Osmo Pocket PAL / NTSC
8627 30 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

Hello, is there any way to switch from NTSC (30 & 60 FPS) to PAL (25 & 50 FPS) ?

2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Mr. Heinze. Thanks for the inquiry. Actually, there is no difference between the NTSC and PAL for the Osmo Pocket. All frames from 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 are available to use. Just go to Osmo Pocket screen, swipe left and choose between photo/video > swipe left then from there you may switch the FPS. I hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I believe that you need to do it by using your phone and the MIMO app. Go into Pro setting, select the resolution icon and select 25 or 50.
When done disconnect the phone. It should stay in the selected system!
2018-12-17
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

Hi there, Mr. Heinze. Thanks for the inquiry. Actually, there is no difference between the NTSC and PAL for the Osmo Pocket. All frames from 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60 are available to use. Just go to Osmo Pocket screen, swipe left and choose between photo/video > swipe left then from there you may switch the FPS. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Doing it this way it only shows 30 or 60 FPS. This is for 1080P 16:9 and 4K 16:9
2018-12-17
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

I can change it ony with my phone connected. That's .... Im able to set the fps in pro and disconnect the phone. But as soon as I start to change something else the op asks me to disable pro and all fps settings are back to 30 or 60. Would be perfect to have the same option without phone connected.
2018-12-17
Use props
Benjamin92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164416 ft
France

Hello All,

Well I just have an Osmo Pocket and i'm sorry but because I live in Europe (France) I need to shoot in 25 or 50 frame/sec. If I mix with others footages which they are in 25 or 50, I need to be "synchronize" to avoid problem.
I hope DJI could add a firmware to let user possibility to switch between 30/60 or 25/50.
I prefer shooting always in 25 or 50 so please DJI don't let me down !!
Thanks.
Cheers
2018-12-18
Use props
Cool0102
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

Very bad results when we mix Ntsc and Pal format! With no smartphone only Ntsc is available (30fps and 60fps). This very disappoiniting ! Please DJI, change that!
2018-12-18
Use props
fansdafb3635
New
Flight distance : 519249 ft
France

Same for me, impossible to have 25 or 50 whiteout phone... Only 30 or 60... Thank's to change this please...
2018-12-18
Use props
fans221cd8a6
New

France

Same here, using the Osmo Pocket without a phone (damn you need to release a Micro USB adaptor for all of those who do not have a USB C phone - thousand and thousand of users stil have micro USB Phones - it should not be too difficult), and not possible to have 25 or 50 without a phone... In Europe we use mostly 25 or 50. And 30 or 60 doesn't help much... Please integrate this directly in the Osmo Pocket...
2018-12-18
Use props
marclr
New
France

fans221cd8a6 Posted at 12-18 05:43
Same here, using the Osmo Pocket without a phone (damn you need to release a Micro USB adaptor for all of those who do not have a USB C phone - thousand and thousand of users stil have micro USB Phones - it should not be too difficult), and not possible to have 25 or 50 without a phone... In Europe we use mostly 25 or 50. And 30 or 60 doesn't help much... Please integrate this directly in the Osmo Pocket...

same for me !
please DJI, 25/50fps without re-plug the smartphone will be a good idea !
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 10:13

That is not possible, only 30 or 60 FPS
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 07:51
That is not possible, only 30 or 60 FPS

Hi Daniel. We're sorry about this. Could you please send us a screenshot of the issue so I can forward this to our Senior Engineer. Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans221cd8a6 Posted at 12-18 05:43

Hi. Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
Stangman
lvl.4
Sweden

+1 on being able to choose PAL or NTSC without a phone. Basic stuff DJI
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello everyone. For those who can only see 30 60fps, you will need to enable Pro mode first to see more option in the app. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-18 09:25
Hello everyone. For those who can only see 30 60fps, you will need to enable Pro mode first to see more option in the app. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

I was talking about changing to 25 FPS in basic mode, only with Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-18
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4026 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-18 09:25
Hello everyone. For those who can only see 30 60fps, you will need to enable Pro mode first to see more option in the app. For reference, please see the attached image below. Thank you.

[view_image]

And why would that be?! I bought your camera in EUROPE through your GERMAN store, and from the camera I cannot select the CORRECT, COMMON fps for the region, but some USA oddity?! All my video gear runs 25p or 50i and now I have an oddball that without jumping through several loops will just record at 30/60fps, completely incompatible with European standards...
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

same here - its really a pain in the EU as you need the phone all the time :/ give us the pro options on the device please
2018-12-18
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Germany

trica de Posted at 12-18 11:02
same here - its really a pain in the EU as you need the phone all the time :/ give us the pro options on the device please

Or at least ability to select 25/50 fps on the device itself (I can live with this option replacing 30/60 fps after set to PAL)
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

found something else - I did some slomo test's and they all in 29/30FPS!!! thats really bad for us here in the EU as there is no way, even in pro mode, to change it :/
2018-12-18
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Germany

trica de Posted at 12-18 11:54
found something else - I did some slomo test's and they all in 29/30FPS!!! thats really bad for us here in the EU as there is no way, even in pro mode, to change it :/

not much lost - I found the quality of the 120fps video so abysmal compared even to 200fps of my FDR-X3000, below even the level of 1000fps shot on DSC-RX100V... which ist 9x the framerate...
2018-12-18
Use props
Benjamin92
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164416 ft
France

Well,  I just add something,  if we could set 4k 50 only with osmo,  we will keep active track   Yes,  active track isn't available with 60     
Please let us set hd or 4k 25 or 50  in osmo video menu.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Benjamin92 Posted at 12-18 12:53
Well,  I just add something,  if we could set 4k 50 only with osmo,  we will keep active track   Yes,  active track isn't available with 60     

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. We will forward it to our team for consideration. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Benjamin92 Posted at 12-18 12:53
Well,  I just add something,  if we could set 4k 50 only with osmo,  we will keep active track   Yes,  active track isn't available with 60     

yes that would help - and let us set the fps for slomo as well.
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

mareklew Posted at 12-18 12:21
not much lost - I found the quality of the 120fps video so abysmal compared even to 200fps of my FDR-X3000, below even the level of 1000fps shot on DSC-RX100V... which ist 9x the framerate...

So you got a FDR-X3000 as well - what do you like more? Its hard to compare isn't it ?
2018-12-18
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
United States

trica de Posted at 12-18 22:05
So you got a FDR-X3000 as well - what do you like more? Its hard to compare isn't it ?

They are quite different animals. Right now I must say I like the Sony more, it's just so much more mature product made by a company who understands how video business is run - THEY pretty much run it anyway.
The Sony has proper frame rates and up to 100fps the picture quality stays OK, you can do 200fps but the quality suffers. The camera is splash-proof (rain proof) even without additional housing, has a built-in WiFi&Bluetooth based remote connection capability and comes with an optional standalone remote that has own screen. Remote control app does not phone home, does not play videos on its own, it does what it should and the camera remembers all the settings afterwards (no funny phone-only mode that you lose once you operate the camera). Sony has no external moving parts, yet the camera module within is mounted on a 2.5D gimbal-like stabilizer. Sony has front-facing stereo microphones and the sound quality out-of-camera is pretty good, if you consider it's an action cam it's downright awesome.

Sony can't do 4k at more than 25/30fps. Sony stabilization on pitch and yaw is super, but roll has sharp limits, so you really have to hold the cam stable upright when walking, or the picture will rotate and bounce sharply on the roll axis, which is why I considered Osmo.
The sound pickup from behind is bad on the Sony (which is really a good thing when using it as what it was designed for, i.e. being a camera), so filming and running a commentary at the same time doesn't work very well without another mike.
You can't get videos off the Sony without connecting it in mass storage mode (i.e. it's a bit difficult to backup a video online using only your phone, because you don't have a video preview and easy way to select videos to download like in the Mimo App).
If you need the screen, Sony takes longer to boot and connect with the remote than Osmo needs to start (sure thing, Osmo has its screen built in). On the other hand, Sony has a B/W LCD status display that you can see in full sun and it doesn't need almost any power, so you can kind of point the camera the right way and press record without even so much as taking the remote out - in this mode Sony starts recording within 3..4 seconds after first button is pressed.

Difference, not really better/worse: Sony is ultra wide angle, Osmo is just wide angle. Some shots need one, some are better with the other.
Both cameras will flare when pointed towards sun, but Sony will do less so and fail more gracefully (the image is less washed out when overexposed).

Suspected, not proven: Osmo has worse audio-video sync and holds framerate less stably than the Sony. I can't put my finger on it just yet, so I file it under "suspected".

For me, Osmo was to fill in as a pocket camera to shoot some commentary to send home from when I travel. Sony is more of "gather material and cut it later" thing to me, as it encourages you to just let it roll along when something interesting happens, kind of fire and forget.
2018-12-19
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

mareklew Posted at 12-19 01:25
They are quite different animals. Right now I must say I like the Sony more, it's just so much more mature product made by a company who understands how video business is run - THEY pretty much run it anyway.
The Sony has proper frame rates and up to 100fps the picture quality stays OK, you can do 200fps but the quality suffers. The camera is splash-proof (rain proof) even without additional housing, has a built-in WiFi&Bluetooth based remote connection capability and comes with an optional standalone remote that has own screen. Remote control app does not phone home, does not play videos on its own, it does what it should and the camera remembers all the settings afterwards (no funny phone-only mode that you lose once you operate the camera). Sony has no external moving parts, yet the camera module within is mounted on a 2.5D gimbal-like stabilizer. Sony has front-facing stereo microphones and the sound quality out-of-camera is pretty good, if you consider it's an action cam it's downright awesome.

thanks - I have the same feeling. For basic filming I use the Osmo as the gimbal is really nice. For everyting else I use the Sony. Hopefull DJI add the PAL / NTSC stuff soon.
2018-12-19
Use props
AdrienB
lvl.1
France

+1 it is essential for the Europeans (directy on the osmo pocket without phone)
2018-12-19
Use props
fans5d5cf133
New
United Kingdom

Did anyone get an answer to tbjs question? No 25p in basic mode in the device itself. You have to go into pro mode to select 25p via the app on the phine.
2019-1-4
Use props
dribbens
New

Belgium

Does anyone know when the release enabling shooting in 25p would be available ? Thanks
2019-2-4
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dribbens Posted at 2-4 00:46
Does anyone know when the release enabling shooting in 25p would be available ? Thanks

Did you mean 24fps? 25fps is already available from the last firmware update.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules