When can we get Fixed Wing Mode on Mavic 2 ???
3087 14 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaronjc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1194134 ft
Taiwan

Dear DJI:
                  Could you tell us when can me get  Fixed Wing Mode  on Mavic 2 ???
2018-12-18
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Totally agree. As it is I have been very dissatisfied with the performance of the signal reception of Mavic 2. On TOP of that it does not come with functionalities that were there before in Mavic Pro like precision landing and of course Fixed Wing Mode! What’s going on DJIi?!!
2018-12-18
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

FlyingAnt Posted at 12-18 22:35
Totally agree. As it is I have been very dissatisfied with the performance of the signal reception of Mavic 2. On TOP of that it does not come with functionalities that were there before in Mavic Pro like precision landing and of course Fixed Wing Mode! What’s going on DJIi?!!

Signal reception of the mavic 2????
Are you saying that the connection is worse than on mavic pro1??
Isn’t it ocusync 2 and supposedly is much better?
Although I seriously doubt that it’s more powerful than the boost 1.5 watt on the mavic pro 1.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-19 12:33
Are you saying that the connection is worse than on mavic pro1??

It is far better, and the MP1 is no slouch.
2018-12-19
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Oracle Miata Posted at 12-19 16:31
It is far better, and the MP1 is no slouch.

I just wish that someone would record a video of analyzing the power of the signal with the equipment, for the mavic 2 and for mavic pro in boost mode. To compare which one is more powerful.
I guess that the boost is still more powerful, because as some users have said the fcc will never grant permission to a device that outputs 1.5watts

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-19
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

You do have the precision landing with the lastest update.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we haven't received information if the Mavic 2 series would support the Fixed wing mode at the moment. We will seek for an update in regards to this to see if we could provide latest updates on this. We do appreciate your understanding.
2018-12-21
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 12-19 17:11
I just wish that someone would record a video of analyzing the power of the signal with the equipment, for the mavic 2 and for mavic pro in boost mode. To compare which one is more powerful.
I guess that the boost is still more powerful, because as some users have said the fcc will never grant permission to a device that outputs 1.5watts

You shouldn't need to be operating at higher power, the defaults are more than enough for most uses. In principle anything else is in violation of CE or indeed FAA regulations.
2018-12-21
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Alex B. Posted at 12-19 12:33
Are you saying that the connection is worse than on mavic pro1??

Yes, the Mavic 1 and the white DJI goggle had better performance. Been flying in the same place and I never had that kind of signal loss before. The Mavic 2 Zoom with the goggle RE performance in terms of range flying in the same place is no match and I kept getting signal loss errors. Occusync 2 is suppose to be better but I think they need to sort out the firmware.
2018-12-24
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

I think Mavic 2’s hardwares should be able to support the fixed wing mode.
2019-1-6
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI are planning to return the Fixed wing mode in Mavic 3 and use it as a selling feature thinking that their past customers are muppets and will pay for a Mavic 3 which will be the same as Mavic 2 just a slightly different color, shape and with Fixed wing mode.... thank you for understanding and your continued and future support.
2019-3-27
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-12-24 23:13
Yes, the Mavic 1 and the white DJI goggle had better performance. Been flying in the same place and I never had that kind of signal loss before. The Mavic 2 Zoom with the goggle RE performance in terms of range flying in the same place is no match and I kept getting signal loss errors. Occusync 2 is suppose to be better but I think they need to sort out the firmware.

I see that you’re frustrated with the M2 and Goggles RE. Have a look at the following thread, I’m sure that’ll help you:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=184488
2019-3-30
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-12-24 23:13

Hi FlyingAnt. I see that you’re having the same frustrations as a lot of M2 and RE users. It seems that DJI has resolved the issue. Have a look at the following thread.
2019-3-30
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

What do ya say DJI, do you think Mavic 2 could have fixed wing mode added in the next update. It was a fun feature in Mavic Pro and seems reletively simple of an addition, unless Im missing something and its being held back? Thx for consideration.
2019-12-9
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

We STILL would like to have the FIXED WING MODE feature that was on the less advanced, Mavic Pro, but isnt on the more advanced & more expensive MAVIC 2...
Hmm does that make sense?

What features will DJI be removing from the Mavic 3???
2019-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules