Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Roof maping and topography Question
767 3 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SunaiCL
lvl.1
Chile

Hi Guys,

I have a big question, i am a newbie on drones.
I bought an I1 and i use it for solar energy purposes, i would like to know:

• if i have to buy a topography camera to get terrein data?
  • or maybe just an app, like Pixel4d?
  • GCPs are the only way to Georeference images?
  • what about termographic data, i have the top of the line termographic camera but should i use an app to get the images well placed on a GIS map? (Georeference information system)

Thank you in advance!
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi SunaiCL, welcome to the drone world! Thank you for also detailing your questions.

For questions 1 & 2, Inspire 1 aircraft and gimbal cameras are supported by our DJI GS Pro app. DJI GS Pro can be utilized in many industries including architecture, precision agriculture, aerial mapping, electrical inspection, security control, disaster monitoring, and more; hence, you may find it useful in getting terrain data. But please be reminded that the app currently supports only all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported).

For question 3, GS Pro can generate polygons, line strings, and points. These points can be used as a reference for GCP. Currently, WGS-84 is the only coordinate system supported by GS Pro.

Lastly, for question 4, there may be a different app depending on the thermal camera you are using. With DJI, we have our very own Zenmuse XT (FLIR) thermal camera which can be used together with our DJI GO app. However, placing images on a GIS map while using a thermal camera at the same time may not be possible since there is a designated app for each function.

We worked really hard to create a thorough FAQ/tutorial/manual for more information you may need. You can also find those in these links below:

https://www.dji.com/ground-station-pro
https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-xt

Hope this helps.
2018-12-19
Use props
SunaiCL
lvl.1
Chile

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-19 14:49
Hi SunaiCL, welcome to the drone world! Thank you for also detailing your questions.

For questions 1 & 2, Inspire 1 aircraft and gimbal cameras are supported by our DJI GS Pro app. DJI GS Pro can be utilized in many industries including architecture, precision agriculture, aerial mapping, electrical inspection, security control, disaster monitoring, and more; hence, you may find it useful in getting terrain data. But please be reminded that the app currently supports only all iPad Air, Air 2, Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 4, and Pro tablets (Android is currently not supported).

Wow thank you alot!

1 question for 3d maping after the drone get the images, which software should i use to make the 3d model? is any license free?

btw i got a zenmuse XT, and i will need more help with that in the future.

thanks you so much again
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

SunaiCL Posted at 12-20 06:00
Wow thank you alot!

1 question for 3d maping after the drone get the images, which software should i use to make the 3d model? is any license free?

Hi SunaiCL, the image captured using the DJI GS Pro when under 3D Mapping can be input into 3D reconstruction software to generate 3D maps. We do not have any specific recommendations so you may look for which may suit you the most.

On the other hand, you may refer to the link below to be familiar on how to get started with the Zenmuse XT.

https://www.dji.com/zenmuse-xt/info#downloads
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules