Need some help with my mavic air video
460 11 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Voguish
lvl.1
United States

No matter what I do the video is kinda choppy and wavy I'm not sure if this is "jello" type of video capture but i've tried all the jello fixes and nothing seems to work! any ideas?

2018-12-18
Use props
Voguish
lvl.1
United States

Mavic Pro* my bad
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Voguish. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue on your DJI Mavic Pro. Just to verify, did the drone or gimbal shakes when it is hovering? If yes, I suggest checking if the propellers are damaged, change them when necessary; try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, if possible. Also calibrate the VPS system; avoid flying when there is a strong wind and much interference around. Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
Voguish
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-18 15:54
Hello and good day Voguish. I am sorry to know that you are having this issue on your DJI Mavic Pro. Just to verify, did the drone or gimbal shakes when it is hovering? If yes, I suggest checking if the propellers are damaged, change them when necessary; try to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, if possible. Also calibrate the VPS system; avoid flying when there is a strong wind and much interference around. Thank you.

Thank you! I did all that and will test it tomorrow afternoon hopefully with good results
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Voguish Posted at 12-18 16:31
Thank you! I did all that and will test it tomorrow afternoon hopefully with good results

You are very much welcome Voguish. Please keep us posted on the result. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-12-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

If you have the option, check with a full set of new propellers. Otherwise, try to let two identical propellers change place. Also check that the gimbal plate is in place. If it is jumped out of its right place, it may result in something similar to what you show.
2018-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have a ND filter on?
Did you re calibrate the gimbal?
Indeed, check for the gimbal plate bands, if they are loose.
But most likely it is one (or more) bad props.

2018-12-18
Use props
Voguish
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-18 23:18
Do you have a ND filter on?
Did you re calibrate the gimbal?
Indeed, check for the gimbal plate bands, if they are loose.

All the propellers are brand new, first thing i tried.no ND filter, someone was suggesting that my framerate was too high so im doing a test flight right now after doing the rest you suggested.  
2018-12-19
Use props
Voguish
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure what one thing fixed it but i replaced the props re-calibrated everything i possibly could refreshed the software on the controller and mavic pro and switched it to auto and manual and heres the result. looks like it worked well.
2018-12-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Voguish Posted at 12-19 16:46
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvM719xxAc&feature=youtu.be

I'm not sure what one thing fixed it but i replaced the props re-calibrated everything i possibly could refreshed the software on the controller and mavic pro and switched it to auto and manual and heres the result. looks like it worked well.

Nice you got it fixed!
I suspect it was a prop that caused the issue, but it might also be the last calibration.
Sometimes that just works.
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure what one thing fixed it but i replaced the props re-calibrated everything i possibly could refreshed the software on the controller and mavic pro and switched it to auto and manual and heres the result. looks like it worked well.

good job fixing it, hopefully it doesn't act up again.. my mavic pro was starting to get a bit jelloy at times before i sold it i thought it was the rubber band hanger things,,,which i couldn't fix reasonably but i was considering it.... sold it to a friend noting the potential issue and he replaced the props, cleaned everything out and did a calibration and says no more jello effects.. he said he removed a litterall handful of dirt/dust out of my mavic pro...i never cleaned it and i flew it it threw conditions it says in manual to not flew in..

speaking of my friend with my old mavic pro.. all 4 batteries i gave him are running amazingly he said, even though now all got over 200 cycles on the battery, he getting about 20 minutes out of them... and that bad boy has over 1200 miles on it now and visited several countries
2018-12-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkvM719xxAc&feature=youtu.be

I'm not sure what one thing fixed it but i replaced the props re-calibrated everything i possibly could refreshed the software on the controller and mavic pro and switched it to auto and manual and heres the result. looks like it worked well.

Glad to see it's fixed - prob unbalanced props
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules