Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Image Transmission Problem.
2226 21 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WhiteNimbus
Flight distance : 2431 ft
United States

The image on my phone is wonky. Exposure looks radically off almost negative. Yet when i pull images i take from the SD Card, they're perfect, clear 4k quality. I have no idea what could be wrong.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. May we know what mobile device are you using? have you tried to reset camera settings on the app? Please make sure you used a compatible device for reliability purposes. Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

Samsung Galaxy S8+, Yes ma'am i have. I believe everything is in order as far as compatibility.  
2018-12-18
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

Ive been doing heavy research into the matter. Is it possible that the flex ribbon wire from the SD card to the receiver is damaged?
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-18 09:25
Ive been doing heavy research into the matter. Is it possible that the flex ribbon wire from the SD card to the receiver is damaged?

Hi, thanks for your response. Just to clarify, may I know what's the model of your drone? Would it be possible if you can provide the screenshot of the issue? Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-18 09:25

No, otherwise the images on the SD card would be faulty too. It is most likely a problem with your phone.
2018-12-18
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What’s the device you are using to fly?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Alex B. Posted at 12-18 20:31
What’s the device you are using to fly?

Flysafely

As he says in post #3, Samsung Galaxy S8+
2018-12-18
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Is there enough free space on the device? At least 25/30% , there has to be some free space for the proper functioning.
Also you can try doing a fresh install of the DJI go app, that would work for sure.
I mean format the device and first install on it only DJI go 4, then it will surely work.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

Sorry for the late reply. I own a DJI Phanom 4. I've tried multiple devices. Samsung Galaxy S8+. IPhone 6s. Even got my friend to download the App for me to try it on his IPhone X. Same quality. Also, i think its counter productive to have a forum limit pictures to literally 1Mb. While troubleshooting devices that's pictures range from 2Mb-5Mb. My phone's screenshot is still too big at 1.4Mb.

This is my phone's view:

This is how the picture looks on the SD card:
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-19 05:31
Sorry for the late reply. I own a DJI Phanom 4. I've tried multiple devices. Samsung Galaxy S8+. IPhone 6s. Even got my friend to download the App for me to try it on his IPhone X. Same quality. Also, i think its counter productive to have a forum limit pictures to literally 1Mb. While troubleshooting devices that's pictures range from 2Mb-5Mb. My phone's screenshot is still too big at 1.4Mb.

This is my phone's view:

Have you tried downgrading your app version to see if that helps?

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

I have not sir, and to be honest. I have no clue how.
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-19 07:40
I have not sir, and to be honest. I have no clue how.

No problem I’ll explain. It’s easy.
You need to download earlier version from apkmirror.
Uninstall the current one, enable installation from unknown sources on the device.
Also disable app auto updates in play market.
But I just read that you say that you experience the same issue even trying on different devices such as s8 and iPhone X, and still same bad picture.
Hmm I’m afraid that in this case it might be a faulty drone
Try downgrading the app but small chance that it will help since you already tried on different devices and different platforms.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-19 12:41
No problem I’ll explain. It’s easy.
You need to download earlier version from apkmirror.
Uninstall the current one, enable installation from unknown sources on the device.

So, i downgraded the Firmware... Still the problem persists. Ive taken it to my local drone shop. Who after 5 hours told me they have no idea whats wrong and suggest i send it back to the manufacture. Im not very plush on money being this close to christmas... I wish someone would be able to at least tell me how much itll be. I only bought it a week ago. The drone flys and saves pictures perfectly. Only the display is wonky. Is it worth sending it back to DJI?
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

I'm so unsure and nervous. This is my first drone and a new passion. I want the display to work, but I don't want to pay 300 to fix what's 99% useable when I only paid 600 for it. Damn.
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-19 15:44
I'm so unsure and nervous. This is my first drone and a new passion. I want the display to work, but I don't want to pay 300 to fix what's 99% useable when I only paid 600 for it. Damn.

If you bought it just a week ago, then you shouldn’t have to pay for the repair.
I think that in this case the repair should be free. And it probably will be free of charge.

Flysafely all
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

That'd be a Christmas Miracle. I bought it off a nice couple from Craigslist. They only used it twice, but I think they had it collecting dust for a while.
2018-12-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-19 05:31
Sorry for the late reply. I own a DJI Phanom 4. I've tried multiple devices. Samsung Galaxy S8+. IPhone 6s. Even got my friend to download the App for me to try it on his IPhone X. Same quality. Also, i think its counter productive to have a forum limit pictures to literally 1Mb. While troubleshooting devices that's pictures range from 2Mb-5Mb. My phone's screenshot is still too big at 1.4Mb.

This is my phone's view:

No-one can judge the quality of an image from a picture posted on a forum site. If you want an objective opinion, post the actual image from the SD card to a site like Dropbox, then put a link to it up here.

As for the screen shot, I agree, it looks like crap. But the image you are seeing in not sent to the phone in its full pristine glory, it is heavily compressed so it can be sent via the radio return link from the aircraft to the RC unit. Then, just to make it work, the phone and the DJO Go4 app screw it up even more to make it suit the display screen of your phone.

I seriuosly doubt there is anything wrong with the aircraft at all. Keep this in mind, the display on your phone is not intended to look good, it is simply a guide to help you frame shots and give you an idea of exposure. It is not intended to judge the quality of the images, for that you look at them directly from the SD card on a decent computer and monitor.
2018-12-19
Use props
Marcy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1229938 ft
Canada

Make sure you have flight mood on
2018-12-19
Use props
WhiteNimbus
United States

I got it back from the repair shop today and tried to run it in airplane mode. Cleared out everything in my phone to have extra space. Nothings changed. *sigh* i guess its like you say Geebax. I have to just deal with.
2018-12-20
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

WhiteNimbus Posted at 12-20 14:22
I got it back from the repair shop today and tried to run it in airplane mode. Cleared out everything in my phone to have extra space. Nothings changed. *sigh* i guess its like you say Geebax. I have to just deal with.

Is the exposure down by any chance? Coz in the images the exposure is way off.
Just some thoughts.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-12-23
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Also, have you tried on another device?
Ah yes, you have. Well if the exposure is to 0 and you fly in normal color mode, on auto settings with auto color profile and still this, well it’s not normal in my opinion, somethings off.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules