Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S Canon 80D feature compatibility?
9928 19 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I just ordered the Ronin S to use with my Canon 80D, and I was hoping that maybe we could get an update at where DJI's engineers are at in regards to compatibility with that camera. I've seen the official chart, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in awhile, and I was hoping there might be some more recent news.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, Illuminations. As of the moment, Canon 80D is still under the development plan. I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further update and clarifications. Thank for your understanding.
2018-12-17
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-17 14:33
Hi there, Illuminations. As of the moment, Canon 80D is still under the development plan. I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further update and clarifications. Thank for your understanding.

Thanks for the quick response Natalia! The lack of full support for the 80D was what kept me from ordering the Ronin S months ago, and it took the holiday sale to overcome my reservations. I am confident that DJI's R&D department will eventually manage to fully implement full functionality for my camera.

I'm kind of curious as to why it has been more difficult to implement all the features of the Ronin S with the 80D and a number of other Canon cameras than in the few Canon cameras that are already fully supported. Is the software for similar cameras from the same manufacturer radically different?
2018-12-17
Use props
tung256
lvl.1
United States

i have the 80D.
using a battery adapter, i can power the camera via an external USB battery phone charger.   could you please make the Ronin S be able to power the 80D as well?
2018-12-21
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

tung256 Posted at 12-21 12:32
i have the 80D.
using a battery adapter, i can power the camera via an external USB battery phone charger.   could you please make the Ronin S be able to power the 80D as well?

That would be a nice feature!
2018-12-21
Use props
HCL
lvl.1
Germany

Just bought the Ronin-S too as a replacement for my Glidecam and i have a Canon 80D. Awesome product but i am a bit disappointed after i have seen that the 80D is not fully supported but looking forward for any update that will give me full control. Happy holidays!
2018-12-22
Use props
RJ934
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1200377 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too use a Canon 80D on an almost daily basis for commercial video work. I took advantage of the Holiday Sale to purchase the Ronin-S to use in my work. It is disappointing that, while usable, the Ronin-S offers basically no support for this camera model. The ability to control the camera functions from the gimbal is huge. I understand compatibility with the Canon 80D is on the list but do we have a timeframe on its arrival? This is a really big deal for my operations.
2019-1-1
Use props
igaard.dk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 475791 ft
Denmark

I'm really looking forward for updates as I would like my 80D to work too, and not only my 5D Mark IV's
Can you give us any date when (if) the 80D will be supported?

Kind regards

Jan Igaard - igaard.dk
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_mHPn8oYx6keq
New
United States

I have an 80D as well and produce videos commercially. I purchased the Ronin S because I understood that support for the 80D was going to be released soon. I would very much appreciate an update to add the 80D as a compatible camera.
2019-3-20
Use props
BlinketClaire
New

Ireland

I also really want to see implemented, it's such a popular camera still.
I really want to be able to manually focus with my gimbal. As the camera gets older I'm really worried about this never being developed in favour of focusing on new cameras.
2019-4-12
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170971 ft
Netherlands

I also would like to see the 80D fully supported!
What cable do you guys use? Mini USB or the IR?
2019-5-12
Use props
SeanPM
lvl.1
United States

So the 80D still doesn’t have a compatibility with the focus control? What makes the camera really compatible if it’s capabilities are so limited?
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_lbXcyzNfP3ru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20141 ft
Netherlands

I just bought a Ronin S for my Canon 80D and I just now read there is no connectivity.  I feel like DJI should have mentiioned this on the packaging. Does DJI have any intent to develop the firmware?
It seems like a long time for being "in develoment".
2019-7-27
Use props
Yaz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226204 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_lbXcyzNfP3ru Posted at 7-27 00:22
I just bought a Ronin S for my Canon 80D and I just now read there is no connectivity.  I feel like DJI should have mentiioned this on the packaging. Does DJI have any intent to develop the firmware?
It seems like a long time for being "in develoment".

hi, is it still not developed? I have been hoping to buy it but I am disappointed now after reading this thread as I have an 80D
2019-7-30
Use props
alicjohn
New

Pakistan

Canon is most popular brand for cameras. I am also using canon eos 80d its working great. Thanks for nice post.
2019-7-31
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

Still no word? a few months left and we ave waited a year for this. Still saying  even a raspberry pi has the capability to have full control over my canon 80D I think DJI has abandoned the S already. If the 80D won't get more support this will be the last product ever I bought from them
2019-8-1
Use props
djiuser_lbXcyzNfP3ru
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20141 ft
Netherlands

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 5-12 13:02
I also would like to see the 80D fully supported!
What cable do you guys use? Mini USB or the IR?

I bought the Mini USB cable for the 80D. But it does not work. Very Disapointed.

It even blocks the controls on the camera (you can't press record on the camera when the cable is attached). You can't press record on the gimbal. Am I the only one with this problem?
2019-8-13
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

djiuser_lbXcyzNfP3ru Posted at 8-13 08:58
I bought the Mini USB cable for the 80D. But it does not work. Very Disapointed.

It even blocks the controls on the camera (you can't press record on the camera when the cable is attached). You can't press record on the gimbal. Am I the only one with this problem?

No, can't be fixed until DJI releases a firmware upgrade enabling
2019-8-16
Use props
TrevorQuinn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11742 ft
Ireland

I am very disappointed in this also, been patiently waiting for them to release support for the 80D since I bought the Ronin S in Dec but I am guessing at this stage that is not going to happen.
2019-8-28
Use props
espositoferrara
lvl.1

Germany

hey , can sombody tell me if dji is planig a new update for the ronin sc ?? because i have a 80d and i dont want buy a ronin s ...
thank you
2020-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules