NEW ISSUE !!! BLUR ON TRACKED SHOTS
699 6 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

my partner just received his new osmo pocket a few days ago and having extensively tested it out in various condiotion (indoors / outdoors, bright subjects...) if tracking is used (AKA highlight a portion of the screen to track) all videos will come out blurred on mostly anything that wasnt highlighted as the tracking box/ selection, on our unit its mainly on the right hand side of the frame.

Now im wondering wether DJI has implemented some sort of blurring "filter" for anything outside of the tracked selection, which would completely suck if they had, or if its a genuine issue with hardware or software.

As far as my testing yesterday and today, evey other shot was fine (apart from horrendous focus hunting)

Has anyone experienced the issue yet ?
2018-12-17
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please post a link to a representative sample of what you've described.  That's the easiest way to see of other owners 'see' the same result.
2018-12-17
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yes of course, the issue can be seen on all 3 screenshots mostly on the right hand side of the image. settings used 4k30 both in pro/basic issue remains the same. again recording in normal mode without highlighting a selection will record absolutely fine without any blur whatsoever.
2018-12-17
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

the purpose of tracking a building or anything is to do a hyper lapse by recording the video and edit it at x1000 in post to achieve a hyper lapse video, hopefully the implement hyper lapses in a future update as well as fixing the issue.
2018-12-17
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

has anyone experienced this issue ? any possibility you guys try it to see wether out unit is faulty or if it is due to a software issue ? Have contacted the "helpful" online chat helpline but they told me it must be a problem with the lens and I should send it back, to which I asked why in any other mode its nice and crisp... so its definitely not the lens !!!
2018-12-18
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can confirm the blurred effect - its getting a bit better if you use 50/60 frames instead of 24/25 but its not perfect.
My Sony FDR X3000 does here the better job.
2018-12-19
Use props
Geopixlz
lvl.2

United Kingdom

trica de Posted at 12-19 22:37
I can confirm the blurred effect - its getting a bit better if you use 50/60 frames instead of 24/25 but its not perfect.
My Sony FDR X3000 does here the better job.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions ! It isn’t a hardware fault, but software related ! We have sent a few messages to DJI software team but haven’t got back to us yet, but the more people we the same issue there are the better so they can fix the firmware !
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules