Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo Format - 'JPEG + RAW'
10570 28 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

I've selected the 'JPEG + RAW' for the Photo file format on my OP. I'm *guessing* that should result in 2 images being created...1 for each file type.

But either I'm overlooking something or doing something wrong as I can't seem to find the 'RAW' file after an image capture. When I look in my playback folder, there is only the .jpg file available.

Is there something in particular we need to do to find the RAW version of the image, or perhaps I'm overlooking a second setting that may be involved.

Help.(??)

Thanks!

2018-12-17
Use props
deepnpisgah
lvl.1

United States

where did you find the jpeg+raw choice?
2018-12-17
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RAW only available in pro mode with mimo  ridiculous as that may be...you have to have a phone attached...must change this DJI
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

There is no RAW only....you have to choose JPEG+RAW....please DJI add the option to only shoot on RAW.
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 12-18 00:39
RAW only available in pro mode with mimo  ridiculous as that may be...you have to have a phone attached...must change this DJI

I would be ok with needing MIMO if a RAW file was being generated. But unless I'm missing something, I am only getting the .jpg output.

I have gone into the 'Pro' menu to select the JPEG+RAW option. Does that not automagically put us into Pro mode, or is there somewhere else we must specify that?
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

deepnpisgah Posted at 12-17 19:17
where did you find the jpeg+raw choice?

With the phone attached and MIMO open to Photo option....

Among the Settings choices provided on the left side of the screen, select the '...' option at bottom.
When the settings open, select the 'Pro' option at top and then select JPEG+RAW in the Photo Format option.
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 00:49
There is no RAW only....you have to choose JPEG+RAW....please DJI add the option to only shoot on RAW.

I wasn't looking for a RAW only option. I'm just trying to figure out how to generate the RAW file, or where to find it if it is generated.

I sorta doubt we'll ever see a RAW only option as there would need to be a RAW converter included somewhere on the device to allow the RAW data to be assembled into a viewable image.
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 03:46
I wasn't looking for a RAW only option. I'm just trying to figure out how to generate the RAW file, or where to find it if it is generated.

I sorta doubt we'll ever see a RAW only option as there would need to be a RAW converter included somewhere on the device to allow the RAW data to be assembled into a viewable image.

In Pro Mode just choose JPEG+RAW and you will have what you need
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 04:06
In Pro Mode just choose JPEG+RAW and you will have what you need

Well, I've done that. But as mentioned in original post, there doesn't seem to be a RAW (or dng) file being created.
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 04:12
Well, I've done that. But as mentioned in original post, there doesn't seem to be a RAW (or dng) file being created.

Weird, i did that and even the PANO shots are in DNG...
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 04:17
Weird, i did that and even the PANO shots are in DNG...

Hmmm...., that is weird.

I wonder...are you using an iPhone to attach to OP? If so, would you mind sharing which model? I'm using the 6+, which doesn't have the ability to shoot RAW via the native phone camera. I'm beginning to wonder if a phone with native RAW capabilities is needed.(??)
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 04:21
Hmmm...., that is weird.

I wonder...are you using an iPhone to attach to OP? If so, would you mind sharing which model? I'm using the 6+, which doesn't have the ability to shoot RAW via the native phone camera. I'm beginning to wonder if a phone with native RAW capabilities is needed.(??)

Nop, im using Samsung S8.
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 05:39
Nop, im using Samsung S8.

Can the S8 shoot RAW natively....outside anything related to OP?

Thanks!
2018-12-18
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 05:47
Can the S8 shoot RAW natively....outside anything related to OP?

Thanks!

S8 can but i think thats nothing to do with the ability to shot RAW with the Osmo Pocket...

Did you check your SD card?
2018-12-18
Use props
deepnpisgah
lvl.1

United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 12-18 00:39
RAW only available in pro mode with mimo  ridiculous as that may be...you have to have a phone attached...must change this DJI

Especially ridiculous since most people (myself included) cannot get the phone and Mimo to connect
2018-12-18
Use props
deepnpisgah
lvl.1

United States

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 03:44
With the phone attached and MIMO open to Photo option....

Among the Settings choices provided on the left side of the screen, select the '...' option at bottom.

'with phone attached' - that explains it. Phone won't attach and it's pretty lame to have that feature not available on the device itself. My intended use is not attached to a phone all the time...
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

DanielVieira Posted at 12-18 05:53
S8 can but i think thats nothing to do with the ability to shot RAW with the Osmo Pocket...

Did you check your SD card?

Hopefully, DJI Support will chime in and provide the final word.

But I'm *guessing* the reason MIMO is needed to shoot RAW is because it can access the phone's system level 'stuff'. And if RAW capture is not native to the phone's system, the OP won't be able to capture it either.

IF I'm right, it pretty much makes the OP useless to me as RAW capabilities were 75% of the reason I wanted it as it would let me avoid upgrading the phone. The phone is perfectly capable of providing everything else I need.

And If I'm right, all those requesting to make shooting RAW independent of the phone can probably forget that ever happening.
2018-12-18
Use props
Bj0rn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Had the same issue using an iPhone X. If you import the photo with a sd card reader to your iPhone there should be a raw dng file available but ONLY if you took the photo in pro mode. So if you take a video afterwards you have to set it again. Yes it SUCKS
2018-12-18
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Where are you looking for the DNG file? It will only be created on the SD card and you'll have to use a card reader or connect the OP to a computer to get at the DNG file. As far as I know it won't be available in the MIMO app, just the JPG is there. Same with pano, only the stitched pano is on the app, the DNG files for it are only on the SD card.

BTW, the phone has nothing to do with the "RAW" capabilities of the OP. All the "RAW" is, is the unprocessed sensor data wrapped in a file that other devices/computers can understand. In DJI case, this is a DNG file.
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

Bj0rn Posted at 12-18 07:20
Had the same issue using an iPhone X. If you import the photo with a sd card reader to your iPhone there should be a raw dng file available but ONLY if you took the photo in pro mode. So if you take a video afterwards you have to set it again. Yes it SUCKS

Ohhhhh…., sure enough. That did it. Now I understand why @DanielVieria asked if I'd checked the card...I thought he meant for available space.

But gadzooks...to not have a means of determining if the file exists w/o having to pull the card is....shall we say......awkward.

Thanks!
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

Update for DJI Support.....
2018-12-18
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 07:58
Update for DJI Support.....

So....with the help of a couple forum users, I've discovered the RAW (DNG) files are being created, but don't ever seem to live anywhere other than on the MicroSD card.(??)

If they are not being synced currently, please consider this a request to make that happen. There are photo editor apps (Lightroom Mobile CC being one) that could read/access the DNG files if it can find them. But if they never exist anywhere on the card, that can't happen.
2018-12-18
Use props
jerryjko123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2970640 ft
  • >>>
United States

rjwPhoto Posted at 12-18 08:09
So....with the help of a couple forum users, I've discovered the RAW (DNG) files are being created, but don't ever seem to live anywhere other than on the MicroSD card.(??)

If they are not being synced currently, please consider this a request to make that happen. There are photo editor apps (Lightroom Mobile CC being one) that could read/access the DNG files if it can find them. But if they never exist anywhere on the card, that can't happen.

Can you share the RAW(DNG) file location on the MicroSD card?  I have looked all over but still can't find it.  Thanks for your help.
2018-12-20
Use props
rjwPhoto
lvl.2
United States

jerryjko123 Posted at 12-20 10:36
Can you share the RAW(DNG) file location on the MicroSD card?  I have looked all over but still can't find it.  Thanks for your help.

Sorry I've been slow to reply...

I've found the images on the MicroSD card when the card is out of the OP and in a card reader attached to my pc. Then I find them in the ..\dcim\100media folder. That's on a Win10 pc which I wouldn't expect would make a diff, but just in case.
2018-12-22
Use props
djiuser_B6buvDepcZWE
New
Japan

Thank god...
I was also trying to figure out where the hell is .DNG files and now I found it on my microSD card F:\DCIM\100MEDIA
DJI should add some new function that we can import RAW images on Mimo App...
As far as I know, Osmo Pocket is one of the most small 4K+Stabilizer and also pretty cute like as BB8 but don't forget,  WE NEED A LAPTOP TO EDIT RAW IMAGES
2019-1-11
Use props
kcaluwae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92667 ft
Belgium

Is this 'PRO' option still there?
I have an S8.  I have followed the steps above and I have been going through all the menus.  I can't find it.
2021-1-31
Use props
djiuser_XT6QX2iIq71A
New

Malaysia

so what's app or software to locate and import RAW file of photo? I shot photo using JPEG+RAW.
2023-12-5
Use props
djiuser_XT6QX2iIq71A
New

Malaysia

djiuser_XT6QX2iIq71A Posted at 12-5 23:31
so what's app or software to locate and import RAW file of photo? I shot photo using JPEG+RAW.

Oh I found it in SD Card in my computer, it's DNG file and now can import from Photoshop as RAW editing
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XT6QX2iIq71A Posted at 12-5 23:40
Oh I found it in SD Card in my computer, it's DNG file and now can import from Photoshop as RAW editing

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your query with us. We're glad that everything has been sorted out. Please feel free to reach us anytime if you have further concerns.
2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules