Mavic 2 Pro Crashed AND Lost || Learn From Our Mistakes!
1965 27 2018-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Even pro's crash!

Reprint
Content shared by Inspired Flyers Drone Community
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzLMyz6y-6v-5FnYaCkbKBA?disable_polymer=true

2018-12-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

shows that video is restricted cannot watch
2018-12-18
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 12-18 02:34
shows that video is restricted cannot watch

Strange! Plays fine on my end. I'm in U.S.A. California. What country are you in?
2018-12-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-18 05:27
Strange! Plays fine on my end. I'm in U.S.A. California. What country are you in?

South Africa
2018-12-18
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video plays fine for me.   Hopefully it will get more folks thinking about their flying and prevent a loss or two.
2018-12-18
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just post your flight log. It tells much more than 1000 words.
Phantom Help log upload.
2018-12-18
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

G_Sig Posted at 12-18 06:00
Phantom Help log upload.

See Reprint note. Stewart is a professional drone cinematographer in Scotland. I share his content with you hopefully to benefit you.

2018-12-18
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.  Good pointers to remember.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day Aaron Avila. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. In case a crash happened the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support. For additional help and analysis on the said drone. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-18
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-18 07:34
Hi and good day Aaron Avila. Thank you for sharing this video with us today. In case a crash happened the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support. For additional help and analysis on the said drone. Thank you for your support.

It took seven minutes of video for you to say, " just be careful".   I am sorry for your loss.  I am sorry for sitting here watching and not learning anything useful.
2018-12-18
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good video. It's happened of course to a lot of us. Good thing however he's not blaming the drone which is what some people do. Actually the very same thing happened to me a few months ago on the Mavic Air as I struck something on the side. Pilot error on my part. Whenever I'm flying close to objects I turn on that 'Tripod Mode'. Feature will save you $$$.
2018-12-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice find thanks for sharing
2018-12-18
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 12-18 14:30
It took seven minutes of video for you to say, " just be careful".   I am sorry for your loss.  I am sorry for sitting here watching and not learning anything useful.

Bro, I reprint content you may find useful. I assure you Stewart (in vid) is one of the most accomplished drone cinematographers I know. Based in either Scotland or Ireland.
It is extremely rare Stewart ever crashes a drone!
2018-12-18
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for sharing the video, Aaron. I think it gives very important message to drones pilots.
2018-12-18
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So in summary:

The chap who YouTube's under the name 'Drone Film Guide' flew his Mavic 2 Pro backward and right in an arc trajectory at full speed and into a cliff which, he says, destroyed the drone.  He had left the Mavic 2 Pro in the standard flight mode so the sideward sensors weren't operational.  He acknowledges this was a mistake and hopes to educate or remind others to be careful so that they don't suffer the same misfortune.  There is no footage of the collision as the drone was never recovered.  The situation was sad, inconvenient and costly.

Hope you enjoy whatever you get up to during the six and a half minutes you've just saved.  ;-)
2018-12-19
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

G_Sig Posted at 12-18 06:00
Phantom Help log upload.

It's not the video that belongs to OP's account. The above account just re posts other peoples video's/vlogs etc in here.  I think it's just an easy way to score points, I don't know. If it helps someone learn common sense to not crash, then it did it's job though.
2018-12-19
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

MrTitan Posted at 12-19 05:46
So in summary:

The chap who YouTube's under the name 'Drone Film Guide' flew his Mavic 2 Pro backward and right in an arc trajectory at full speed and into a cliff which, he says, destroyed the drone.  He had left the Mavic 2 Pro in the standard flight mode so the sideward sensors weren't operational.  He acknowledges this was a mistake and hopes to educate or remind others to be careful so that they don't suffer the same misfortune.  There is no footage of the collision as the drone was never recovered.  The situation was sad, inconvenient and costly.

Thanks for the excellent comment bro!
2018-12-20
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

HedsIc Posted at 12-19 07:02
It's not the video that belongs to OP's account. The above account just re posts other peoples video's/vlogs etc in here.  I think it's just an easy way to score points, I don't know. If it helps someone learn common sense to not crash, then it did it's job though.

Seriously bro? There are better pilots out there! I was just learning from them and sharing what I learn with our DJI Community. Are really saying that's not beneficial to our drone community?
Or do you think your comment benefits our community more?
2018-12-20
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-20 07:53
Seriously bro? There are better pilots out there! I was just learning from them and sharing what I learn with our DJI Community. Are really saying that's not beneficial to our drone community?
Or do you think your comment benefits our community more?
[view_image]

You literally are quoting me saying "If it helps someone learn common sense to not crash, then it did it's job though" .. Also not sure why you posted the photo or if I am missing something there, but it's a great photo of your family.
2018-12-20
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

HedsIc Posted at 12-20 11:15
You literally are quoting me saying "If it helps someone learn common sense to not crash, then it did it's job though" .. Also not sure why you posted the photo or if I am missing something there, but it's a great photo of your family.

Thanks for the family comment bro. I do that because I feel we as humans have forgotten there is a human being behind that computer and we're connected by human energy. At least that's how I see it. Here's my story so you know me better https://stroketv.blogspot.com/p/a.html

OOOOOOOOOOOps! Hit the thumbs down on my own post. Proof I'm a stroke survivor! lol
2018-12-20
Use props
HedsIc
lvl.4
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-20 12:02
Thanks for the family comment bro. I do that because I feel we as humans have forgotten there is a human being behind that computer and we're connected by human energy. At least that's how I see it. Here's my story so you know me better https://stroketv.blogspot.com/p/a.html

I will have to see if it will load on my phone here shortly. For some reason it shows the site as blocked when I try to view it on my computer.
2018-12-20
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

HedsIc Posted at 12-20 12:43
I will have to see if it will load on my phone here shortly. For some reason it shows the site as blocked when I try to view it on my computer.

What country you in?
2018-12-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-21
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

El Diablo Posted at 12-21 01:42
Why would any imbecile give a thumbs down for this?

OOOOOOOOOOOps! Hit the thumbs down on my own post. Proof I'm a stroke survivor! lol

2018-12-21
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-21 08:21
OOOOOOOOOOOps! Hit the thumbs down on my own post. Proof I'm a stroke survivor! lol

[view_image]

Aaron, I should have kept my mouth closed.  Or, restrained my fingers from typing. I apologize for that.
I have been a pilot 45 years and have read countless articles on how to avoid mishaps. Some were better than others, but they all have the same motivation in mind. In that light, I need to remind myself to appreciate the thoughts of posters. Happy Christmas, and please accept my apology.
2018-12-23
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Aaron Avila Posted at 12-21 08:21
OOOOOOOOOOOps! Hit the thumbs down on my own post. Proof I'm a stroke survivor! lol

[view_image]

Aaron, I should have kept my mouth closed.  Or, restrained my fingers from typing. I apologize for that.
I have been a pilot 45 years and have read countless articles on how to avoid mishaps. Some were better than others, but they all have the same motivation in mind. In that light, I need to remind myself to appreciate the thoughts of posters. Happy Christmas, and please accept my apology.
2018-12-23
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 12-23 08:33
I have been a pilot 45 years and have read countless articles on how to avoid mishaps. Some were better than others, but they all have the same motivation in mind. In that light, I need to remind myself to appreciate the thoughts of posters. Happy Christmas, and please accept my apology.

2018-12-23
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer
United States

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 12-23 08:33
I have been a pilot 45 years and have read countless articles on how to avoid mishaps. Some were better than others, but they all have the same motivation in mind. In that light, I need to remind myself to appreciate the thoughts of posters. Happy Christmas, and please accept my apology.

No worries bro!
Aaron
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules