Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tello Firmware Version V01.04.91.01 Release Notice
18230 20 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date:  2019.05.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.04.91.01

What’s New?  
  • Optimized aircraft performance.

Notes:­­  

• Do not power off the aircraft during the firmware update.
  • Restart the aircraft once the firmware update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and the Tello app, and retry.

=========================================================================================

Overview
  • Date: 2019.03.28
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.04.88.01

What’s New?  

• Optimized aircraft performance.

Notes:­­  
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and the Tello app, and retry.

=======================================================================================

Overview
  • Release Date: 2018.12.12
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.04.78.01

What’s New?
  • Increased the hover accuracy for auto takeoff
  • Added support for Swift Playgrounds

Notes:
  • If the firmware update doesn’t succeed within 5 minutes or fails, restart the aircraft and the Tello app, and retry.
2018-12-17
Use props
Cepheroh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

Another good initiative from Ryze
2018-12-18
Use props
djiuser_E7ZqqabDJhDQ
New

United States

Hi, is there a way of accessing the video feed of the DJI Tello using my browser? I can access its commands using sockets through my server. But i cant seem to access the webcam for it to show on my localhost browser. Thoughts???
2018-12-19
Use props
vzr
lvl.1

Serbia

Video feed goes over RTP protocol. There is a subforum for tello development on tellopilots website, start gaining your info from there.
2018-12-19
Use props
Effess
New

India

After updating to 01.04.78.01 firmwareTello has become "a completely different bird, unstable fight, controller response variable, sometimes just moving up and down a foot or so when hovering." I also noticed if you were about a couple of metres up it would CLIMB upwards when you were going forward, and DESCEND by itself when below a meter and going forward. Also, tap to land is now hit and miss - sometimes it just bounced along the floor and did a sort of hop up again! I did a reset, re calibrated the IMU and did the center of gravity thing - But NO... no.. no stable flight!!! Its just as iffy! I am so disappointed Ryze ... a perfect little drone to an uncontrollable monster with an update!  Another thing... if you remove the Prop guards, it flies better - no rise-fall thing.. at least not in my limited testing.  C'mon Ryze fix this, PLEASE!!!!
2019-1-11
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Effess Posted at 1-11 10:48
After updating to 01.04.78.01 firmwareTello has become "a completely different bird, unstable fight, controller response variable, sometimes just moving up and down a foot or so when hovering." I also noticed if you were about a couple of metres up it would CLIMB upwards when you were going forward, and DESCEND by itself when below a meter and going forward. Also, tap to land is now hit and miss - sometimes it just bounced along the floor and did a sort of hop up again! I did a reset, re calibrated the IMU and did the center of gravity thing - But NO... no.. no stable flight!!! Its just as iffy! I am so disappointed Ryze ... a perfect little drone to an uncontrollable monster with an update!  Another thing... if you remove the Prop guards, it flies better - no rise-fall thing.. at least not in my limited testing.  C'mon Ryze fix this, PLEASE!!!!

We are very sorry about it Effess. I am going to take care of this for you right now. At first, please check if the following info would assist.
- Kindly check if one or more prop guards has been broken or not.
- Make sure that the altitude does not exceed 1000m
- Kindly refer the image below to check if the flying environment is good for hovering and flying.

If persists, for info collecting and further assistance, would you contact the right support at support@ryzerobotics.com?  Thanks a lot in advance.
2019-1-11
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_E7ZqqabDJhDQ Posted at 2018-12-19 01:40
Hi, is there a way of accessing the video feed of the DJI Tello using my browser? I can access its commands using sockets through my server. But i cant seem to access the webcam for it to show on my localhost browser. Thoughts???

Sincerely sorry for the miss. Currently, video streaming in real time is not supported in Tello APP. But if you want to make it on your own, you can contact SDK@ryzerobotics.com to see if it is feasible and how.
2019-1-11
Use props
Effess
New

India

RYZE Posted at 1-11 18:22
We are very sorry about it Effess. I am going to take care of this for you right now. At first, please check if the following info would assist.
- Kindly check if one or more prop guards has been broken or not.
- Make sure that the altitude does not exceed 1000m

Hi! Thanks for the prompt reply...
Yes the propeller guards are perfect - not a scratch or twist, and don't obstruct the props in any way -- - was flying with them 10 minutes before updating, and for the last few months - no issues. Never once took them off since Tello came out the box... till I was forced to the the IMU recalibrate now.

I'm flying inside a room - it's less than 5 metres to the roof! So, nowhere near 1000!

Thanks anyway... I'll contact Ryze support...
2019-1-12
Use props
knlsrs
New

India

Hi,

I received my new tello a few days ago. I set it up and it flew with first attempt.
After 3 flights, I get a notification for firmware update v01.04.88.01, and I install it. And right after, tello won't connect!!
Basically the I cannot detect the Tello wifi on my phone to connect to it.
I've tried all online solutions, i.e. resetting wifi and even pressing power button till light goes red.
In the latter (red light) mode, it does show up on wifi networks and I retried upgrading firmware. No luck.
as soon as it goes back to normal mode, there's no wifi network showing up and it blinks yellow light.
Is there are way to rollback the firmware to whats stable ??
Please help.
2019-4-10
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

knlsrs Posted at 4-10 00:06
Hi,

I received my new tello a few days ago. I set it up and it flew with first attempt.

Pretty sorry for this unpleasant issue Knlsrs, and it is regret that it is not supported to roll back to the old firmware version. In regard to it, could you kindly check the info below?
1. Just to confirm that you can connect its wifi previously before right? May I know the indicator after starting?
2.  Also wanna check you have resetting its wifi and upgrade successfully in loader mode just in case.
3. If persists, please reboot your phone, disable and enable wifi function again.
4. Just list for troubleshooting, can other mobile devices found its wifi signal?
2019-4-10
Use props
knlsrs
New

India

Thanks for the response.

1. Yes I could connect before firmware update. I do not remember the indicator earlier. Right now the LED blinks yellow.
2. Yes I reset the WiFi and also loaded firmware again in safe / loader mode. Did not fix the issue.
3. I did. No luck.
4. I've tried it with 3 different devices. Same issue. No wifi.

Also the drone really heats up while on.

2019-4-11
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

knlsrs Posted at 4-11 04:28
Thanks for the response.

1. Yes I could connect before firmware update. I do not remember the indicator earlier. Right now the LED blinks yellow.

Hi, Knlsrs, well received and thanks for all your troubleshooting. Per it, we sincerely sorry that it might need repair service, could you kindly describe your problems as well as troubleshooting we have done for further assistance. You might contact support@ryzerobosics.com
2019-4-12
Use props
Guorium
Captain
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Effess Posted at 1-12 03:16
Hi! Thanks for the prompt reply...
Yes the propeller guards are perfect - not a scratch or twist, and don't obstruct the props in any way -- - was flying with them 10 minutes before updating, and for the last few months - no issues. Never once took them off since Tello came out the box... till I was forced to the the IMU recalibrate now.

Calm down. The support agent meant 1000m from sea level. You can’t quite fly well when you live on a highland where air is thin. #aerodynamics
2019-4-12
Use props
Keego63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10082 ft
Australia

Thanks for sharing this
2019-5-20
Use props
Keego63
Second Officer
Australia

Can we please get a better description in the release notes than,
"Optimized aircraft performance."
How has it been optimized?
2019-5-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Cepheroh Posted at 2018-12-18 05:49
Another good initiative from Ryze

It is our great privilege, very glad that they have met your needs, enjoy it and happy flying!
2019-5-20
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Keego63 Posted at 5-20 00:57
Can we please get a better description in the release notes than,
"Optimized aircraft performance."
How has it been optimized?

Sure thing, the flight control system has been optimized to improve its flight stability.  
2019-5-20
Use props
Keego63
Second Officer
Australia

RYZE Posted at 5-20 18:12
Sure thing, the flight control system has been optimized to improve its flight stability.

Thx for the reply
2019-5-21
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

My pleasure. Wish a fantastic day ahead.
2019-5-21
Use props
NoddymanPE
New

South Africa

knlsrs Posted at 4-10 00:06
Hi,

Exactly the same!!! Wi-Fi only shows when rebooting (hold power button when off - green led then flashing red) once connected and do firmware update from app Tello cannot be found on Wi-Fi anymore
2019-8-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

NoddymanPE Posted at 8-19 06:55
Exactly the same!!! Wi-Fi only shows when rebooting (hold power button when off - green led then flashing red) once connected and do firmware update from app Tello cannot be found on Wi-Fi anymore

Well noted NoddymanPE, sorry for this unpleasant experience. May I confirm if its firmware has been upgraded successfully after pressing the power button off?

If yes, and its wifi is still not showing up, kindly reboot and drone and try resetting the unit by holding with power on for about 5s until the led goes off. If persists with another mobile device, we respectfully suggest you contact the right support at support@ryzerobotics.com for further assistance.  
Again, sorry for the inconvenience caused! Have a great day!
2019-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules