Geo Fence
1261 7 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rescuechuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228291 ft
United States

I recently updated the Geofence file for my Phantom 4 Pro v2. I fly at a model airport near a real airport. In the previous version I would get a warning and if I clicked ok I could fly. Now I get a can not take off message that I am in a restricted area. Here is the map shoowing the model airport. This area needs to be taken out of the geofence as I am not the only person flying here. This is just south of Van Nuys Airport in the San Fernando Valley  portion of Los Angeles.

2018-12-18
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can get help with this by emailing flysafe@dji.com.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, regarding this issue, we suggest contacting flysafe@dji.com for further help, some screenshots will be also helpful. Thank you.
2018-12-18
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. I did that and I was instructed to get an authorization from the airport. I am waiting for that but I believe that it will only give only me a temporary authorization. This location needs to be removed from the no fly zone.
2018-12-18
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
United States

Here is a screen shot of the map and the model airport.

Model airport satellite photo.jpg
2018-12-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

rescuechuck Posted at 12-18 16:25
Thank you. I did that and I was instructed to get an authorization from the airport. I am waiting for that but I believe that it will only give only me a temporary authorization. This location needs to be removed from the no fly zone.

Good luck on that one.  Sometimes it pays to ignore updates.
2018-12-18
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
United States

Here is another map screen shot of a larger area.
larger area Model Airport.jpg
2018-12-18
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Huh... an AMA field aligned with a airport's runway in a 0' AGL facility map zone! I'm sure this field and the airport have a good working relationship over the years and AMA has been flying there for a long time. That's a nice looking field.
2018-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules