Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Windows 10 SDK for the Mavic Pro?
2584 14 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tzippy
lvl.1
Germany

Hi there!

I was wondering if the Windows 10 SDK will at some point in time also support the Mavic Pro or the Mavic 2?
At the moment it seems that only Mavic Air and Phantom Pro V2 are supported (https://developer.dji.com/windows-sdk/).
At least the Mavic 2 shoule have been developed with this in mind.
I want to avoid buying a Mavic Air if this will soon be available with the Mavic 2 as well.
Thanks for your thoughts!
2018-12-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya its weirdly limited.  also Mavic air only use local wifi mode (not RC).  kinda sucks...like i really wanna fly my drone from my tablet.. but dji somehow made it undesirable in its current form..
2018-12-17
Use props
tzippy
lvl.1
Germany

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-17 01:23
ya its weirdly limited.  also Mavic air only use local wifi mode (not RC).  kinda sucks...like i really wanna fly my drone from my tablet.. but dji somehow made it undesirable in its current form..

Oh yeah, I oversaw that restriction. Wow, so that means I will have to control it from the windows computer that the application is running on?
So the Computer connects to the drone's wifi directly?
It's not possible to connect to the RC's Wifi?
Sorry for the dumb question, but as of now I'm only familiar with either having the Mavic Pro and connecting a smartphone to the RC via Cable or to the Mavic's Wifi. Or having the Spark connect to the RC and then  a smartphone to its Wifi.
2018-12-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

tzippy Posted at 12-17 01:37
Oh yeah, I oversaw that restriction. Wow, so that means I will have to control it from the windows computer that the application is running on?
So the Computer connects to the drone's wifi directly?
It's not possible to connect to the RC's Wifi?

ya that's what it sounds like.. maybe able to add controller support and RC support to the app.. but as for connecting to the drone, ya have to delink the RC and put the mavic air into wifi mode and have sign into that connection with your PC to then interface with it.. but overall being stuck on standard wifi from laptop or desktop for control is limiting..  i imagine maybe able to get around range issues a bit buy using some custom networking method to tunnel over ethernet out to a wifi router and outdoor antenna.. but still round about method..  i'd prefer if DJi also let us plug into the controller and use extisting RC connection..

the mavic air is similar to the mavic pro vs the spark.. the mavic air and mavic pro both connect to the RC directly and natively then plug phone into the RC for the app use.. unlike the spark dont sign into wifi connection for use with the RC..    but if you wanna ditch the RC, similar to the mavic pro you got to reset the drone's connection and delink the RC
2018-12-17
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

wifi bands are very limited in range and congested. I would avoid.
2018-12-17
Use props
tzippy
lvl.1
Germany

Bob Brown Posted at 12-17 03:52
wifi bands are very limited in range and congested. I would avoid.

yeah I am trying to avoid them wherever I can. Actually I am currentyl finding out if there's a way to connect a DJI remote to an iOS device AND connect a USB to ethernet adapter. So i can stream rtmp via cable and have the remote connected.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Tzippy. I highly appreciate your time bringing this query to us. As of the moment, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Series is not yet available for the Windows SDK. No worries, I will forward your query to our Senior Department for further clarification. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-17
Use props
tzippy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 09:59
Hi Tzippy. I highly appreciate your time bringing this query to us. As of the moment, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 Series is not yet available for the Windows SDK. No worries, I will forward your query to our Senior Department for further clarification. If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding.

Dear Natalia, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
My general question would be, whether the "Mavic Pro" is technically fit to be supported by the Windows 10 SDk. Thanks!
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tzippy Posted at 12-18 01:52
Dear Natalia, thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
My general question would be, whether the "Mavic Pro" is technically fit to be supported by the Windows 10 SDk. Thanks!

Hi, thank you for your clarification. However, Mavic Pro is not supported by Windows 10 SDK. The only supported product by the Windows 10 SDK are Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro V2.
2018-12-18
Use props
tzippy
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-18 08:53
Hi, thank you for your clarification. However, Mavic Pro is not supported by Windows 10 SDK. The only supported product by the Windows 10 SDK are Mavic Air and Phantom 4 Pro V2.

Yes, I was just referring to oyur initial post where you said that the Mavic 1 and 2 are not "yet" supported by the Windows 10 SDK. Is there a slight chance of those drones being supported by the SKD?
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tzippy Posted at 12-19 01:58
Yes, I was just referring to oyur initial post where you said that the Mavic 1 and 2 are not "yet" supported by the Windows 10 SDK. Is there a slight chance of those drones being supported by the SKD?

I will forward this query to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-21
Use props
fansf0cc73a9
New
Flight distance : 6755 ft
Denmark

Hi DJI Natalia,

What is the current status? I would also like to have Mavic Pro support for the Win SDK. What is the expected timeframe?

Carsten
2019-1-18
Use props
noelzr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4698 ft
Belgium

fansf0cc73a9 Posted at 1-18 08:47
Hi DJI Natalia,

What is the current status? I would also like to have Mavic Pro support for the Win SDK. What is the expected timeframe?

Hi all,
I asked the exact same question to DJI.
Their answer was: "We are sorry that we currently do not have the plan to support Mavic Pro , if we support it in the future, we will put the information on our website."

This is very disapointing and frustating because I bought 2 Mavic Pros just before the release of Mavic 2. I'm not goinf to invest anymore on DJI products until they clarify their philosophy going forward. Parrot seems more reliable alternative for developers.
2019-3-24
Use props
indoordronesystems
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10564 ft
  • >>>
Macao

Hi there, the DJI Windows SDK now supports the Mavic 2 series. We manage to run the sample code, to get the video feed and also take off the Mavic 2. However, the UpdateJoystickValue API doesn't seem to work in RC mode.  Anyone has a clue how can we control the roll, pitch, yaw and throttle of Mavic 2 using the Windows SDK?

Thanks.
2019-4-3
Use props
samworthington
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm surprised DJI have done something themselves that is essentially a Windows 10 version of DJI Pilot or DJI Go. Or at least sample code to do all the basics like the UpdateJoystickValue API.

I'm not a programmer so was really hoping there would be somewhere I could download (or buy) applications that use the new SDK. Is GitHub the right place to look?

Sam
2019-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules