our package. Thank you for the support. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

The Samsung EVO 32gb Micro SD HC card pictured has write speeds "UP TO" 20MB/s

However many of the tests show it often performs below 10MB/s

2018-12-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because itsDJI do you really need to ask?
2018-12-16
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Makes no sense. The whole point of the U ratings is to give a guaranteed speed to ensure that writing video files will go smoothly. While a U1 can do "upto" the speeds required, it does not guarantee it. The only way to guarentee it is to use U3 which has a sustained write speed high enough.

DJI should be supplying a U3 card, the reason they are not is simply to save money.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Belgium

Cameleon Posted at 12-17 02:18
Makes no sense. The whole point of the U ratings is to give a guaranteed speed to ensure that writing video files will go smoothly. While a U1 can do "upto" the speeds required, it does not guarantee it. The only way to guarentee it is to use U3 which has a sustained write speed high enough.

DJI should be supplying a U3 card, the reason they are not is simply to save money.

I fully agree. Dji contradict themselves.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 16:17
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The recommended microSD card with a write speed of over 30MB/s and the class 1 (U1) type of the SD cards could be able to do this write speed that's why we include it to our package. Thank you for the support. Please let us know if you have other concerns.

Yeah you read this well. Official source says ... could be able ...
2018-12-17
Use props
Rameshwaram
New
United States

I just got my Osmo Pocket today. I popped in my brand new 256GB Class 10 V30 Ampl
2018-12-17
Use props
Rameshwaram
New
United States

Please ignore the previous reply, forum not letting me edit or delete.

So I just got my Osmo Pocket today. I popped in my brand new 256GB Class 10 V30 Amplin microsd card in and formatted. It keeps giving me error after less than 10 seconds of video record that says 'Write speed slow' and Osmo freezes. Is this a know issue? I have used that card in my Insta360 One X and have had no issues. Tried another card and does the same thing, both are 256gb. Tried 32gb by Amplin and that works without any issue. Sad if I can't use any higher capacity cards. Osmo Specs say max 256GB supported. I dont need to buy this bundle that gives me the card with it right?
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cisse Posted at 12-17 12:48
Yeah you read this well. Official source says ... could be able ...

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to clarify this concern with our team. The design of the micro SD card that we're providing is a UHS-1 and it's different from class 1 SD cards. Therefore, the UHS-1 Speed (U1) compatibility card is perfect for capturing photos and for video recording & playback in Full HD. And with read & write speeds of up to 80MB/s & 20MB/s respectively, apps and videos load quicker and files transfer faster.
2018-12-18
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 10:45
Thanks for the prompt reply. I was able to clarify this concern with our team. The design of the micro SD card that we're providing is a UHS-1 and it's different from class 1 SD cards. Therefore, the UHS-1 Speed (U1) compatibility card is perfect for capturing photos and for video recording & playback in Full HD. And with read & write speeds of up to 80MB/s & 20MB/s respectively, apps and videos load quicker and files transfer faster.

Thank you for this clarification that class U1 is sufficient to record all possible recording formats. Probably we can close this ticket now.
2018-12-18
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Belgium

So I got ahold of that same Samsung 32GB U1HC1 card and gues what? Recording in 4K 60fps does not work and I get areas with green artifacts.
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1306 ft
Thailand

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 10:45

U-1 is not sufficient for a 4k60 camera at these bitrates.

Its sustained write speeds you need to have, not just the possibility of hitting an ok speed from time to time.

Here on your own forum for the pocket, there are numerous posts including one in this thread, and some in others, where using U1 cards is causing issues that were solved by using U3 cards.

You should go back to the engineers and double check the information. Whilst U1 is fine for HD, its not fine for 4k.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_UrMSkFx1I0dY Posted at 12-19 06:29
U-1 is not sufficient for a 4k60 camera at these bitrates.

Its sustained write speeds you need to have, not just the possibility of hitting an ok speed from time to time.

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The UHS -1 SD card model has a speed of 80MB/s&20MB/s for read&write speeds, therefore, we recommend to use it on FHD resolution on our Osmo Pocket, however, if you wish to record a higher resolution then it would be better if you use a higher capacity type of an SD card. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-19
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Rameshwaram Posted at 12-17 20:45

So I just got my Osmo Pocket today. I popped in my brand new 256GB Class 10 V30 Amplin microsd card in and formatted. It keeps giving me error after less than 10 seconds of video record that says 'Write speed slow' and Osmo freezes. Is this a know issue? I have used that card in my Insta360 One X and have had no issues. Tried another card and does the same thing, both are 256gb. Tried 32gb by Amplin and that works without any issue. Sad if I can't use any higher capacity cards. Osmo Specs say max 256GB supported. I dont need to buy this bundle that gives me the card with it right?

You can but it seems your card cant handle the bitrate that Osmo Pocket provides!
2018-12-19
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 12-19 09:09
Hi, thanks for your feedback. The UHS -1 SD card model has a speed of 80MB/s&20MB/s for read&write speeds, therefore, we recommend to use it on FHD resolution on our Osmo Pocket, however, if you wish to record a higher resolution then it would be better if you use a higher capacity type of an SD card. Thank you for understanding.

In that case adding this non-fully compatible U1 card to the expansion pack is simply put misleading the buyer and clearly not done.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cisse Posted at 12-19 10:32
In that case adding this non-fully compatible U1 card to the expansion pack is simply put misleading the buyer and clearly not done.

Hi, we will forward your feedback with our team for consideration. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-20
Use props
Chi-Ho Lam
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rameshwaram Posted at 2018-12-17 20:45

So I just got my Osmo Pocket today. I popped in my brand new 256GB Class 10 V30 Amplin microsd card in and formatted. It keeps giving me error after less than 10 seconds of video record that says 'Write speed slow' and Osmo freezes. Is this a know issue? I have used that card in my Insta360 One X and have had no issues. Tried another card and does the same thing, both are 256gb. Tried 32gb by Amplin and that works without any issue. Sad if I can't use any higher capacity cards. Osmo Specs say max 256GB supported. I dont need to buy this bundle that gives me the card with it right?

Did you get a resolution for this?  I just bought a 256Gb U3 Card (integral) - and exactly the same problem.  About 10s in, it says Slow Write speed and then aborts.
2019-2-26
Use props
BarBasH
Flight distance : 127795 ft
Netherlands

Chi-Ho Lam Posted at 2-26 12:51
Did you get a resolution for this?  I just bought a 256Gb U3 Card (integral) - and exactly the same problem.  About 10s in, it says Slow Write speed and then aborts.

Just received the expansion kit with U-1 SD card. Useless. Stuttering recording. PC and MAC refuse to read the card. Result can only be see on Pocket.
Ah well. That's life I guess.
2019-3-16
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I use (unknown) microSD cards from China, 32GB €3, till up to 256GB € 34 - all work fine with 4K/60fps.
my principles: make a wide bow around Sandisk, iPhones, GoPros ...   ... and DJI audio adapter!

2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules