TOTALLY FRUSTRATED w/ SUPPORT
5927 5 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmttomb
lvl.1
United States

CAS-2521218-V0X6G2 CRM:0641000000013. I opened this case in November after I noticed a rattleing in my controller and a "soft" home button. I opened the controller up only to find that all that was holding everything together was the glue from the soft cushion on the back. ALL POSTS were deteriorated. All screws were screwed into either nothing or rotted plastic posts.
I called DJI to inquire about this. I sent them pictures of the rotted or broken plastic posts. They provided a postal return slip to affix to the box ... I mailed it to them.
After a couple of weeks, I get an email with a bill for $73.00 to fix the controller. Not a bad price and I was ready to pay for the repair ... but then it bothered me. Why should I pay for their poor worksmanship? Why should I pay them for either their poor choice of plastic or maybe they used screws that were too large for the posts? Or maybe the fumes from the battery corrode the plastic? I don't know exactly why all the posts were rotted, I just know that I never dropped the controller and that it was always stored in a Pilican case. Why should I pay for this repair?
So I opened a ticket with them. I make a complaint. I remind them that I showed them pictures or the posts. I get nowhere. I ask for it to be escilated. I was told that someone would call me back in 24 hours .... That never happened. I call back a week later .... go through the motions again .... can almost hear the flipping of the canned responses ... Was told that a supervisor would call me back .... Again, it didn't happen
Today, 12/17/18 =, I get a call from yet another person attempting English. This person said that they are the highest I can go and that the charge still stands even though he admitted that they have had this issue. I asked to speak with his boss or supervisor. He refused and said that he has no way to put me in touch with someone else. I further question him about where he is located (Are you in thye US or China?) He said that policy does not allow him to answer that question. I asked to be transferred then back to the repair facility in California ... He said that policy will not allow him to do that. I again ask for a supervisor ... Policy does not allow for him to do that .... I asked if he is the highest that I can go, then did he make the decision that this will be a charge ... He said yes that they have reviewed my case and made that decision ... I asked who reviewed my case (are you getting the feeling of a run-around here?) Policy ruled that since my controller was out of warrenty and even though it was a defect in build .. that I have to pay. I again questioned the billing ... This went on for about a half hour. Policy would not allow them to use common sense in this decision making.
If I didn't like the DJI drone as much as I do, I would throw it out and get a different one. But they are the industry leader and their drones are awesome to fly. But going forward, I do not think that I will ever buy another one again. Customer Service has it's place. To be treated like a flow chart script is unforgetable and unforgivable.

Dear Customer,

The item you sent to DJI for repair has been received and your case number is

CAS-2430573-Q0P5J7

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress in one business day.

---

Remark

Dear Customer After carrying out the damage assessment, we found RC top shell cracked near screws. Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy)

Thank you for contacting DJI, your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you through phone or email within 48 working hours as of this email.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while reviewing your concerns and requests.

Best regards
Art
DJI Customer Support

Hi XXXXXX,

Good day!

This is regarding the pending case that you have with us. I would like to verify the concern that you have with this case. Base on the notes of one of our supervisor, you wanted to have an explanation, I just want to know if it is regarding the cost or the reason why there is a damage on the remote? We do apologize for the experience that you had with the unit.

Thank you for understanding

Best regards
Art
DJI Support

Hi ,

Thank you for responding to my email and I hope this finds you well. Regarding your case, it is still in a "Quoted" status because the invoice wasn't settled yet while for your question on repair, we've charged you for it because the remote controller is already out of warranty period. I hope you understand that we don't provide free repair when the warranty expires.

Please let me know if you need anything

Best Regards,
Jayson
DJI Support

Dear Customer,

This is a second follow up for a pending invoice of your Phantom 3 Advanced with an amount of 73.00. Your case No. is:

CAS-2430573-Q0P5J7

Please use the link below to submit your payment.

2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Gordon, we are sorry for the bad experience you had with us this is not the experience we want for you. As per checking with your case it seems that one of the manager contacted you regarding about this issue and explained why you are being charged for $73. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.
2018-12-17
Use props
dmttomb
lvl.1
United States

You see Diana, your answer is the problem. Canned answers with no research or thought. Scripted. Robotic. It’s like trying to talk to a fish.
I believe you also pulled my post from the group conversations.
I paid the invoice to show you that it isn’t the amount of the repair that I am upset with. It is the fact that DJI used an inferior design or raw resources and then wants the customer to be responsible for the repair.
Time shouldn’t matter when you make a mistake. Taking responsibility for the mistake is what matters.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dmttomb Posted at 12-18 04:31
You see Diana, your answer is the problem. Canned answers with no research or thought. Scripted. Robotic. It’s like trying to talk to a fish.
I believe you also pulled my post from the group conversations.
I paid the invoice to show you that it isn’t the amount of the repair that I am upset with. It is the fact that DJI used an inferior design or raw resources and then wants the customer to be responsible for the repair.

Hi there, kindly check your pm we sent you a message. Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
dmttomb
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 12-18 08:33
Hi there, kindly check your pm we sent you a message. Thank you.

I do not know what you are referring to
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

dmttomb Posted at 12-19 09:10
I do not know what you are referring to

Sorry about that. Kindly, check your private message we sent you a reply with regards, with this issue. Thank you.
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules