something everyone knows but me about DJI Goggles
744 2 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft
United States

Gents,  I'm going to look pretty stupid telling this but I want to make others aware of an issue I found ( or think I found).   I just got a set of DJI Goggles.  I updated the firmware and checked all the systems and connections between Mavic Pro, controller and goggles before heading out for my first flight with the google.  I should mention that I use litchi now and then with a VR headset that holds my cellphone in place when in Vr mode.

Ok, stage is set:   I connect the controller, fire up the mavic and connect the goggles.  All is well so far.  I take off and fly with the goggles around the local park.  So all went well for about 15 min, then around 700 feet away, and about 120 feet up my gimble went haywire.  I could no longer see where I was going, and the view was up and to the right.  It would indicate that the mavic was flying sideways.  ( I had the gimble in view mode controlled by the goggles, not controlling the aircraft).   So, I stopped, maintained what I figured was a safe hover, removed the goggles and shifted to my phone connected to the controller.  The view on the phone was also askew but I was able to look at the nav function window and fly the aircraft back towards me along the "green" line indicating where I was.  When in sight I shifted to VFR ( visual) and landed.  I did not start the RTH mode but it did cross my mind.

Ok, now the dumb part is coming:  When I got home I connected everything once more and tried on the ground to repliate the problem.   I doubled checked the firmware, and made sure all the connections were ok.  Then I noticed the program on the phone..... it was the litchi app, not the DJI go4 app.  It seems that the phone had defaulted to the litchi app.  I would further seem that my flight was half Dji and half Litchi.   I have to assume at this point this could be the reason for the conflict.  I have sense deleated the litchi app ( I use an older samsung 6 that has only the litchi app installed for VR flight with that app). No more double apps on either phone.  I should add that I also fly with a ipad mini, it has never had the litchi app installed.

While this is all theory,  i have to go with a conflict between apps as they were both active.. or at least the litchi on the controller and the dji app connected to the mavic pro via the goggles.  The good news is that I was able to bring it back for a safe landing.  The bad news is that I'm guilty of crainal rectosis.

Has anyone ever had a gimble issue of the type I outlined?   Cause cures?   Past fixes?

I'd appreciate any comments or insight... ( and don't beat me up too bad, I feel bad enough).
2018-12-17
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

You can't run both apps at same time.
It's normal to have some strange things when both apps are fighting for control at same time.
2018-12-18
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 12-18 10:21
You can't run both apps at same time.
It's normal to have some strange things when both apps are fighting for control at same time.

Thanks,  I thought that was the issue. I didn't know both were up and running.  Oddly on the litchi facebook page others talk about running both apps at the same time. But sure sounds like asking for trouble to me..
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules