Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
$700 DUTY on Mavic 2 Repair - Need Some Shipping Help
5573 6 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans01704c6f
lvl.1
United States

My Mavic 2 was experiencing some gimbal errors which were fixed quickly and under warranty with DJI (thanks!).

I was leaving on a 4 month trip shortly after, so I ended up paying $180 (cad) to have the drone 'next day' delivered to me in Toronto.

It ended up being delivered late and I wasn't able to pick the drone. I spoke with UPS directly, who offered to either refund the shipment cost, or provide free shipment to Colombia.

Before accepting - I checked with UPS Colombia, as well as my contact at UPS in North America and they said there would be no duties because it's a warranty return.

BAM! Drone arrives in Colombia with $700 in taxes and duties. UPS Colombia is telling me UPS Canada can fix it. UPS Canada is telling me UPS Colombia and the original shipper (DJI) can fix it.

My option are:
    - Abandon the drone and likely lose it entirely.
    - Pay $700 (in addition to $200) and have the drone
    - Refuse delivery and attempt to return to Canada (approx $200) there's a chance it will be lost, or duty will be charged again in Canada.

I'm really up the creek here in a sticky situation and I have to act fast because I don't want my $2000 drone marked as abandoned. I'm tangled in a web of UPS customer service and no one really has any answers.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Any suggestions to get that $700 of tax removed?

2018-12-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

That's a royal mess.  Sorry this happened.
2018-12-18
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

I don't think DJI can help you, it's the UPS issue
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry to read your post. I have tried but failed to get the case number via the forum information. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans01704c6f
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-18 17:13
That's a royal mess.  Sorry this happened.

Thanks, I appreciate the message.
2018-12-18
Use props
fans01704c6f
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-18 18:19
Hi there, we're sorry to read your post. I have tried but failed to get the case number via the forum information. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help.

Thanks DJI Susan. It's CAS-2534403-F5S3L0.

UPS is coming for the last time tomorrow and I will have to pay this duty or they've threatened the drone being abandoned (aka. I lose everything.)

I will have to pay the additional $700 and attempt to recoupe the loss later or I'll lose the $2000 drone.
2018-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans01704c6f Posted at 12-18 18:36
Thanks DJI Susan. It's CAS-2534403-F5S3L0.

UPS is coming for the last time tomorrow and I will have to pay this duty or they've threatened the drone being abandoned (aka. I lose everything.)

Received with thanks! This has been forwarded to the management for further assistance, they will review your case and contact you during the working time, thank you!
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules