DJI Go Storage Issue
522 1 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
earlcrowley
lvl.1
New Zealand

Hi guys,

Little bit confused by this one. I recently traveled to Japan and was using the following setup to record videos and take photos:

- Apple iPhone XS Max 64GB
- DJI Osmo Mobile 2

I came home and while my phone has always been regularly backed up to iCloud and my laptop, my phone was recently stolen and my replacement phone, for the time being, has been a 16GB, which has room for pretty much everything except the DJI Go App.

I can see the app on my home screen but when I click on it to install, it basically says there's not enough room on the phone for the app's contents.

I have seen a video where you can transfer the files from the app to your desktop from iTunes, but when I plug the new phone in, I can't see the app as an option under file sharing.

Can anybody please help me with this? I really want to make sure the videos and photos from the app aren't lost and move them to my laptop ASAP.

Thanks!
2018-12-18
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may want to check with Apple Support about using a phone with such limited memory.  While it's rated at 16GB, the actual storage is much less for you to use (see the general settings and look for available memory).  In addition that memory is used by iOS and any other Apps.  If you have Garage Band, iMovie, and the other free Apple apps, another 5-6 GB is already used.  Your probably best off using your laptop to view and edit videos anyhow until you get a phone with proper storage capacity.  Video takes A LOT of storage!
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules