Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
self discharge in storage
25104 16 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Z-Zoom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27438 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see in RED (self discharge in storage) on my phone on the upper left side. This may sound like a stupid questin, I have several drones. But this is the first time I seen this on my phone when flying my Mavic. What the hell is this, and what dose it do or is ?
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Can you please provide a screenshot on that prompt message that you are receiving? So we can check this on our end. Thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does that message go away after fully charging the battery?
2018-12-17
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

msinger Posted at 12-17 15:53

I have this also when I connect a battery to my Mavic Pro while it is in the self discharge  mode, charging it stops this and removes the on screen messge until the battery hits the 10 day point and then starts to self discharge  again.
2018-12-17
Use props
Z-Zoom
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-17
Use props
Z-Zoom
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2018-12-17
Use props
Z-Zoom
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

msinger Posted at 12-17 15:53

I'll try. But I never seen this on my Zoom. Why just the Pro ?
2018-12-17
Use props
Nordium
First Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is nothing to worry about - its just an alert informing you that the battery in the drone hasn't been used in a while, therefore the intelligent mode programmed in the flight battery discharged it to protect the lithium battery from shortening lifespan (which can happen over long periods of time in storage).
Charge your battery back to 100%, and then put it in the drone again. If the message still occurs, contact DJI Support. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to assist you. Sorry to hear about this!
2018-12-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Z-Zoom Posted at 12-17 16:28
I'll try. But I never seen this on my Zoom. Why just the Pro ?

Not sure. Maybe you usually charge your batteries before flying? If you're not doing that, you should be.
2018-12-17
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Anthony566 Posted at 12-17 16:00
I have this also when I connect a battery to my Mavic Pro while it is in the self discharge  mode, charging it stops this and removes the on screen messge until the battery hits the 10 day point and then starts to self discharge  again.

You are absolutely correct.
That's how it works and I've experienced the same thing.
2018-12-18
Use props
Ram85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 447841 ft
South Africa

I know this is an old topic but I would like to know if it is okay to fly while the self discharge message displays... Someones you get to a location and just want to snap a quick pic or video but you connect the drone etc and oops, you forgot to charge it. There is still charge on the battery and you can fly... but I just want to know if I'm causing any damage or not. I know its always best to fly with 100% charged batteries.
2019-6-25
Use props
T-BOY
Flight distance : 1950633 ft
Cyprus

Ram85 Posted at 6-25 02:46
I know this is an old topic but I would like to know if it is okay to fly while the self discharge message displays... Someones you get to a location and just want to snap a quick pic or video but you connect the drone etc and oops, you forgot to charge it. There is still charge on the battery and you can fly... but I just want to know if I'm causing any damage or not. I know its always best to fly with 100% charged batteries.

its totally safe to fly while this message shows on screen. nothing to worry just charge it 100percent then it will be gone.
2019-11-9
Use props
usere17ebbc4c4
New
Flight distance : 256985 ft
Norway

Great info
2020-3-23
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

T-BOY Posted at 2019-11-9 07:06
its totally safe to fly while this message shows on screen. nothing to worry just charge it 100percent then it will be gone.

I disagree.  In MavicPilots, we suspect the battery being in this this mode, or simply not starting at a full or nearly full charge may distort the "gas guage" and cause the available charge to suddenly drop with little warning.
So don't fly if it shows its in discharge mode, or be extremely cautious in your flight.

I will agree it shouldn't cause permanent harm and will (or should) reset after the next full charge, but that's not what this poster asked.

On the other hand, i came across this battery details status on my P3A after having fully charged all my batteries and flown.  Seems a full charge didn't reset this mode on my P3.  My flight time hadn't diminished much and had no issues though.  Only came across it to get more battery stats, such as life left.
2020-5-9
Use props
Micato
Captain
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Always charge your battery to full before every flight as stated in DJI manual !!

I had a flight when battery droped "in flight" from 58% to 8% instantly . Fortunately I landed aircraft safely.
Rough school !

The battery was charged only 25 times but when I started a flight it was at 65% and not charged 10 days or more.  

One more thing that a lot of people do not know, when you "tap" power botton on your battery "you" reset internal clock on it, so from that moment it will start to discharge time process again from wich you set it in first (days 3-10). Every battery has its own memory, so if you have a few of them (I have 4) you have to set discharge time for every one of them.
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_PZPgsqgeAkir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36207 ft

Indonesia

How do you choose the number of days to discharge? Based on what? What difference will 3 or 10 days do?
Thank you.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_PZPgsqgeAkir Posted at 3-21 06:34
How do you choose the number of days to discharge? Based on what? What difference will 3 or 10 days do?
Thank you.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. Before we can confirm, may we ask what specific DJI drone and app you are using? We'll be waiting for your confirmation. Thank you.
2023-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules