Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Pocket - No Android phone connecter
12Next >
16005 40 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gringorio
Flight distance : 870427 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Galaxy S7 and the android connector for the osmo pocket is some other type of connector. Now I can't register or use my osmo pocket. What is the solution?
2018-12-17
Use props
Mr Sepo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I too have a Galaxy S7.  I used the USB-C to Micro USB adapter that came with my Mavic Air.  I am unsure if it works with generic ones.  That said, once it is activated it is impractical to use with my phone as the connection is wonky at best.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans221cd8a6
lvl.1

France

At least, we can see that a simple USB C to Micro USB converter is working and all functions are here.

No excuse then for DJI then not to release a direct Native Micro USB adaptor.
Thousands and thousands of phones and customers are still using it. And again there is no real reason why not (these phones are more than powerful to support the application + the transmission of data).

Bad move of DJI not to support natively this huge number of customers!
2018-12-18
Use props
pedro05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 656975 ft
United Kingdom

Snap! I have the same phone. I commend DJI's brilliant psychology. I was pleased to receive the Osmo Pocket, and now I'm really fed up, and probably won't be able to register it until after Christmas. And all to save tuppence halfpenny! Clever eh?
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day gringorio. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activating you DJI Osmo Pocket using your Samsung Galaxy S7. We recommend using a device that is listed in the recommended mobile device list for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-18
Use props
gringorio
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-18 07:54
Hello and good day gringorio. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in activating you DJI Osmo Pocket using your Samsung Galaxy S7. We recommend using a device that is listed in the recommended mobile device list for compatibility and reliability of both the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

As others have said on this thread, DJI could have simply added the correct adapter and there would be no issues.
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sympathize with you... completely.  DJI should have anticipated the need for an alternate way of activation.  However, the use of USB-C is a necessary choice for fast data transfer.  4K data capture and transfer to the phone requires higher speed ports like those on the phones in the Compatibility list.  (Apples Lightening port/cable has had faster speeds for 3-4 years)  Plus USB users finally don't have to worry about 'which side is up or down' damaging the port trying to figure it out!  Anyhow there are workarounds to activation in other threads on the forum.  There are adapters that convert your Samsung port connector to the USB-C and you use the port on the bottom of the device for activation.  
2018-12-18
Use props
gringorio
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-18 08:35
I sympathize with you... completely.  DJI should have anticipated the need for an alternate way of activation.  However, the use of USB-C is a necessary choice for fast data transfer.  4K data capture and transfer to the phone requires higher speed ports like those on the phones in the Compatibility list.  (Apples Lightening port/cable has had faster speeds for 3-4 years)  Plus USB users finally don't have to worry about 'which side is up or down' damaging the port trying to figure it out!  Anyhow there are workarounds to activation in other threads on the forum.  There are adapters that convert your Samsung port connector to the USB-C and you use the port on the bottom of the device for activation.

Cool, thanks for the detailed description. I didn't understand that about the need for USB C.
2018-12-18
Use props
januszrychter
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-18 07:54

[view_image]

I'm surprised that under Android category you have no one Samsung phone listed. I don't know for sure but in my opinion in North America Samsung phones are way more popular than devices listed in your post.
In any case, My Samsung S9 Plus works very well with OP, zero problem activating  or updating firmware. I also didn't experience any problem with loosing connection. Mind you I just received OP yesterday evening so I didn't have much time to test and confirm it is 100% compatible phone.
2018-12-18
Use props
Fly Guy 702
New

United States

DJI has a track record of not informing its customers as well as potential customers of problems.  Take, for instance, the pre-hype introduction in New York, for the Mavic 2 Pro.  DJI canceled the big hoopla presentation, which in turn, left those who pre-paid for their airfare, hotel reservations with no refund.  There was no "sorry for the cancellation," nor did DJI offer some type of money compensation to those who got burned.  When DJI eventually (which I doubt) becomes truthful to its customers, then, maybe DJI will have a better reputation and confidence to potential buyers.
2018-12-18
Use props
LeeLee
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
Is there any reason why the Mimo app is lacking a lot of the nice features for the Android version? I got my Osmo but I feel cheated, all those nice features are only available to IOS users and not Android.
2018-12-18
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

LeeLee Posted at 12-18 14:33
Hi Guys,
Is there any reason why the Mimo app is lacking a lot of the nice features for the Android version? I got my Osmo but I feel cheated, all those nice features are only available to IOS users  and not Android.

2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_8nEcWBJmh5qk
New
Czechia

januszrychter Posted at 12-18 08:52
I'm surprised that under Android category you have no one Samsung phone listed. I don't know for sure but in my opinion in North America Samsung phones are way more popular than devices listed in your post.
In any case, My Samsung S9 Plus works very well with OP, zero problem activating  or updating firmware. I also didn't experience any problem with loosing connection. Mind you I just received OP yesterday evening so I didn't have much time to test and confirm it is 100% compatible phone.

I have another problem. After connecting Dji Osmo Pocket to Samsung Note 8 Osmo will start to charge Note 8 and soon the Osmo battery will be discharged. Osmo turns off, turns on and recharges the phone for USB to make Note 8 not charging via USB. Is your Samsung S9 not charging after connect? Thank you
2018-12-18
Use props
Guru143
New

United States

I too am quite perturbed that DJI didn't anticipate an alternate way of activating the Osmo Pocket without having to use USB type C.  I also own a Samsung Galaxy S7 that has a micro USB port.  I'm not saying that they should have included the adapter for my phone, but dang, at least have a way to connect it to my computer via the charging USB cable and activate that way.  
VERY disappointed that I purchased a product that I can't even activate  >.<   
2018-12-20
Use props
januszrychter
Second Officer
Canada

djiuser_8nEcWBJmh5qk Posted at 12-18 22:45
I have another problem. After connecting Dji Osmo Pocket to Samsung Note 8 Osmo will start to charge Note 8 and soon the Osmo battery will be discharged. Osmo turns off, turns on and recharges the phone for USB to make Note 8 not charging via USB. Is your Samsung S9 not charging after connect? Thank you

I think so, assuming I understand you right. I started  this experiment when OP was at 68% of battery and my S9+ was showing 83% and 1 hr 3 min needed to recharge full.  The OP was dead after 58 minutes and S9+ show 91% battery charge with 35 mins needed to be fully charged. At this point I am not able to turn my OP, it is dead, it doesn't like to be charged by my cell phone. If you ask me I don't consider this a big deal, 55 mins recording on OP with cell phone stick on is good to me. One thing to remember I didn't run any apps on my cell phone, no MIMO or anything else. The only thing active was battery option screen from  Device maintenance option. Wonder if anybody tried to run this experiment with power bank connected to OP, just wonder if OP would still charge a phone and what if OP will run off battery juice.
2018-12-21
Use props
maddawg69
New

United States

fans221cd8a6 Posted at 12-18 06:30
At least, we can see that a simple USB C to Micro USB converter is working and all functions are here.

No excuse then for DJI then not to release a direct Native Micro USB adaptor.

Absolutely agree!
2018-12-24
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.3
United States

I was able to connect my iPhone and iPad to the USB-C connector on the bottom of the Osmo Pocket by using a IOGear Male USB-C to Female USB-A cable. This allowed me to use my standard iPhone cable to connect to the Osmo Pocket with either my iPhone or iPad. This might solve your problem of connecting to your Samsung Galaxy S7 phones.

2018-12-27
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.3
United States

This is my Club video setup to record video using my iPad for control.

2018-12-27
Use props
Aykee1
New
United States

I thought the bottom port is only for charging but I could be wrong its USB C , so charging and data right? Am wondering if this setup is possible using Samsung S9?
2019-1-23
Use props
Aykee1
New
United States

B_Gears Posted at 2018-12-27 16:40
This is my Club video setup to record video using my iPad for control.

[view_image]

I thought the bottom port is only for charging but I could be wrong its USB C , so charging and data right? Am wondering if this setup is possible using Samsung S9?
2019-1-23
Use props
leventg
New
Turkey

I have got Galaxy A3 (2017) with USB-C connector and Osmo Pocket looks like trying to charge the phone. Hope DJI Mimo app will work someday.
2019-2-25
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

I'm wondering - there are 999 additional equipments for OP from second sources,
but NOONE produces a microUSB connector.  
I think this world consists for lightning & USB C only ...
2019-2-25
Use props
Apollo11capcom
lvl.1
United States

I ran into the same problem, so I bought an Apple USB to USB-C adapter, which worked for activation, and works for changing settings such as frame rate  and resolution, however it doesn't do so well just using as a recording screen as it begins to lag terribly after a few minutes, to the point of being unusable.
2019-2-25
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

if a micro usb adapter can be used to activate and connect from outside the application
so why Dji did not fix the original micro usb
I use micro usb adapter and everything works normal
  just need to sing ...
could make one original Micro Usb..a all bi boly satisfied

2019-3-13
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

2019-3-13
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

eraser07 Posted at 3-13 06:57
if a micro usb adapter can be used to activate and connect from outside the application
so why Dji did not fix the original micro usb
I use micro usb adapter and everything works normal

Ask Oracle of Delphi ... I also cannot understand why there is no
microUSB adapter - even not from second sources.
World not only consists from lightning & USB C

DJI could make a gooood price - $ 17.99 + ship. - second sources $ 2.99 + free ship.
2019-3-13
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

I believe someone will find who will do it
2019-3-13
Use props
fans2fa3533f
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-18 07:54

[view_image]

This is the most arrogant post I have seen in a long time. Shame on you.

2019-3-18
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

osmo pocket
Positive     micro usb  
Reverse    micro usb

20190313_153625.jpg
HTB1q3w8MCzqK1RjSZFpq6ykSXXaV.jpg
HTB1q3w8MCzqK1RjSZFpq6ykSXXaV.jpg
2019-3-19
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

osmo pocket
Positive     micro usb    Reverse    micro usb
2019-3-19
Use props
eraser07
lvl.1

Slovakia

eraser07 Posted at 3-13 10:24
I believe someone will find who will do it

So I found it  

positive micro Usb osmo pocket
reverse  micro Usb osmo pocket
2019-3-19
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Where? in your dreams?

Noooooo ... for 7 Dollars!

Yippieh!
2019-3-19
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.4
United States

Amazing what a simple problem this is to solve if you just spend 5 minutes on the internet being creative.....
2019-3-19
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/2 ... b0d4-0f8d8f034195-0

2019-3-19
Use props
yPP0qfoVQsxi
New

United States

How very frustrating.  I will definitely be considering this poor first experience with this brand when I am ready to go drone shopping in a few months.
2019-3-23
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

2019-3-23
Use props
rbueno
lvl.1
Philippines

[view_image]

Let me get this straight. After the Osmo Pocket at USD400, you now want me (ASUS mobile phone user) to UPGRADE my mobile device for another USD200 or so??

Let me ask this, instead, wouldn't it have been SIMPLER and far more economical, all around, if DJI had just simply supplied a MICRO USB ADAPTER, since Half the Planet are still on Micro-USB mobile devices??

Really, DJI. My admiration level just dropped significantly.

Wow... Just WOW.
2019-4-1
Use props
Tide
Captain
South Korea

rbueno Posted at 4-1 17:58
Let me get this straight. After the Osmo Pocket at USD400, you now want me (ASUS mobile phone user) to UPGRADE my mobile device for another USD200 or so??

Let me ask this, instead, wouldn't it have been SIMPLER and far more economical, all around, if DJI had just simply supplied a MICRO USB ADAPTER, since Half the Planet are still on Micro-USB mobile devices??
I feel your pain.
But some other facts to consider.

1. There are many phones with Micro usb port fliped around. Likely half of the manufacturers. They just couldn’t agree with each other sadly. So eather making 2 micro usb adapter faceing other ways, some people will have their phone facing away from them.

2. Micro usb is very loose and there could many incident with likely eather OP or phone drops or break. Not sure it is wise to let this high possiblity open for many people.

Easely connecting phone as monitor and keep the OP compact is briliant idea but dji engneers leave the unavoidable loop hole.

They could include usb c to micro converter at least.
2019-4-1
Use props
Yann Creator
New

France

[view_image]

Hello. Is someone knows if samsung A20 is compatible with osmo pocket 2 ? Thanks
2021-2-11
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Yann Creator Posted at 2-11 03:55
Hello. Is someone knows if samsung A20 is compatible with osmo pocket 2 ? Thanks

It comes with a USB-C adaptor and requires Android 7 or later. It should be compatible.

https://www.dji.com/pocket-2/specs
2021-2-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules