Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is Waypoints in mavic 2?
5561 29 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tobe2d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1584409 ft
United Arab Emirates

I saw this video on youtube and i cant find the same options in dji go 4 app using Mavic 2..
any idea when it will be added?

2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Tober. We appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, WayPoints is not yet available for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. So please stay tuned on our website. Thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 14:21
Hi there, Tober. We appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, WayPoints is not yet available for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. So please stay tuned on our website. Thank you.

It was supposed to be "Soon" four months ago.  Is "Soon" getting closer to "Soon"?
2018-12-17
Use props
fans9c089241
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39291 ft
United States

The Waypoints program on previous Phantom 3, Phantom 4 and original Mavic is such a useful program as it lets you Pre plan  your mission so when your drone is flying the mission you can concentrate on filming the scenery and terrain.
The drone can navigate unusual and tricky pathways for you that you have planned out and it allows you to relax and focus on the videography.

I’m so surprised this critical program didn’t come with my new Mavic 2.0 as I assume the programming would be an ‘easy’ extension of the previous platforms.

I am missing this and hope the amazing engineers and programmers at DJI will put it into firmware update very, very soon.  

DGNewbern
2018-12-18
Use props
Tobe2d
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 14:21
Hi there, Tober. We appreciate your time bringing this query to us. However, WayPoints is not yet available for the Mavic 2. This feature will be released in a future firmware update. So please stay tuned on our website. Thank you.

Any time estimation for this?
2018-12-21
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Wishful thinking: As DJI did with Thanks giving day and published an update with precious landing feature, they might plan to publish an update for Christmas and give Waypoints 2.0 as a present to their customers....

2018-12-21
Use props
Adam Smith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200397 ft
United States

Is there an ETA of when this feature will be available?  It was literally the main selling point for me. Spent thoundsands on this drone and accessories and wasted a lot of time looking for it in the app. Only to find it doesn’t even exist yet. Extremely frustrating. It’s listed in my manual, but doesn’t show up in the app.
22EAF635-0E74-45A2-B447-CBCB27FB5861.jpeg
FB049166-82E3-4BE0-83ED-4D5F1F512DC5.png
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tobe2d Posted at 12-21 03:01
Any time estimation for this?

Hi, we're very sorry but as of the moment, we haven't received any information on the time frame. I will forward this query to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-12-21
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

When ever it comes your definitely get it before the Crystalsky users hahahahahahaha       (Software update +2 months for Crystalsky)
2018-12-21
Use props
MJJ in Wilmington
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-21 08:42
Hi, we're very sorry but as of the moment, we haven't received any information on the time frame. I will forward this query to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hi Natalia,  Have you received a time estimate from the DJI development group yet regarding the waypoints feature?  I also purchased the Mavic 2 expecting this feature out of the box and am disappointed that it is not available yet.  I'm looking forward to your response.  Best, Mike
2019-1-10
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

home lock and course lock would be good added to the waypoint update aswell whenever it come as they are missing too
2019-1-11
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Come on guys, it is coming "SOON".
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MJJ in Wilmington Posted at 1-10 20:17
Hi Natalia,  Have you received a time estimate from the DJI development group yet regarding the waypoints feature?  I also purchased the Mavic 2 expecting this feature out of the box and am disappointed that it is not available yet.  I'm looking forward to your response.  Best, Mike

Hi there, I will follow up your query to our R&D department. I'll update everyone once I have the update with the WayPoint. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Adam Smith Posted at 2018-12-21 08:00
Is there an ETA of when this feature will be available?  It was literally the main selling point for me. Spent thoundsands on this drone and accessories and wasted a lot of time looking for it in the app. Only to find it doesn’t even exist yet. Extremely frustrating. It’s listed in my manual, but doesn’t show up in the app.

It does say in your manual coming soon waypoints2, also on release it said it would be released at a later date.
You can opt to use waypoints in dji groundstation app, but you need iOS to use it, dji waypoints 1 was a shocker unusable, you have never seen a video posted using waypoints 1, so for me I would be prepared to wait if it is a big improvement.
It will be extremely tough for dji to match litchi which will set you back only $20 and I’m not expecting dji to improve on this app.
2019-1-11
Use props
rm708410
lvl.3
United States

For what it's worth, I noticed a couple weeks ago that footnote 7 on the Mavic 2 page says available "around January 2019".
2019-1-11
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Use Litchi to fly waypoints
https://flylitchi.com/help#waypoints-p3
2019-1-12
Use props
Snowest
New
Switzerland

Please put Waypoints as soon as possible!!! Thanks
2019-1-12
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

It could be wrong ,  but what I read previously on the other posts , " Waypoint is actually own by Litchi , so DJI have some legal issues to use same system on their apps,  therefore we keep hearing "its coming soon"  song from DJI.
2019-1-16
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

akozc Posted at 1-16 21:53
It could be wrong ,  but what I read previously on the other posts , " Waypoint is actually own by Litchi , so DJI have some legal issues to use same system on their apps,  therefore we keep hearing "its coming soon"  song from DJI.

Where did you read that, would interest me?
2019-1-17
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

edeone Posted at 1-17 01:47
Where did you read that, would interest me?

try to search on DJI forum " DJI being Sued" cant paste the link it is deleted
2019-1-17
Use props
callaway2288
lvl.2
United States

I agree we would at least like an update as to when the expected firmware of Waypoints will be available. Love the platform and think DJI has done a fantastic job with the Mavic 2, but this should have been a feature we waited on no more than a month after release considering it was in the manual and talked about.
2019-1-17
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

akozc Posted at 1-17 05:31
try to search on DJI forum " DJI being Sued" cant paste the link it is deleted

The support of Litchi say it is not true....
2019-1-17
Use props
Ahrimaan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141975 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Ahhh once again DJI is telling you NOTHING and just appeasing , cause DJI is not User Centric , they are Yuan Centric and once the Product is sold, no one cares about you ;)
Thats how an company act wich have an de facto monopoly on Drones (Look how long they took to respond to the M2P "Line Skipping" rumors
Maybe the R&D (Come on DJi you have over 6000 Employess, you juist need 3 good SW Developer for that Features ! )  is to small ?
Dont know
2019-1-17
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 14:48
It does say in your manual coming soon waypoints2, also on release it said it would be released at a later date.
You can opt to use waypoints in dji groundstation app, but you need iOS to use it, dji waypoints 1 was a shocker unusable, you have never seen a video posted using waypoints 1, so for me I would be prepared to wait if it is a big improvement.
It will be extremely tough for dji to match litchi which will set you back only $20 and I’m not expecting dji to improve on this app.

I do quite like the DJI GS Pro App, and for free! It gives me the flexibility to produce amazingly planned and structured videos.
2019-1-17
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

akozc Posted at 1-16 21:53
It could be wrong ,  but what I read previously on the other posts , " Waypoint is actually own by Litchi , so DJI have some legal issues to use same system on their apps,  therefore we keep hearing "its coming soon"  song from DJI.

That’s interesting, as DJI created the SDK which litchi use.
2019-1-17
Use props
Tobe2d
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Good news!!! Finally new firmware. Waypoints arrived ;-)))

2019-1-24
Use props
Pacman12
New
Flight distance : 14793 ft
United States

Where do. I find that function...
2019-1-27
Use props
kykmavic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Pacman12 Posted at 1-27 15:14

Update your DJI Go 4 App to the latest version.
2019-1-27
Use props
LemmyFly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774872 ft
Austria

Pacman12 Posted at 1-27 15:14

Currently ONLY for iOS. On Android Waypoint 2.0 partially not yet available
Since DJI GO 4 App latest version is 4.3.11 - at least in my EU region
2019-1-28
Use props